ADVERTISEMENT

Think the good guys could take this board back over the way that it use to be?

PULL4USC

Dec 4, 2017
I use to read this board daily with a morning cup of coffee. it use to be something my dear departed father and i would discuss weekly. we all gave schollies to the U. and traveled regularly throughout the SEC. it was lots of fun for many yrs. we love our gamecocks, and put our money where our mouth was. even owned a condo at the gates for 3 yrs until an ugly divorce. but hanging onto a little of the past would be nice. whats really sad for me is that this board in particular has become a punching platform directed at the things i love about our university. i do understand human behavior for the most part. have worked in behavioral medicine for many yrs. and i can say without hesitation that several of the posters here could really use some good anti-dep. i even read one post by someone well known here actually wrote that complaining is therapeutic. really couldnt believe i read it right. complaining begets more complaining and disappointment and leads to a negative self image and a poor general attitude about life. this is a wonderful time of yr. a time for gratitude and love and sharing with family. this is just sports. thats all. it doesnt define us as human beings. alot of schools would love to be where we are now. baseball power. basketball, final 4 and girls national champs. we are ranked somewhere around the teens or high 20's with recruiting. nc state, gt. and many other proud deserving programs are in the 40's and 50's in recruiting. the joy of our football experience extends far past wins and losses. its a great place to tail- gate, and share with friends and family you have missed over the previous dull summer. i love my U. and it really is disheartening to watch "so called fans" tear her down. it also pisses me off but butting heads with the idiots here seems like such a waste of good time and energy. just trying to appeal to the sensibilities of wiser and well adjusted humans. go cocks. and merry christmas to each of you. even you poor dejected souls.

i
One would be remiss in not mentioning the obsession with all things Clemson. On any given day there are probably as many threads concerning Clemson as there are for us. Really becomes boring after a while.
agree my friend. its very difficult to see all that one has to be grateful for, when one is always looking in anothers back yard with envy.

I use to read this board daily with a morning cup of coffee. it use to be something my dear departed father and i would discuss weekly. we all gave schollies to the U. and traveled regularly throughout the SEC. it was lots of fun for many yrs. we love our gamecocks, and put our money where our mouth was. even owned a condo at the gates for 3 yrs until an ugly divorce. but hanging onto a little of the past would be nice. whats really sad for me is that this board in particular has become a punching platform directed at the things i love about our university. i do understand human behavior for the most part. have worked in behavioral medicine for many yrs. and i can say without hesitation that several of the posters here could really use some good anti-dep. i even read one post by someone well known here actually wrote that complaining is therapeutic. really couldnt believe i read it right. complaining begets more complaining and disappointment and leads to a negative self image and a poor general attitude about life. this is a wonderful time of yr. a time for gratitude and love and sharing with family. this is just sports. thats all. it doesnt define us as human beings. alot of schools would love to be where we are now. baseball power. basketball, final 4 and girls national champs. we are ranked somewhere around the teens or high 20's with recruiting. nc state, gt. and many other proud deserving programs are in the 40's and 50's in recruiting. the joy of our football experience extends far past wins and losses. its a great place to tail- gate, and share with friends and family you have missed over the previous dull summer. i love my U. and it really is disheartening to watch "so called fans" tear her down. it also pisses me off but butting heads with the idiots here seems like such a waste of good time and energy. just trying to appeal to the sensibilities of wiser and well adjusted humans. go cocks. and merry christmas to each of you. even you poor dejected souls.

Social club....old Carolina....same as the new Carolina. Just be happy with the continued drubbings.

Reactions: Pole

Great post. I use to love the old board. It was fun because when posters got into it about something it was the exception rather than the rule.

Reactions: pisgah and PULL4USC
It used to be that way because people did not have smartphones. You actually had to pay for internet service which means you needed an income, had to have a computer, if you logged into a forum it was because you were a true fan. Now any idiot with a smartphone can jump on at any time, create another troll thread to stir the pot, make disgusting cuss laden posts, make comments that are purely made up lies and post them as facts, and allows the fair-weather fans to post there opinions at a whim.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will see a semi-sane board like we used to experience. I had stepped away from forums for several years and couldn't believe how drastically they had changed.

I think the only way to escape a certain level of nonsense is to go back to a pay-for site. At least most trolls and Smartphone Mavericks won't pay to discuss the team you so dearly love and would be more of a true fan membership!

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah and ClemDent
Wow! You divorced your wife but you continue with this? She must have been really BAD.
well, i dont have to sleep with some of these idiots. and there are a few good posters left here. but you have a point. maybe it would be in my best interest just to move along. was just trying to reach back to the way things were around here in the past. moot point i suppose. pretty soon i will have the ignore button overloaded. he he he. but to the rest of you guys who still love our U. and what she stands for. it has been fun sharing with you. it is nice to know there is still some sanity around here. God bless.

Reactions: pisgah and Scuba_do
Threads like this are as dumb as Clemson threads.

No, your commentary is what makes these threads dumb. We need to convince ourselves that we're a great team and university, And the greatness will come. the power of positive thinking is real, if not quantifiable. if we believe we suck, then we will never become great.

Reactions: pisgah
Oh, how I wish. It was primarily surpporters and not loaded with those who try to find anything and everything they can use to knock the program.

Oh, how I wish. It was primarily surpporters and not loaded with those who try to find anything and everything they can use to knock the program.
i posted a reply to another positive member and asked out of all of the really negative posters who would be willing to step from behind the keyboard and show their ugly mugs to the rest of us. no responses on that thread for sure. i would be horribly ashamed to let anyone know who i really was if i were one of those who actually appear to enjoy causing dissension and discord here. most cowards do hide. they talk alot but usually will NEVER back it up with anything worth saying.

There are many things i wish would return to a better time in the past,but to be honest,a sports board isnt even the top 10. Much more important things have turned to crap that were once not crappy

Agree with you 100%. I too have given a scholarship for over 30 years and love the University. Truly a great southern university run by very outstanding people. It really galls me when others spew negative remarks about the university no matter how good we do. I would venture that most of this crowd contribute nothing to Carolina but a negative opinion and probably never set foot on the campus other than to attend a rock concert.

Class of 1995 here, season tickets holder for 30 plus years (i was at Navy), hope i can earn my Gamecock merit badge. I expect better than the crap we have put up with.

Class of 1995 here, season tickets holder for 30 plus years (i was at Navy), hope i can earn my Gamecock merit badge. I expect better than the crap we have put up with.
join tigernet. they're on a roll. Dont REALLY think you'd be missed all that much around here anyway. They do have masters programs in the moutain lakes region of the state.

join tigernet. they're on a roll. Dont REALLY think you'd be missed all that much around here anyway. They do have masters programs in the moutain lakes region of the state.

Put me on ignore dickmo. I don’t care.

Agree with you 100%. I too have given a scholarship for over 30 years and love the University. Truly a great southern university run by very outstanding people. It really galls me when others spew negative remarks about the university no matter how good we do. I would venture that most of this crowd contribute nothing to Carolina but a negative opinion and probably never set foot on the campus other than to attend a rock concert.
what makes no sense to me is that some of you positive posters or negative posters. Get all bent outta shape at some Ga. Clempson, unc fan etc... for talking trash here. i kinda think thats to be expected from ass clowns. but when your a supposed gamecock eating your own is totally uacceptable. just clicked the ignore on a 2nd gamecock "fan". better to ignore than get in the mud hole with a diaper wearing zit faced nobody. man i hate being mean. takes soooo much energy!

I was on the plane flying to Baltimore for the Navy game. Bob Fulton and Tommy Suggs were flying on that plane. There was much excitement on the way up. Needless to say- you coulda dropped a pin and heard it on the way back!

I was on the plane flying to Baltimore for the Navy game. Bob Fulton and Tommy Suggs were flying on that plane. There was much excitement on the way up. Needless to say- you coulda dropped a pin and heard it on the way back!

Awful. Had been to Notre dame and ncsu (remember Kent hagood’s injury).

I am really surprised someone hasnt pointed out how today they played the Bham bowl and yall werent there. Instead, you'll be playing on New Years Day, in sunny Florida. Thats a serious upgrade. I'm pretty sure the players are happy.

I am really surprised someone hasnt pointed out how today they played the Bham bowl and yall werent there. Instead, you'll be playing on New Years Day, in sunny Florida. Thats a serious upgrade. I'm pretty sure the players are happy.
Can' make some folks happy no matter how much good fortune the good Lord drops in our laps. As for me. I made that trip twice. And had the time of my life. I know more good things are coming our way in the very near future.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1

I appreciate your sentiment. Would it be so bad, though, if you just logged off this forum and did something else with your time? Like someone stated earlier, it will never be the same as you remember because of the very nature of today's interwebs. This is a free message board and will continue to be polluted with fans of other teams that (pathetically) gain pleasure making asses of themselves. This website is driven by paying customers and advertisers, thus the moderation of this particular board will remain at a minimum.

I appreciate your sentiment. Would it be so bad, though, if you just logged off this forum and did something else with your time? Like someone stated earlier, it will never be the same as you remember because of the very nature of today's interwebs. This is a free message board and will continue to be polluted with fans of other teams that (pathetically) gain pleasure making asses of themselves. This website is driven by paying customers and advertisers, thus the moderation of this particular board will remain at a minimum.
Maybe your right. Maybe the world has just slid into a dark place that it just cant recover from. I didnt post on this forum all those yrs ago. Just read. Shared thoughts with dad and friends etc.... my reference isnt fans from other sites. its the "fans" who call themselves gamecocks here that attack relentlessly everything gamecock. Maybe i should log off. i know that it would not be the end of my life. Its just now that i have more time on my hands around the house it gives me joy sharing some insights and thoughts with some of the guys here. some of the names are still familiar to me from way back. many are gone. many have left this earth. make no mistake. not trying to be the fgf police. i just know there are still a lot of really good men who post here that care for this university as i do. but again. maybe your right. just give it up and move on....hum?

Maybe your right. Maybe the world has just slid into a dark place that it just cant recover from. I didnt post on this forum all those yrs ago. Just read. Shared thoughts with dad and friends etc.... my reference isnt fans from other sites. its the "fans" who call themselves gamecocks here that attack relentlessly everything gamecock. Maybe i should log off. i know that it would not be the end of my life. Its just now that i have more time on my hands around the house it gives me joy sharing some insights and thoughts with some of the guys here. some of the names are still familiar to me from way back. many are gone. many have left this earth. make no mistake. not trying to be the fgf police. i just know there are still a lot of really good men who post here that care for this university as i do. but again. maybe your right. just give it up and move on....hum?

Don't look at it as giving up, just moving on. Reach out to the the ones here that share your opinions, hook up with them personally via email, Facebook etc and enjoy good conversations with your friends. This place is a bit of a cesspool now that I occasionally dip my toe in, LOL.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, have a good one.

I still remember fondly the days we were smoking Clemson in football, sending them home in baseball while we went on to win back to back CWS. We will get back to those days again hopefully. Happy days will be here again!

hmmmmm, I was in total agreement until your idiot comment. Thought you were staying positive....js

One would be remiss in not mentioning the obsession with all things Clemson. On any given day there are probably as many threads concerning Clemson as there are for us. Really becomes boring after a while.
Agree, but honestly it goes both ways. The majority of Clemson fans prefer to talk crap to and about Carolina instead of talking about their own success and achievements. I am honestly convinced that the majority of Clemson AND Carolina fans hate each other MORE than they actually love their own programs.

Pull4USC,
I unfortunately think it's a sign of the direction our world is heading. The baby boomers developed the internet and created social apps like MySpace and FB as a means to connect with old friends. Unfortunately we forgot to keep our accts private like our email, forgot to teach our children how to respect adults and authority, allowed the Millennials to invade a space that was created with good intentions because it was cheaper than buying a set of encyclopedias, better than tv and we provided the tools (phones) for the purpose of safety but it fuelled public interaction as entertainment based on anonymity.

So combine anonymous persons with little respect for others provided with a free interaction service and you find reactions to comments usually filled with acronyms like GFY, STFU, WTF, GTH, etc., etc.

Previously, whether in agreement or not, you could normally expect a well thought out reply even if it was in opposition! Now it seems you have to expect acronyms of negative nature and hope for someone to salvage the thread with a reasonable reply.

Therefore the very same fan forum boards we used to enjoy are quickly being invaded by the same Y2K's and Millennials that we raised. The exact same group that is losing the art of conversation and replacing it with less than respectful acronyms. The same group that are not renewing cable contracts or may not own a TV except for the one connected to Netflix because social media is their form of entertainment.

So now they don't watch entire games, if at all! They don't have factual conversations about the school and sport we love!! And now their "education" about the school comes from the regurgitation of social media which is often filled with many untruths and rants designed to twist the rivals where anything goes!

Flame on all you want but there are a lot of truths to the above! Only problem is there are some in the 30-40s that are getting caught up in the same cycle!! Grown men with fake names wishing ill fate on recruits who chose another school!

Unfortunately, the free board has evolved and many old-time users who enjoyed the witty banter, educated responses, the little recruiting nuggets with factual insight and fandom of the highest regard where you could dispute opinion without being called a tater or leghumper!!

That my friend! That, we hold so high with fond memories! That has gone with the same decade that took our ex-wifes to a place which shall never return in the free world!!!

hmmmmm, I was in total agreement until your idiot comment. Thought you were staying positive....js
i wouldnt call anyone out directly on this board. Never have. But if i slipped and let me anger get in the way i apologize. i certainly respect many of the men on this board. And being ex military as well, there are men here i would love to put on the pad at 5am for some good ole p.t. might clear out their cob webs. again. sorry it i offended in any manner. Merry Christmas SGT.

what makes no sense to me is that some of you positive posters or negative posters. Get all bent outta shape at some Ga. Clempson, unc fan etc... for talking trash here. i kinda think thats to be expected from ass clowns. but when your a supposed gamecock eating your own is totally uacceptable. just clicked the ignore on a 2nd gamecock "fan". better to ignore than get in the mud hole with a diaper wearing zit faced nobody. man i hate being mean. takes soooo much energy!
and again. diaper wearing zit faced nobody is not what i should be going for here. Man, i am slipping. Must be the lack of testosterone, i think i am getting the grumpy old man disease!!! Sorry about those nasty comments. i retract. And Merry Merry Christmas to each and EVERYONE of you. Go Cocks!!!

Agree, but honestly it goes both ways. The majority of Clemson fans prefer to talk crap to and about Carolina instead of talking about their own success and achievements. I am honestly convinced that the majority of Clemson AND Carolina fans hate each other MORE than they actually love their own programs.

I'm not in a position to verify if "the majority" of Clemson fans talk trash, although we all know many do, but the crux of my post is that anyone on this board can keep up with news of Clemson and never have to leave this site.
I would venture to guess that as of this morning there are as many posts in relation to Clemson than to our upcoming bowl game. Think about that.
I get the gist of your post and your point is valid, but since this a SC board I would prefer more posts about us than anyone else.

Reactions: PULL4USC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT