ADVERTISEMENT

Think the good guys could take this board back over the way that it use to be?

Pull4USC,
I unfortunately think it's a sign of the direction our world is heading. The baby boomers developed the internet and created social apps like MySpace and FB as a means to connect with old friends. Unfortunately we forgot to keep our accts private like our email, forgot to teach our children how to respect adults and authority, allowed the Millennials to invade a space that was created with good intentions because it was cheaper than buying a set of encyclopedias, better than tv and we provided the tools (phones) for the purpose of safety but it fuelled public interaction as entertainment based on anonymity.

So combine anonymous persons with little respect for others provided with a free interaction service and you find reactions to comments usually filled with acronyms like GFY, STFU, WTF, GTH, etc., etc.

Previously, whether in agreement or not, you could normally expect a well thought out reply even if it was in opposition! Now it seems you have to expect acronyms of negative nature and hope for someone to salvage the thread with a reasonable reply.

Therefore the very same fan forum boards we used to enjoy are quickly being invaded by the same Y2K's and Millennials that we raised. The exact same group that is losing the art of conversation and replacing it with less than respectful acronyms. The same group that are not renewing cable contracts or may not own a TV except for the one connected to Netflix because social media is their form of entertainment.

So now they don't watch entire games, if at all! They don't have factual conversations about the school and sport we love!! And now their "education" about the school comes from the regurgitation of social media which is often filled with many untruths and rants designed to twist the rivals where anything goes!

Flame on all you want but there are a lot of truths to the above! Only problem is there are some in the 30-40s that are getting caught up in the same cycle!! Grown men with fake names wishing ill fate on recruits who chose another school!

Unfortunately, the free board has evolved and many old-time users who enjoyed the witty banter, educated responses, the little recruiting nuggets with factual insight and fandom of the highest regard where you could dispute opinion without being called a tater or leghumper!!

That my friend! That, we hold so high with fond memories! That has gone with the same decade that took our ex-wifes to a place which shall never return in the free world!!!
Triton, your a good man. I wish you safe travels and a Blessed and Merry Christmas with your family. And you and your Dad be careful on that ice!!!! Still makes me nervous thinking about full sized vehicles sittin on frozen water :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT