ADVERTISEMENT

The Morning After and Moving Forward

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Like many Carolina fans, I wanted to wake up this morning and find out that this was all a bad dream. But it wasn't. What we saw last night was eight years of hard work paying off. While Clemson didn't ever want to lose to us, there was more to it for them... bowls, championships, and eventually a National title.

We have to set some realistic goals moving forward. We have to start competing for Eastern Div. titles. and eventually then set our goals to SEC title games. We have to keep pushing the envelope and moving forward with either Tanner, Pastides, and the Board getting on board or finding others who have the same mentality of winning. Sports are a business, and right now, we look like we are happy being in the red.... As Carolina fans, IMHO, we need to continue to voice our opinions like Clemson did for change. It brought them a National Championship in only 8 years. They are going to get rings that say the above mentioned, while we give rings for winning eleven games and put on a concert for winning SIX GAMES... Think our mentality isn't where it needs to be?

Like many Carolina fans, I wanted to wake up this morning and find out that this was all a bad dream. But it wasn't. What we saw last night was eight years of hard work paying off. While Clemson didn't ever want to lose to us, there was more to it for them... bowls, championships, and eventually a National title.

We have to set some realistic goals moving forward. We have to start competing for Eastern Div. titles. and eventually then set our goals to SEC title games. We have to keep pushing the envelope and moving forward with either Tanner, Pastides, and the Board getting on board or finding others who have the same mentality of winning. Sports are a business, and right now, we look like we are happy being in the red.... As Carolina fans, IMHO, we need to continue to voice our opinions like Clemson did for change. It brought them a National Championship in only 8 years. They are going to get rings that say the above mentioned, while we give rings for winning eleven games and put on a concert for winning SIX GAMES... Think our mentality isn't where it needs to be?

I don't think we'll have to worry about giving out rings for eleven win seasons any time soon. FML.

15977870_10104775020816927_335844710020443296_n.jpg

we have a whole boat load of folks that are just tickled to have their title and won't rock the boat.
If Mushchamp wasnt here he would be a d coordinator for another SEC school
If Tanner wasnt here he would be a baseball coach at another prominent program
If Nickey Haley wasnt Governor would she be on our BOT?
When are we going to raise the bar???

nope have to be ruthless and put program before friendships we cant mess up the country club

SC Country Club...This is what happens when we go from #4 in the country to a bottom feeder in the conference again?? You don't have that happen over night unless you stop recruiting and coaching... SOS and JR turned a place that they could have gone down in the record books for turning this program around, to leaving it in worse shape then when they arrived. We HAVE TO FIND AN A.D. AND BOARD WHO ARE COMMITTED TO WINNING NOW.

Reactions: GC2020 and trekcock
I know Radakovich didn't hire Dabo but he has certainly been impressive in fund raising since taking over at Moo U. Coach Tanner is the Peter Principle personified. In hindsight it would have rather let him walk and take over at head coach at Texas or some other baseball power than to elevate him to his current position. His best accomplishment is pulling a reverse Joni Mitchell and unpaving the parking lots around the stadium and getting a statute put up for Big George to solicit $ for photos with on Gamedays.

Reactions: carolimamike864
if u have an AD that would not sniff an AD job at any of the top schools in your conference. A head coach that wouldn't sniff another HC job at one of the top schools and board members that would t be board memebers at you rivals school even though the graduated from your rivals University what do u expect? Heck we couldn't fire a underachieving OLine coach at seasons end because he was grandfathered in

Reactions: trekcock
I love the Gamecocks and will till the day I die. I have two degrees from USC, as do my father and brother. I will never stop supporting them, but Lord us Gamecock fans have to have the worst return on investment of any fanbase in America. While our in-state rival prospers in the biggest revenue sport in America, our administration trots out the WBB and baseball teams as proof of our success. Until this changes, we clean house and transform our mindset, I don't see us beating Clemson more than once or twice a decade. That being said, I wouldn't trade the suffering, because when we do win, it will feel all the better.

Reactions: SCsandlapper
I love the Gamecocks and will till the day I die. I have two degrees from USC, as do my father and brother. I will never stop supporting them, but Lord us Gamecock fans have to have the worst return on investment of any fanbase in America. While our in-state rival prospers in the biggest revenue sport in America, our administration trots out the WBB and baseball teams as proof of our success. Until this changes, we clean house and transform our mindset, I don't see us beating Clemson more than once or twice a decade. That being said, I wouldn't trade the suffering, because when we do win, it will feel all the better.

U love your kids too but sometimes u have to sit them down and explain what the expectations are. Problems don't just evolve and fix themselves

STOP giving these "good ole boys"money. Not another dime from me, I will spend it on vacations

1975: We beat Clemson 56-20

Their top $ boosters get together and say "never again" and they reel off 3 in a row and 7 of the next 8.

The 5 peat

Afterwards, they appear in 2 National Title games and win the 2nd.

Point? They've always had a more visceral reaction to their rival's success. Especially when it's come at their expense.

So what's our opposite, and hopefully equal, reaction??

STOP giving these "good ole boys"money. Not another dime from me, I will spend it on vacations

I agree. Yes, while around the stadium needed some upgrades... could we have not save a few extra dollars to help retain the top assistants in the nation. Last time I checked, recruits aren't making decisions based on how good the tailgating and pre-game areas are... they're more concerned with the coaches at the school and who is going to put them in the best position to win.

This cannot be denied. We filled up the stadium when the Gamecocks went 0-21 and eventually we got better. Under Spurrier, we have the most success the program has ever known, but then we drop all the way back down to the bottom. When I hear people griping about our fans not filling up the stadium, I just shake my head. We are sick and tired of watching our teams lose and our rivals prosper. Enough is enough, quit supporting this train wreck and demand a pursuit of excellence!! Maybe that will get the administration's attention. We simply deserve better.

Too much acceptance of mediocrity around our school. Too many people that seemed focus on having a good time instead of demanding excellence. Who gives a rip about the tailgate if you're getting your butt handed to you by your rival. Nothing against Darius Rucker personally (seems like a super nice guy and a great proponent for our school), but somebody at the school should have told him we aren't going to have a concert for winning 6 games. 6 wins may have in fact been a good outcome for this team, but you don't celebrate mediocrity. I know our President and BOT want to win, but I'm not sure they are laser-focused on it like some other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT