ADVERTISEMENT

That TD run by Carson was the best run in his career

We ran the same play just before that with David Williams and he started dancing instead of doing what Shon did. He made the first down but I thought if he had hit the hole the way Shon did he might have had the TD. Go back and look at it.

The line definitely started opening up bigger holes as the game went on. Carson runs hard for a little guy and he's got a 2nd gear that I'm not sure any of the other backs have. Hopefully he gets the ball a little more to see if he can keep it up

We ran the same play just before that with David Williams and he started dancing instead of doing what Shon did. He made the first down but I thought if he had hit the hole the way Shon did he might have had the TD. Go back and look at it.
Williams had decent numbers, but there were several runs where he cut the wrong way, right into a defender. Hopefully some time in the film room will help that.

I don't like it when players dance around... Power ahead and go...

Knott's pulling block was big. Also, when Shon turned the corner I thought to myself, there is no way that safety is coming across the field and taking him down. The guy just has that burner speed.

By far one of Carsons best, if not the best game, he has played. He was ready.....Its stuff like that you need for other players to see and be a part of that take you from good to great....

Glad to see the kid get one last season to show what he can do. Has had some tough breaks along the way. Our offense can really use his break away speed this year and it showed the other night.

Last edited:
Another good reason why coaches shouldn't declare starters so early in camp. Allowing these guys to compete on level playing field prepares them for the season.

Chuck, that was funny. Tks. I may be being a little cynical about Carson but where has that Carson been for the last few years? Fla run was great but it just proves what he can do when he really tries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT