ADVERTISEMENT

Thank 'da Lawdy For My Crazy clemson Friend

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
clemson played an outstanding game, proving to me the parity in college football is real, providing me with great expectations for 2016 'cause the way they hung with 'Bama showed me we can hang with them, too - or with anybody else out there on the horizon.

We started
'pre-game' pretty early, thus by 8 o'clock the place was kinda' "rowdy" ... I'd bet everything won for the season betting against clemson split half while giving 7 and taking the under, so by the time it was 24-21 clemson in the late 3rd Q it looked like a 'push' for the year 'cause the tigers were getting it done thanks to the country's best QB and a little guy walk-on from Myrtle Beach playing out of position and lights out.

THANK 'da LAWDY
for my crazy clemson fan friend who (I suspect while in a slightly altered state) insisted I give him clemson 2 to 1 'straight up' for a bundle about 15 minutes before kick-off.

Given I was already 'giving' the spread
straight-up sounded like a dead-lock to me, so I took it.

I lost every other spread-bet I made and was blown-up on the O/U but my buddy saved me making not the year but the night a 'push' - terrific football game, the right team - the best team won and all is right in the world.

I expect Dabo will say something doofus like "if we played 'em 10-times we'd win 5" or some-such - but the reality is this season is OVER and thousands of worthless, pre-printed tee-shirts and mistaken hats are already on their way to third-world countries.

The bubble burst, the best is still the best and clemson's just like everybody else getting ready for 2016.
I can hardly wait for our chance to play 'em again.

"Special teams" ... they're called that for a reason. On-side kicks and KO's returned for TD's, interceptions turned into points - the little things that separate winners from losers.
A lot of parity out there. 2016 should be a great year for the Gamecocks.

Man do I feel LUCKY!!! I've got TWO great basketball teams to root for, a REAL baseball team to root for, 2016 to look forward to in football and a crazy clemson friend who kept me in the dough!!!

My buddy only has "what might have been".
What a great night - what a big win. For the boys in the overalls last night was the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT