ADVERTISEMENT

The test was a Team Administered test, not an NCAA Test

Sorry for writing such an insanely long post on here, but honestly I was having trouble sleeping. I'm a bit frustrated about the way things are going and that the Tiggers are one win away from a national championship. I don't think they will beat Alabama, but with the way this season has gone, I can't help but be a little worried.

If any of you are actually still reading this after that insanely long diatribe, I have a couple of comments about those aforementioned drug policies.

First, despite the ideals that the Tiggers try to promote, our official policy when it comes to marijuana is much stricter than theirs. We might not suspend players for things as often as they do, but that's only because a second failed drug test at USC results in the dismissal of that player. I'd say kicking a player off is much stricter than suspending the player for a few games.

For other drugs other than marijuana, we both dismiss the player after a second failed test, but they suspend the player after a first failed test, and we focus more on treatment. I'm all for holding players accountable, but by focusing on treatment and education after a first offense instead of an immediate suspension, it does keep the issue confidential. If a Clemson player gets suspended it makes it impossible to keep it confidential.

I'm not aware of our official policy when it comes to PED's, but I would guess it would be similar to the NCAA's policy.

In terms of the whole story about the tree Tiggers getting suspended, it's still unclear if the failed drug tests were school administered or NCAA administered.
If the Tiggers followed their stated procedures, then they would have been testing all 115 players on their roster (85 scholarship and 30 walk-ons). Based on the claims that Dabo made to the media, there were a total of 3 guys out of the 115 that failed the test.

Because of the policies, we can deduce that it had to have been marijuana that they tested positive for. Both the school and the NCAA only test for marijuana and PED's before the bowl game, and the PED results take a few weeks to come back.

My guess is that these three guys failed for marijuana for both the Tigger drug test and the NCAA drug test. The only reason that we heard about them failing the test was because the NCAA was going to announce it. If the NCAA hadn't said anything, I wonder what reason Dabo would have give for not allowing those three guys to play?

You forget that neither Dabo, the school nor the NCAA may publicly disclose a failed drug test without harsh penalty and civil liability. A lot of people are mixing up the rumors with what the coach actually said. Only the player himself can publicly disclose that it was a failed drug test. A drug arrest is different as a public record, so privacy laws don't apply.

My question is, if the school screens the whole team and identifies and suspends the positives before the NCAA screens a sample of the team, are the positives then excluded from the NCAA sample? I thought that the team administered test results were reported to the NCAA along with team-prescribed penalties anyway, but privacy might prevent that as well. That is, unless a condition of maintaining eligibility is for the athlete to consent to disclosure to the NCAA.

You forget that neither Dabo, the school nor the NCAA may publicly disclose a failed drug test without harsh penalty and civil liability. A lot of people are mixing up the rumors with what the coach actually said. Only the player himself can publicly disclose that it was a failed drug test. A drug arrest is different as a public record, so privacy laws don't apply.

My question is, if the school screens the whole team and identifies and suspends the positives before the NCAA screens a sample of the team, are the positives then excluded from the NCAA sample? I thought that the team administered test results were reported to the NCAA along with team-prescribed penalties anyway, but privacy might prevent that as well. That is, unless a condition of maintaining eligibility is for the athlete to consent to disclosure to the NCAA.

So you don't know? and have no link to whether the NCAA administered the test in question or if Clemson self tested.

So you don't know? and have no link to whether the NCAA administered the test in question or if Clemson self tested.

The people who really know can't tell us. The way Dabo said that 112 players did the right thing and 3 did the wrong thing makes it sound like a 100% test (if really was a drug test). 100% would be a team test, the NCAA uses a smaller sample.

The people who really know can't tell us. The way Dabo said that 112 players did the right thing and 3 did the wrong thing makes it sound like a 100% test (if really was a drug test). 100% would be a team test, the NCAA uses a smaller sample.
Correct...FERPA and HIPAA are strict regarding disclosure. The thing that made it sound like a NCAA test was the mention of an appeal. NCAA provides for an appeal procedure by the school or the student-athlete. The only way to truly know who conducted the test is the length of the suspension when it is announced. NCAA suspensions tend to be much more stringent.

Correct...FERPA and HIPAA are strict regarding disclosure. The thing that made it sound like a NCAA test was the mention of an appeal. NCAA provides for an appeal procedure by the school or the student-athlete. The only way to truly know who conducted the test is the length of the suspension when it is announced. NCAA suspensions tend to be much more stringent.

Anything about an appeal was pure rumor about another school. All we really know is Clemson sent three guys home and Alabama sent one guy home for unspecified "violations of team rules."

Anything about an appeal was pure rumor about another school. All we really know is Clemson sent three guys home and Alabama sent one guy home for unspecified "violations of team rules."

Indeed. Which is what Podunk Clemson should've done. Instead, in their ever lasting procedure of putting some "wholesome feel good bullshit out there to compound a black eye situation for the cult", they praised dabo for doing the right thing. Lmao. Bama fans are weird and odd. I have a few in my family. But even their homerish eyes knew better than to trumpet Saban from the mountain tops for "doing the right thing". They've been on the big stage before and had to send stupid players home. For Clemson, its the excuses and childish, cultish behavior (online and in reality) that has the world laughing at you hillbillies.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Indeed. Which is what Podunk Clemson should've done. Instead, in their ever lasting procedure of putting some "wholesome feel good bullshit out there to compound a black eye situation for the cult", they praised dabo for doing the right thing. Lmao. Bama fans are weird and odd. I have a few in my family. But even their homerish eyes knew better than to trumpet Saban from the mountain tops for "doing the right thing". They've been on the big stage before and had to send stupid players home. For Clemson, its the excuses and childish, cultish behavior (online and in reality) that has the world laughing at you hillbillies.

Why so angry? Neither situation has anything to do with you.

Link http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1538836&tstart=0

out of all the teams that have played in bowls this year, Clemson is the only team that suspended three for drug use. They have had so many instances with drug use, violence and mysterious leaves of absence by players, that all who are not under the influence of Dabo and the cult can clearly see that without massive cover ups, this program would go down in flames.

Reactions: BigTomE
It looks like Clemson athletes do drugs and just about anything they want and things keep getting covered up if at all possible. Does anybody know of any other program in the ACC the SEC with Clemson's drug problem?

Sorry for writing such an insanely long post on here, but honestly I was having trouble sleeping. I'm a bit frustrated about the way things are going and that the Tiggers are one win away from a national championship. I don't think they will beat Alabama, but with the way this season has gone, I can't help but be a little worried.

If any of you are actually still reading this after that insanely long diatribe, I have a couple of comments about those aforementioned drug policies.

First, despite the ideals that the Tiggers try to promote, our official policy when it comes to marijuana is much stricter than theirs. We might not suspend players for things as often as they do, but that's only because a second failed drug test at USC results in the dismissal of that player. I'd say kicking a player off is much stricter than suspending the player for a few games.

For other drugs other than marijuana, we both dismiss the player after a second failed test, but they suspend the player after a first failed test, and we focus more on treatment. I'm all for holding players accountable, but by focusing on treatment and education after a first offense instead of an immediate suspension, it does keep the issue confidential. If a Clemson player gets suspended it makes it impossible to keep it confidential.

I'm not aware of our official policy when it comes to PED's, but I would guess it would be similar to the NCAA's policy.

In terms of the whole story about the tree Tiggers getting suspended, it's still unclear if the failed drug tests were school administered or NCAA administered.
If the Tiggers followed their stated procedures, then they would have been testing all 115 players on their roster (85 scholarship and 30 walk-ons). Based on the claims that Dabo made to the media, there were a total of 3 guys out of the 115 that failed the test.

Because of the policies, we can deduce that it had to have been marijuana that they tested positive for. Both the school and the NCAA only test for marijuana and PED's before the bowl game, and the PED results take a few weeks to come back.

My guess is that these three guys failed for marijuana for both the Tigger drug test and the NCAA drug test. The only reason that we heard about them failing the test was because the NCAA was going to announce it. If the NCAA hadn't said anything, I wonder what reason Dabo would have give for not allowing those three guys to play?

I'm sure they would have given every Coach's favorite reason that seems to cover a broad range of frowned upon activities....."violation of team rules".

Is that what Dabo said? Well you should have told us all that to begin with. If Datboy said it, then it has to be true.

Was the sarcasm slathered on thick enough?

It looks like Clemson athletes do drugs and just about anything they want and things keep getting covered up if at all possible. Does anybody know of any other program in the ACC the SEC with Clemson's drug problem?

Lol oh now it's a widespread drug problem at CU? You're clueless, dude. Yeah, Dabo must be leading a cult, otherwise how would so many talented young men choose them over the coots. You guys were relevant for about 4-5 years, and now y'all will go back to being bottom feeders. I'd be mad too.

Lol oh now it's a widespread drug problem at CU? You're clueless, dude. Yeah, Dabo must be leading a cult, otherwise how would so many talented young men choose them over the coots. You guys were relevant for about 4-5 years, and now y'all will go back to being bottom feeders. I'd be mad too.
I'm a Gamecock fan forever and would NEVER stoop so low to be a klemptuck fan!

Is Esso a flat out liar or just not as smart as he thinks?

IDK. He was crystal clear about it being a team test. I notice he has been lurking since I called him out but I doubt he will come back and take his medicine.

I really don't care who tested, but the three in question got busted by a Clemson test, not an NCAA test. It will all come out soon enough. I realize that does not fit with the desired narrative and I had assumed it was NCAA testing. It was not. That changes nothing about the stupidity of these three, but it does make one heck of a difference in how it was handled.
Hahahaha
You've got some orange stains around your lips...

funny how Garcia was busted for having hookers, weed and booze the night before a bowl game, yet the coaching staff decided to run him on a treadmill, still start and then only suspend him for spring practice.

Now there's a stretch. He had his girlfriend and two six-packs (along with his roommate and HIS girlfriend in the same room) no weed (NOT EVER Garcia's diversion - it was always beer, vodka or Crown Royal) ... it happened Wednesday night (NOT the night before the game) which was played on a Saturday

"OZ" indeed. You ain't no 'wizard' ... heck, you ain't squat - 'cept a rumor-spreading girly-boy under a hairdryer.

Last edited:
...He had his girlfriend and two six-packs (along with his roommate and HIS girlfriend in the same room)... it happened Wednesday night (NOT the night before the game) which was played on a Saturday

From Saturday Down South: (Garcia was employed at SDS, so I assume it is a credible source)
Multiple sources tell that Garcia – who is known to party like a rock star – was involved in a massive, all-night bender in his hotel room the night before the bowl game. In fact, Garcia’s alleged party became so raucous that the S.C. Highway Patrol – which provided security for the team during its stay in Atlanta – was called to investigate.
Upon entering Garcia’s hotel room, they are said to have discovered the quarterback in a highly-intoxicated state in the company of five different young women – two of whom were completely naked.
We know, we know … more power to him, right? He’s 21 years old, and there’s obviously no law (yet) against enjoying some female companionship.
But what happened after the quarterback was busted?
Rather than let Garcia sleep his big night off, our sources say that the USC coaching staff forced him to run on a treadmill while he was still hungover. There was reportedly even talk of benching him for the bowl game – or at least sitting him out for a series.

Hmm, lets see, no mention of his roommate, but he was "highly intoxicated" from a "massive all night bender...the night before the bowl game...with five women, two of which were completely naked." Hey, that's one heck of a six pack, especially when you have to share it with your open minded "girlfriend." More power to him...I admire him for that.

...no weed (NOT EVER Garcia's diversion...
From SBNation: It had been reported that the South Carolina Gamecocks let go of quarterback Stephen Garcia for testing positive for alcohol and marijuana. That was apparently a violation of the terms of his reinstatement, which coach Steve Spurrier and athletic director Eric Hyman mentioned but didn't address in specifics.

My bad, I meant to say he never smoked weed until after being reinstated from his 5th suspension.

"OZ" indeed. You ain't no 'wizard' ... heck, you ain't squat - 'cept a rumor-spreading girly-boy under a hairdryer.

Actually, I am the great and powerful.

Last edited:
From Saturday Down South: (Garcia was employed at SDS, so I assume it is a credible source)
Multiple sources tell that Garcia – who is known to party like a rock star – was involved in a massive, all-night bender in his hotel room the night before the bowl game. In fact, Garcia’s alleged party became so raucous that the S.C. Highway Patrol – which provided security for the team during its stay in Atlanta – was called to investigate.
Upon entering Garcia’s hotel room, they are said to have discovered the quarterback in a highly-intoxicated state in the company of five different young women – two of whom were completely naked.
We know, we know … more power to him, right? He’s 21 years old, and there’s obviously no law (yet) against enjoying some female companionship.
But what happened after the quarterback was busted?
Rather than let Garcia sleep his big night off, our sources say that the USC coaching staff forced him to run on a treadmill while he was still hungover. There was reportedly even talk of benching him for the bowl game – or at least sitting him out for a series.

Hmm, lets see, no mention of his roommate, but he was "highly intoxicated" from a "massive all night bender...the night before the bowl game...with five women, two of which were completely naked." Hey, that's one heck of a six pack, especially when you have to share it with your open minded "girlfriend." More power to him...I admire him for that.

From SBNation: It had been reported that the South Carolina Gamecocks let go of quarterback Stephen Garcia for testing positive for alcohol and marijuana. That was apparently a violation of the terms of his reinstatement, which coach Steve Spurrier and athletic director Eric Hyman mentioned but didn't address in specifics.

My bad, I meant to say he never smoked weed until after being reinstated from his 5th suspension.

Actually, I am the great and powerful.

Quotes from Fits News? Hilarious!!! They are ALWAYS 100% accurate. You accidently revealed your intelligence, lol.

NCAA randomly test prior to bowl game and championship events. I really have to wonder why these Clemson homers come over here and try to spread Dabo's lies. What purpose did it serve? The answers are clear and nothing to defend. Test are random, so no real proof that 112 did the right thing. Truth is likely that a percentage of the remaining 112 got lucky.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/qa-drug-testing-ncaa-medical-chief

http://espn.go.com/gen/s/2000/1207/929862.html
Probably tested about 25% of the travel squad...a lot less than 112. That would be about 15-20 players tested.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
NCAA randomly test prior to bowl game and championship events. I really have to wonder why these Clemson homers come over here and try to spread Dabo's lies. What purpose did it serve? The answers are clear and nothing to defend. Test are random, so no real proof that 112 did the right thing. Truth is likely that a percentage of the remaining 112 got lucky.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/qa-drug-testing-ncaa-medical-chief

http://espn.go.com/gen/s/2000/1207/929862.html

1st -Yo, it was getting old continuing to respond to the same stuff. The fact that the NCAA could have tested and selected these three guys as part of the 25 % , and that those tests resulted in the action that Dabo took is not anywhere linked in this thread.

2nd- Also nothing in this thread says anything that rules out Clemson testinbg the team on the return from Christmas break.

3rd - as I have said several times in this thread, I do not care who administered the test, all Dabo had to do was say, we appeal. If he wanted the guys to play.

1st -Yo, it was getting old continuing to respond to the same stuff. The fact that the NCAA could have tested and selected these three guys as part of the 25 % , and that those tests resulted in the action that Dabo took is not anywhere linked in this thread.

2nd- Also nothing in this thread says anything that rules out Clemson testinbg the team on the return from Christmas break.

3rd - as I have said several times in this thread, I do not care who administered the test, all Dabo had to do was say, we appeal. If he wanted the guys to play.
Read the rules. An appeal does not stop the suspension, the player remains suspended unless the appeal is in his favor.

You just can't get right ITT. There are no links to support your claims. None. Zero. But there is an ESPN article ITT that links testing to the NCAA.

You just can't get right ITT. There are no links to support your claims. None. Zero. But there is an ESPN article ITT that links testing to the NCAA.

What part of , it is impossible for the ESPN Blogger to know, it is illegal. He can't know.

Where is your proof? Surprised no one has asked for your "link".

I don't have any, if you read the entire thread, (I wouldn't again) , I have said I don't even know. I have looked for definitive information either way. That is where a "GameCock" on this site and "Clemson Guy" on that site pointed out the legal aspect. I also said , I didnt care who did the testing, Dabo handled it right. He could have simply said "we appeal" if it was an NCAA issue. So either way, he did the right thing.

This one is simple, if Deon Cain is suspended for the entire year, it was an NCAA test. If not, it was administered by the school and he would be suspended per school policy.

Regardless, he is not playing Monday.

This one is simple, if Deon Cain is suspended for the entire year, it was an NCAA test. If not, it was administered by the school and he would be suspended per school policy.

Regardless, he is not playing Monday.
Wrong. The suspension would be 6 months. NCAA changed that rule. Assuming it was weed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT