ADVERTISEMENT

The test was a Team Administered test, not an NCAA Test

Dabo is coming out of this thing looking like a saint. Everyone is praising him for the way he "handled it". What I see is a coach that recruited druggies and gave one a second chance after being busted with cocaine. They really are trying to spin this thing as best they can and it seems to have some people fooled. I'm smart enough to see a dirty program that got busted and is trying to save face.

I really don't care who tested, but the three in question got busted by a Clemson test, not an NCAA test. It will all come out soon enough. I realize that does not fit with the desired narrative and I had assumed it was NCAA testing. It was not. That changes nothing about the stupidity of these three, but it does make one heck of a difference in how it was handled.
Oh, so this info was pre-released exclusively to tater fans and will be announced to the rest of the world at a later date.

Oh well, nothing to see here folks. Just the Dabbler making sure the boys are keeping up that squeaky clean wholesome reputation Da-blo claims they have and loves to brag about. They are still the most awesomest u in the ultraverse.

dumbo's press conference. Or it's all over taternet.
What an acting job by Dabo that was too. I don't care what that idiot says, it's a huge distraction and it will affect the team. If the team was "dialed in" and focused on Oklahoma they wouldn't have players smoking and snorting. The other 3 teams are dialed in and there to take care of some business, Clemson is there to party and expect the trophy to be handed to them.

Reactions: SliderUSC
So when is the NCAA testing? Do they test randomly or verify the school's tests? Was dumbo scared that if the NCAA tested the same guys they would ask for copy of the school's tests? I know dumbo had no choice but to send the players packing. If he could have gotten away with it, he would have.

Dumbo was worried it might come back to bite him and if they did go on to win the nat'l champ, it might be stripped. dumbo didn't do this out of integrity. He had no choice.

Reactions: BigTomE
Technically any test is an NCAA test and any NCAA test is a school test. Because:

Schools are required to have drug policies and follow them.

Schools are required to have official reps at any NCAA performed test.

Reactions: GCMD2 and SliderUSC
Technically any test is an NCAA test and any NCAA test is a school test. Because:

Schools are required to have drug policies and follow them.

Schools are required to have official reps at any NCAA performed test.
Drug Free Sport conducts the tests for the NCAA. The individual school's are separate from this. Penalties are different also.

What is the penalty for an NCAA positive drug test?

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season. A second positive test for street drugs results in another lost year of eligibility and year withheld from competition. A second positive result for PED usage will render the student-athlete permanently ineligible.

What is the penalty for failing a school-issued drug test?

Each NCAA member is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.

Reactions: GCMD2 and SliderUSC
Smoke equals fire that of course you can't smell if your head is buried in the sand or up you own butt

I didn't say it was about every program. I am not making excuses...I am simply stating before you start casting stones, look in the mirror.

The 3 players deserve the lashing they are getting, but it doesn't define the program, the 112 other players or staff. They were selfish, not thinking about the team, got busted and sent home and rightfully so. In my opinion I think they should be off the team for good. Its not like they didn't understand the rules.

These taters are just hilarious!! In FULL SPIN mode, with a little Deflection (bringing up Garcia again) and smearing of the facts, whatever it takes to SAVE FACE and reduce the three suspensions to something as simple as a verbal warning from a cop for not giving a turn signal.

This "wizard" is so genius he quoted dumbo almost word for word, but did he even stop to think what he was saying??? Apparently not!! If 112 players did it right, and only 3 failed, that is a 100% FAILURE RATE. I can guarantee you that some of the other 115 that were not tested are SWEATING BULLETS now hoping they are not required to take a pee test now!!

I just love it when these hypocrites are exposed, and it's brought up on Nat'l tv for all to see! All us Gamecocks KNOW for a FACT that the little "utopia" in the corner of the state known as Clemson has a football program that is as dirty as any other program, and maybe even worse. They are very adept at keeping bad news from getting out of the confines of pickens county.

Even the clemmons propoganda minister David Hood wrote a literary masterpiece today stating that some of the Bama and OU players also failed pee tests, and they would be dealt with on Monday. Yeah, right David, back it up with proof, not accusations. NO OTHER NEWS has come out about any other teams having failed any pee tests.

Again, I love it when the tillmanites are having to squirm in front of a Nat'l audience. BOOMER SOONER!! Get you some baked taters tomorrow!! Oh yeah, ESPN just pointed out ONE MORE TIME in this Belk Bowl that THREE CLEMSON PLAYERS WERE SENT HOME. Love it!!!

There is a lot of misunderstandings about NCAA and University drug testing programs. The NCAA should really do a better job of educating the fan base. The lack of information frequently causes confusion.

This is the way it works.

The NCAA administers a year round drug testing program. In addition it does testing at championship events.

Each school is required to give the NCAA a team roster. The NCAA randomly selects players and gives the school a list of who will be tested. At championship events the school is given no advance notice of which athletes will be tested. If the testing is not during a championship event then the school is given a one day notice or no notice.

The NCAA does not routinely test for street drugs. The NCAA tests athletes for the following PED's:
  • Anabolic Agents
  • Diuretics and other masking agents
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists
If a player fails an NCAA administered test they automatically receive a 12 month suspension. In addition, a player that fails an NCAA administered test may face enhanced screening in the future that could involve testing for street drugs. If a player fails a second NCAA administered test they lose all remaining eligibility and are no longer allowed to compete in NCAA sanctioned events.

It is up to each university to decide if they want to conduct their own institutional testing programs independent of NCAA drug testing. The NCAA does not require individual schools to conduct testing. However, most institutions do test their athletes.

There are no NCAA rules that stipulate what a school may or may not test for or what penalties should be handed down for failed drug tests. It is entirely up to each institution to determine what they want to test for and what if any penalties may apply.

That is why you may see a student athlete that tests positive for marijuana at one school be suspended for a game or two and the same situation at another school results in running extra laps.

That is also why you never see an athlete get a 12 month suspension for failing an NCAA administered test in which they tested positive for marijuana or cocaine. It rarely happens because the NCAA rarely tests for street drugs.

Therefore, Clemson did not have to test the athletes and once they tested positive they did not have to punish them. In addition, it may be that none of the other schools are announcing positive results because they chose not to test.

Don't blame the messenger, I don't make the rules.

There is a lot of misunderstandings about NCAA and University drug testing programs. The NCAA should really do a better job of educating the fan base. The lack of information frequently causes confusion.

The NCAA administers a year round drug testing program. In addition it does testing at championship events.

Each school is required to give the NCAA a team roster. The NCAA randomly selects players and gives the school a list of who will be tested. At championship events the school is given no advance notice of which athletes will be tested. If the testing is not during a championship event then the school is given a one day notice or no notice.

The NCAA does not routinely test for street drugs. The NCAA tests athletes for the following PED's:
  • Anabolic Agents
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists
If a player fails an NCAA administered test they automatically receive a 12 month suspension. In addition, a player that fails an NCAA administered test may face enhanced screening in the future that could involve testing for street drugs. If a player fails a second NCAA administered test they lose all remaining eligibility and are no longer allowed to compete in NCAA sanctioned events.

It is up to each university to decide if they want to conduct their own institutional testing programs independent of NCAA drug testing. The NCAA does not require individual schools to conduct testing. However, most institutions do test their athletes.

There are no NCAA rules that stipulate what a school may or may not test for or what penalties should be handed down for failed drug tests. It is entirely up to each institution to determine what they want to test for and what if any penalties may apply.

That is why you may see a student athlete that tests positive for marijuana at one school be suspended for a game or two and the same situation at another school results in running extra laps.

That is also why you never see an athlete get a 12 month suspension for failing an NCAA administered test in which they tested positive for marijuana or cocaine. It rarely happens because the NCAA rarely tests for street drugs.

Therefore, Clemson did not have to test the athletes and once they tested positive they did not have to punish them. In addition, it may be that none of the other schools are announcing positive results because they chose not to test.

Drug Free Sports tests for the NCAA and they do test for street drugs. Here is the NCAA drug policy, not Taternet's interpretation of it.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/5. Drug Testing Program Book 2013-14.pdf

Or, they could have tested themselves to preempt the NCAA random test with its harsher penalties.

• Anabolic Agents
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists

Spinning.gif~c200

Why would NCAA test "AFTER" the game? If KKKlemsux drug tested ths week I'm a betting man and believe there were more failed test than these three. Paying players and the obvious drug connection at Sheephumper U makes me wonder why the NCAA isn't sitting on their doorstep every day.

rogue cock......

Again, I understand the confusion. The NCAA is not very good at making things clear.

Drug free testing

In the link that you provided it states:

The NCAA year-round testing program may test for anabolic agents, diuretics and masking agents, peptide hormones, beta-2 agonists and beta blockers. Stimulants and street drugs are generally not tested in NCAA year-round testing.

Let me explain what they mean by generally. They will only test an athlete for street drugs if they have failed an NCAA administered test in the past.

The link you provided also claims that athletes may be tested for street drugs at championship events. The penalty for failing this drug test is as follows:

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season.

I have never heard of a player failing an NCAA administered test for street drugs. It would be huge news if a player were suspended for 12 months for marijuana. If you can find a link where a player was suspended for a year for failing an NCAA drug test for marijuana, then I will believe that they actually do test for it.

That is why the schools are choosing to drug test their athletes themselves. If they fail a school administered test then it is up to the school to choose what if any penalty they want to apply. They could literally choose not to punish them at all.

rogue cock......

Again, I understand the confusion. The NCAA is not very good at making things clear.

Drug free testing

In the link that you provided it states:

The NCAA year-round testing program may test for anabolic agents, diuretics and masking agents, peptide hormones, beta-2 agonists and beta blockers. Stimulants and street drugs are generally not tested in NCAA year-round testing.

Let me explain what they mean by generally. They will only test an athlete for street drugs if they have failed an NCAA administered test in the past.

The link you provided also claims that athletes may be tested for street drugs at championship events. The penalty for failing this drug test is as follows:

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season.

I have never heard of a player failing an NCAA administered test for street drugs. It would be huge news if a player were suspended for 12 months for marijuana. If you can find a link where a player was suspended for a year for failing an NCAA drug test for marijuana, then I will believe that they actually do test for it.

That is why the schools are choosing to drug test their athletes themselves. If they fail a school administered test then it is up to the school to choose what if any penalty they want to apply. They could literally choose not to punish them at all.
From the NCAA drug policy:

The program involves urine collection and laboratory analyses for substances on a list of banned-drug classes developed by the NCAA Executive Committee. This list consists of substances generally purported to be performance enhancing and/or potentially harmful to the health and safety of the student-athlete. Notably: • Student-athletes are held responsible for use of all banned substance at all times. • The NCAA year-round testing program may test for anabolic agents, diuretics and masking agents, peptide hormones, beta-2 agonists and beta blockers. Stimulants and street drugs are generally not tested in NCAA year-round testing. • The NCAA championship testing program may test for all banned drug classes, and include tests for street drugs and stimulants. • Other testing occasions, such as exit test and attempted manipulation may include testing for all banned drug classes.

Reactions: NetworkX
rogue cock......

Again, I understand what you are getting at, it is not clear.

In the part that you made bold, do you see that word MAY. They put that in there purposefully. It makes things vague. They MAY test for all banned drug classes and include tests for street drugs and stimulants. Again they MAY.

If an athlete were to be tested for street drugs by the NCAA and fail, then the athlete would immediately be suspended for 12 months.

If you can find one single example of this ever happening then I will believe that the NCAA actually does test for street drugs. Until then it is simply that they MAY test for them if they so choose.

I have never, ever heard of a single athelete in Division 1 or FBS having a year of eligibility taken from them by the NCAA due to marijuana. It just does not happen with any regularity.

Last edited:
rogue cock......

Again, I understand what you are getting at, it is not clear.

In the part that you made bold, do you see that word MAY. They put that in there purposefully. It makes things vague. They MAY test for all banned drug classes and include tests for street drugs and stimulants. Again they MAY.

If an athlete were to be tested for street drugs by the NCAA and fail the athlete would immediately be suspended for 12 months.

If you can find one single example of this ever happening then I will believe that the NCAA actually does test for street drugs. Until then it is simply that they MAY test for them if they so choose.

I have never, ever heard of a single athelete in Division 1 or FBS having a year of eligibility taken from them by the NCAA due to marijuana. It just does not happen with any regularity.
They do. I did an appeal for a client's daughter a few years ago and had to learn that policy inside and out. They test for all banned substances during post-season. She was eventually cleared because of a false-positive for PEDs due to a medication she was required to take for epilepsy, but the test results ran the gamut from performance enhancing drugs to street drugs and alcohol. She was not allowed to participate in the championship meet however.

Reactions: NetworkX and GCMD2
I completely believe that under certain circumstances the NCAA would test a female athlete for street drugs.

Again, give me an example of a Division 1 or FBS player receiving a 12 month suspension for failing an NCAA administered drug test for street drugs. It does not have to be recent. Any example ever. Any team in Division 1 or FBS.

Certainly if they test for it then at least one player in the history of the NCAA would have failed.

I completely believe that under certain circumstances the NCAA would test a female athlete for street drugs.

Again, give me an example of a Division 1 or FBS player receiving a 12 month suspension for failing an NCAA administered drug test for street drugs. It does not have to be recent. Any example ever. Any team in Division 1 or FBS.

Certainly if they test for it then at least one player in the history of the NCAA would have failed.
Knowing that the NCAA can and will test you...even with random testing, I seriously doubt most players are stupid enough to use any drugs during the post-season. They actually test a small percentage of the total participants, so if anyone does use the likelihood of getting caught is small. That's why catching 3 on one team is almost ridiculous.

And the results are private....very private. The NCAA will only release the information to the school and/or the participant. The only way you hear about it is the school or the participant releasing it. Even if the school releases it in most sports it won't get the attention of anyone...football, basketball and maybe baseball are the exceptions.

Hmmm, so the NCAA tests females for street drugs but not male atheletes? That doesn't sound right at all. Lawsuit waiting to happen.

What's the big deal? So they had three players getting popped for some drugs during a very critical time. So flipping what. Of course Dabo is going to try to minimize this, as every coach would.

I hate clemson, and hope they get their azz waxed regardless, but some of the homers here try to make it seem like it's all a big GOTCHA moment. Lighten up guys.

What's the big deal? So they had three players getting popped for some drugs during a very critical time. So flipping what. Of course Dabo is going to try to minimize this, as every coach would.

I hate clemson, and hope they get their azz waxed regardless, but some of the homers here try to make it seem like it's all a big GOTCHA moment. Lighten up guys.
In a random drug test with a small percentage of the participants tested, having 3 positives on one team is a HUGE gotcha. Not to mention Dabo taking credit for "handling the situation" when he had no choice or say in the matter.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I didn't say it was about every program. I am not making excuses...I am simply stating before you start casting stones, look in the mirror.

The 3 players deserve the lashing they are getting, but it doesn't define the program, the 112 other players or staff. They were selfish, not thinking about the team, got busted and sent home and rightfully so. In my opinion I think they should be off the team for good. Its not like they didn't understand the rules.

when each and every program has had their own share of problems.

Check the bolded above. But you didn't say it was about every program did you. Whatever, TOT.

Please don't get me started about the TOT school and TOT fans like you. You'll get me banned for the...........I've lost count of the number of times.

Go back to your TOT slurpin' board and have a happy New Year.

Knowing that the NCAA can and will test you...even with random testing, I seriously doubt most players are stupid enough to use any drugs during the post-season. They actually test a small percentage of the total participants, so if anyone does use the likelihood of getting caught is small. That's why catching 3 on one team is almost ridiculous.
Exactly. If they only tested 10 guys, that's 30%. Good thing for Dabo they don't test the whole team. He might have to call up the practice team.

I really don't care who tested, but the three in question got busted by a Clemson test, not an NCAA test. It will all come out soon enough. I realize that does not fit with the desired narrative and I had assumed it was NCAA testing. It was not. That changes nothing about the stupidity of these three, but it does make one heck of a difference in how it was handled.

Link?

I believe what gets many on this board is the santimonious, holier than thou attitude from Dabo. He acts like this kind of thing doesn't happen in the special wonderland that is clempson. He's real. He's genuine. He's a cool guy that can dance and Dab. He would never spin or lie. So when he and his program get caught with stuff like this, it further illustrates how fake and disingenuous he really is.

Hookers, weed, and booze? Please provide a link...
The story I remember was he had booze and girls in his room.
Yeah. Love the way he threw in 'weed' as if it was a forgone conclusion. Take out the weed and you have a girl and booze in the room. Neither of which is illegal. But maybe off limits for Garcia at that point

And yet he never once snorted cocaine like your kicker did. Twice.
Another 'FACT' that is not true but assumed. Garcia had a DUI and was arrested for having drugs. NOPE!!! Never happened. As a matter of fact, I don't think Garcia was EVER arrested. At least while he was at South Carolina.

Saint Dabo has it under control. Valium to help his coke lovers settle down after a night of teeth grinding. Weed smokers will get Frankenberry Crunch with a sprinkle of Dabo's love. It'll all work out for "The Family."
Truth is that Clemmers and Dahbo have been preaching religion, family and values since Dahbo has been there. They have unequivocally suppressed failed drug tests and arrests from the media under this regime, all the while continuing to preach their holier than thou propaganda. Funny how it comes back to smite them in their hour of glory. Hood and many of those Clem supporters are flat out hypocrites, and I do believe I am not even remotely close to approaching exaggeration, that group will say or do anything to protect the false facade created by Dahbo.

I believe what gets many on this board is the santimonious, holier than thou attitude from Dabo. He acts like this kind of thing doesn't happen in the special wonderland that is clempson. He's real. He's genuine. He's a cool guy that can dance and Dab. He would never spin or lie. So when he and his program get caught with stuff like this, it further illustrates how fake and disingenuous he really is.
Exactly. Then he tries to act so nonchalant in his press conference. That guy can smile, run his mouth and say absolutely nothing as well as any politician I've ever seen.

Reactions: rogue cock
Th
Truth is that Clemmers and Dahbo have been preaching religion, family and values since Dahbo has been there. They have unequivocally suppressed failed drug tests and arrests from the media under this regime, all the while continuing to preach their holier than thou propaganda. Funny how it comes back to smite them in their hour of glory. Hood and many of those Clem supporters are flat out hypocrites, and I do believe I am not even remotely close to approaching exaggeration, that group will say or do anything to protect the false facade created by Dahbo.
There has been a drug issue on the Clem FB team for years under Dahbo's watch, the only times the press gets wind of any of it is after multiple failed tests or arrests, and even then not always. Anyone want to speculate on the "personal reasons" DJ Reader had to miss the first 3/4 of this season before being let back on team? Really.

Th

There has been a drug issue on the Clem FB team for years under Dahbo's watch, the only times the press gets wind of any of it is after multiple failed tests or arrests, and even then not always. Anyone want to speculate on the "personal reasons" DJ Reader had to miss the first 3/4 of this season before being let back on team? Really.
It goes on and on, Watkins, Bellamy, Cain etc are just the most reportable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT