ADVERTISEMENT

"they were not that much better than us"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't belong on the same field.
Obviously, Clemson was WAY ahead of us (we were WAY ahead of them before Spurrier quit working, etc.), and we're in the process of closing the gap that was created then! Also, it doesn't take much to get them riled up with bulletin board material - it's perfectly ok for THEM to belittle us & make fun but NEVER say anything derogatory about them - but there's also nothing wrong with Jake Bentley trying to build some confidence in his teammates. He was asked the question and, to me, that's what he's doing - why think less of yourself and build up your rival? Hopefully, we ARE closing the gap and can compete better this year & move on up for the future, but I like Jake's positive attitude and hope it passes through our team ( and fans)!!

maybe last year wasnt SC's, but with this type attitude, They will get better, need many more like this..
giphy.gif

I think it's great if he comes out and says something like, "We're going to close the gap with those guys. We won't get beat like that again." To say they're just as good when they're a 6-7 team that got blown out 56-7 by a 14-1 National Championship team just hurts the Gamecocks because it gives the players a false sense of how much they actually need to improve to beat them.

I think it's great if he comes out and says something like, "We're going to close the gap with those guys. We won't get beat like that again." To say they're just as good when they're a 6-7 team that got blown out 56-7 by a 14-1 National Championship team just hurts the Gamecocks because it gives the players a false sense of how much they actually need to improve to beat them.
WRONG.... I am Glad Clowney, Swearinger,Shaw, etc etc didnt feel like you do
Tell Tom Brady that..
giphy.gif

Reactions: garnet & black
I almost had a knee jerk reaction before watching the video. But after watching it , it wasnt that bad. Look for tater tots to hyperventilate over it.

Game was against Michigan 4 years ago, doubt the Taters care too much about it, not really sure how it's relevant. I like Jake's confidence though, I hope we can protect him to make it to game 12 next year. Payback in Willy B.

Reactions: Brace1
Give the young man a break...he is free to say whatever he likes...who cares how the bleeping taters feel about it..Heck they claimed they were better than us when we were smacking them by double digits 5 seasons in a row...

Jake is a very proud competitor...He and others in the program are working hard to get our program where it needs to go

Give the young man a break...he is free to say whatever he likes...who cares how the bleeping taters feel about it..Heck they claimed they were better than us when we were smacking them by double digits 5 seasons in a row...

Jake is a very proud competitor...He and others in the program are working hard to get our program where it needs to go

Now if we can get us a Swearinger attitude on d we will be ready

There's a difference between optimism with a positive uplifting attitude and delusion. It would be one thing to pledge to never get outworked and beat like that again. But to say the two teams are close, and that everyone knows it falls into the delusional category.

Confidence is good. But I'll chalk this up to inexperience in front of the camera.

There's a difference between optimism with a positive uplifting attitude and delusion. It would be one thing to pledge to never get outworked and beat like that again. But to say the two teams are close, and that everyone knows it falls into the delusional category.

Confidence is good. But I'll chalk this up to inexperience in front of the camera.

Yeah that would be like saying Florida state is close to Louisville after Louisville beat da hell out of them.

Reactions: cockofdawn

+1

Reactions: garnet & black
In 1975, South Carolina beat Clemson 56-20. No freshman on that SCar team would beat Clemson again.

1966 Notre Dame Humiliated Southern Cal with a 51-0 shutout. SoCal won the next year and they tied the next two years.

In 1968, Ohio State beat Michigan 50-14. Michigan won the next year and two out of three following that stomp-down.

1997, Florida beat FSU 52-20. FSU won 3 out of the next 4.

2008 Okie beat Nebraska 62-28. Nebraska won the next year.

2012 Oklahoma beat Texas 63-21. Texas won the next year and two out of three following that stomp-down.

Of course, I still feel like:
5fb09e88086aced38b25a1ddf8866cd1.jpg

Reactions: Coppertopp
In 1975, South Carolina beat Clemson 56-20. No freshman on that SCar team would beat Clemson again.

1966 Notre Dame Humiliated Southern Cal with a 51-0 shutout. SoCal won the next year and they tied the next two years.

In 1968, Ohio State beat Michigan 50-14. Michigan won the next year and two out of three following that stomp-down.

1997, Florida beat FSU 52-20. FSU won 3 out of the next 4.

2008 Okie beat Nebraska 62-28. Nebraska won the next year.

2012 Oklahoma beat Texas 63-21. Texas won the next year and two out of three following that stomp-down.

Of course, I still feel like:

Yeah, but in 2003, Clemson beat us 63-17 and it took 3 years to beat them. Realistically, we're 1-2 years away.

Of course, our attitude needs to be:

7HvvvmP.jpg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
WRONG.... I am Glad Clowney, Swearinger,Shaw, etc etc didnt feel like you do
Tell Tom Brady that..
giphy.gif

Is everything posted in here troll bait? My God yall take things so personal or want to argue about anything.

To say we were anywhere close to Clemson is absurd. They could've scored 100 on us that day

Reactions: Jpcooper
Is everything posted in here troll bait? My God yall take things so personal or want to argue about anything.

To say we were anywhere close to Clemson is absurd. They could've scored 100 on us that day
WTH?? noone said Carolina could have beaten Clempson, that day, We are saying we love his bravado!!

Here is what I don't get...why are Clemson fans so concerned with Bentley? I'm pretty sure they have bigger issues replacing Watson. And WCCP has step to new lows, dogging an 18 year old on the radio. Karma is a bitch...
And I like what Bentley said, need a leader right now. Anything to piss off the other fan base.

Reactions: rogue cock
It was okay to think it and okay to share it with teammates but not okay to say it on camera and give that defense extra motivation to seek him out. Might as well trade in his number for a bull's-eye.

Reactions: griffgolf
As a Clemson fan, I don’t have a problem with this at all. What do you expect him to say?

That game was a perfect storm for Clemson. I don’t think that the score was indicative of the talent gap. It was just that the USC weakness (OL play) was on FULL display vs. Clemson’s strength (DL play). By the end of the 1st quarter, Clemson had 21 pts and USC had 7 yards of offense and a gassed defense. That’s not going to end well.

There obviously is a talent gap here as Bentley’s father points out. But as the posters above me have stated, you want a guy that thinks he can win no matter what playing for you. That’s how upsets happen. A person who thinks they are going to lose before the game even starts is well on his way to doing that very thing.

Anything that pisses off Clemson is fine by me.

Take a peek over on taternet I think it just entertained them as opposed to pissed them off. Who I'm worrying about it pissing off is their D-Line which is supposed to be better than last years. Hope our o-line is better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT