ADVERTISEMENT

This is the fault of morons Goodell, Silver, Emmert, etc. We watch sports to get away from politics, not to be further immersed in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ironic how all the people in here whining about these athletes boycotting NBA games in protest are the same people who said in other threads for weeks they would never watch the NBA again because those “uppity black folk dared rub our noses in the racist history of America”! I mean 1- what is wrong with you people that you get so offended by a group of minorities asking not to be shot and killed in the streets by police officers who are supposed to protect us and 2- why do ya’ll care so much about the NBA all of a sudden? Ulterior motives and unrealized personal biases abound in this thread.
So if you have a knife and are fighting with the police and they shoot you, everyone should quit their jobs in protest against the police doing their jobs and shooting you?

Reactions: FORKCOCK
You are missing the point. They HAVE kept these things separate. For decades... to keep the largely white audiences feeling comfortable, there could be no protesting or political statements made during games.. No wearing of symbols that reminded people of the racism and hate that the players and their families experienced outside of the fields and courts they entertained us on. Black athletes have been expected to basically put on a smile, ignore atrocities and act white for generations. That is what these protests are about. Making people like you who want to escape from these realities and ignore them wake up and take notice. Whether you people tune in or intentionally avoid watching sports because of the protests (or in the current case canNOT watch basketball because of them), the protests worked. They got your attention and got you talking about it. Congratulations on joining the fight- you are a real beacon of hope in the Black Lives Matter social movement! Inspiring stuff...
Total garbage. Black lives matter is a self described marxist movement that operates as a mob They burn, loot. and destroy business without regard to justice for anyone. Furthermore., they make no effort to use their large finacial backing to improve conditions in minority neighborhoods. and fund educational and job training programs for Black citizens

It's the nickname of a man who's never been to jail. Do you think as lowly of Kip Bouknight, Scott Barber, and Peter Bauer because they were nicknamed the "Killer B's?"
Let me know when Kip Bauknight sings a song that starts with "fu@k the law, they can eat my di@k, that's word to pimp

Reactions: king ward
Sports was never meant to be anything but sports. Perhaps people found it as an escape, but that’s in the eye of the beholder. If you can’t root for on the field performance because the athletes also have political opinions, then so be it. But you can’t make up things and then say that whatever you made up was destroyed and it’s someone else’s fault.
Sports has been political as long as I can remember starting with the 1968 Olympics with Tommy Smith and John Carlos being stripped of their medals for raising their fists. It's the new norm and either you will except it or move on...

Reactions: Gamekem
Sports has been political as long as I can remember starting with the 1968 Olympics with Tommy Smith and John Carlos being stripped of their medals for raising their fists. It's the new norm and either you will except it or move on...
Let's start with the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, and how the Nazi party wanted use the games as an opportunity to promote his government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT