ADVERTISEMENT

Those who know me know that I’m no sunshine pumper, but...

🤣🤣🤣
Three straight division titles in as many years as HC and HE'S not proven enough!?

Lol. Remind me again what Shane Beamer has accomplished as HC? 🤔🤭
Apparently not as he was never offered the job. This is about Napier not Beamer.

Reactions: shagginrooster
Because there aren't but a handful of AD's in the country that could be "successful" under your judgement. So I think your opinion on Tanner is marlakey.

So, by your standards, and with no malarkey, Tanner is a successful AD. Can you tell us why you think so?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Here's the deal..
Either stop tearing them down at every opportunity or find another team to pull for. If it's that bad, why would you stick around?

I believe that Legendary is a die hard Gamecock. You cannot switch sides just like that. We attended USC and grew loyal toward the Institution. This is not about tearing them down. Because you care too much you cannot see it erode before your eyes.

It is about calling out incompetence. Example. Look at what happened with the Muschamp hire? Who hires a coach that failed at a better resourced school? Ray got checkmated by Sexton. Look at the buyout Muschamp was given? I don't think the Beamer hire is going well too. For those who say the Beamer hire is just fine, I hope there are good reasons to say so.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Here's the deal..
Either stop tearing them down at every opportunity or find another team to pull for. If it's that bad, why would you stick around?
You've already had this tired argument with the other guy.

The reason we're not happy is that we're tired of seeing one terrible decision after another from the PTB. And we're simply pointing that out. Maybe we wouldn't need to if so many in our fanbase would stop trying to shout down the rest of us for seeing what is so plainly obvious.

We're holding out in hopes of better days. Until then, like the old saying goes, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Sorry but it's hard to get excited about any Tanner hand picked hire. I'll support them but I have every right to have my doubts after the last disaster. I'm ready to be proven wrong.
I respect opinions people give when they hope they are wrong.

I predict that public health officials will not give the "all clear" and the pandemic is over until the Spring of 2022. I hope I'm wrong.

A lot of the people who don’t like it have no way to listen to WCCP as we don’t live in the upstate. I personally live outside of Lexington and have lots of friends who live near me and are lifelong Gamecocks that feel the same way.
Not that I would want to, but I can listen to WCCP on-line; that's how I listen to 107.5 The Game when in Atlanta and when in Beaufort.

You've already had this tired argument with the other guy.

The reason we're not happy is that we're tired of seeing one terrible decision after another from the PTB. And we're simply pointing that out. Maybe we wouldn't need to if so many in our fanbase would stop trying to shout down the rest of us for seeing what is so plainly obvious.

We're holding out in hopes of better days. Until then, like the old saying goes, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.
The argument is not tired. You just don't want to hear the truth. You and others would rather bitch and moan and wallow in the complaint pit. It makes no sense to do that day in and day out. If you're so tired of it.....leave.

I believe that Legendary is a die hard Gamecock. You cannot switch sides just like that. We attended USC and grew loyal toward the Institution. This is not about tearing them down. Because you care too much you cannot see it erode before your eyes.

It is about calling out incompetence. Example. Look at what happened with the Muschamp hire? Who hires a coach that failed at a better resourced school? Ray got checkmated by Sexton. Look at the buyout Muschamp was given? I don't think the Beamer hire is going well too. For those who say the Beamer hire is just fine, I hope there are good reasons to say so.
You're just making my point for me. Why would you already be saying the Beamer hire is not going well? Give the guy a chance and stop being so negative all of the time. Are you truly that miserable?

Here's the deal..
It’s like living in a country but not liking what the government is doing. You aren’t going to move are you?

Ummmm....I don't think that is anywhere near an even comparison. 🤔
Ok. Well all I’m saying is USC makes winning harder than it needs to be. We get in our own way it seems like. We have the resources and support to easily be competitive year in and year out and we certainly shouldn’t be having all this turmoil.

The argument is not tired. You just don't want to hear the truth. You and others would rather bitch and moan and wallow in the complaint pit. It makes no sense to do that day in and day out. If you're so tired of it.....leave.
Yes, the argument is tired and old. And no, I think I'll stick around, thank you.

How about this is his dream job and he said he was coming back home?Napier or Chadwell would have used USC as a stepping stone to another job. Not so with Beamer, and he is already bringing back the culture that has been missing for the last 5 years.

• Haha
How about this is his dream job and he said he was coming back home?Napier or Chadwell would have used USC as a stepping stone to another job. Not so with Beamer, and he is already bringing back the culture that has been missing for the last 5 years.

Wingchun, please..................are these reasons (forget good reasons) to hire a coach?

You're just making my point for me. Why would you already be saying the Beamer hire is not going well? Give the guy a chance and stop being so negative all of the time. Are you truly that miserable?

Why do you keep saying people are miserable because they don't share your viewpoint???? You said this to different posters.

Wingchun, please..................are these reasons (forget good reasons) to hire a coach?
I would rather hire someone who wants to be here as opposed to someone who wants to use us as a stepping stone.
apparently on this forum however, no reason is needed to hate the incoming coach before he has even coached his first game here.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I think a lot of it is PTSD from when Muschamp had a chance to start fresh here and what did he do but hire Kurt Roper first. I think most just wanted a complete divorce from Muschamp and let CSB have his own staff that he picked. It’s not CSB you’re seeing frustration at, it’s that could Ray or others be telling him who to hire and basically pick his staff for him?
Doubt it, but I do hate Tanner.

"It's his dream job"....."he wants to be here"..... "he's a nice guy"....."everybody likes him".
I am so sick and tired of hearing this irrelevent bullshit. If these are the qualities you are looking for then hire Franklin Graham. This garbage is no reason to hire a football coach. These attributes, while great personal attributes to have, will not win us one football game nor convince a single blue chip athlete to come here.

If these were the attributes that Alabama and Florida made their hiring decisions on they would have never hired Saban and Meyer, two of the most successful coaches in SEC history.

We need to hire winners, not nice guys who are just glad to be here.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Ok. Well all I’m saying is USC makes winning harder than it needs to be. We get in our own way it seems like. We have the resources and support to easily be competitive year in and year out and we certainly shouldn’t be having all this turmoil.

When do you believe we got all these resources?

I think it's also legitimate concern based on who did the hiring, that person's established ineptitude, as well as, the new coach not having even high level coordinator experience. His moves are definitely going to be judged by all the armchair quarterbacks out there. I doubt anyone out there says a bad word about him personally or wishes for him to fail, but after Muschamp people are understandably skeptical. I would include myself among them.
His moves will be judged by his won/lose record. Just like Mucschamp's was. Your points are all sound. Shane is a very likeable guy. He and his wife love it in Columbia but we will have to wait and see if he is another Sparky Woods/ Brad Scott or the next coming of Nick Saban! I think it was predetermined that Shane was going to be the next coach and the "search" was only window dressing. But I would rather have a coach that wants to be at S.C. than one we had to sell to come here. I'm not sure Napier was a sincere candidate. Interviewing him on ZOOM as final interview pretty well sealed the deal that he was not coming.

Reactions: WingchunCock
"It's his dream job"....."he wants to be here"..... "he's a nice guy"....."everybody likes him".
I am so sick and tired of hearing this irrelevent bullshit. If these are the qualities you are looking for then hire Franklin Graham. This garbage is no reason to hire a football coach. These attributes, while great personal attributes to have, will not win us one football game nor convince a single blue chip athlete to come here.

If these were the attributes that Alabama and Florida made their hiring decisions on they would have never hired Saban and Meyer, two of the most successful coaches in SEC history.

We need to hire winners, not nice guys who are just glad to be here.
Ok. Fine. You hate the hire. Too bad. Get on board or please find another team. If Napier and Chadwell are so great why hasn’t any other power 5 team hired them?

Ok. Fine. You hate the hire. Too bad. Get on board or please find another team. If Napier and Chadwell are so great why hasn’t any other power 5 team hired them?
I never said I liked them either. In fact, I stated numerous times on this forum this whole process was effed up. There were no quality coaches listed as our choices. We made a $15 million timing mistake and now have nothing to show for it except more debts. This administration has displayed nothing but pure incompetence.
BTW, if offers are your criteria as well, why hasn't any other team - not just P5 - but ANY other team ever offered Beamer?

I would rather hire someone who wants to be here as opposed to someone who wants to use us as a stepping stone.
apparently on this forum however, no reason is needed to hate the incoming coach before he has even coached his first game here.

To be fair, the hire would have to improve the program quite a bit to use it as a stepping stone.

Then at least there's the improvement to work with.

You're delusional. First, never heard of WCCP, but I never listen to radio. But you can look in this thread to disprove your theory that only Clemson trolls are mocking Tanner and Beamer. South Carolina paid Muschamp a ton of money while he ran the program into the dirt and then had to pay even more to get rid of him. Then, the athletic director, the same one who hired Muschamp, eschewed all these well-regarded coaches who everyone wanted to instead go after the sixth most important coach on Oklahoma's offensive staff whom no one wanted, and then paid him 12 times what he was making. And what was the reasoning? One was that he sat in the room (though towards the back) with Spurrier, Frank, and Riley so should have learned all their secrets. The other was that it worked for Clemson to hire someone who had never even coordinated before.

Look, I hope Beamer does well. He's never done anything so there's no reason to either believe in him or doubt him, but I hope he succeeds. But do you realize how stupid the comparison to Dabo is? It's the equivalent of me going to Starbucks and hiring a college-dropout barrista to run a Fortune 500 company. Hey, Bill Gates dropped out of college so it will work again. There are 130 FBS programs and 32 NFL teams. Can anyone think of another head coach that was successful without ever being a head coach or coordinator first? I can't.

And many people are expectedly pessimistic since 8 years ago, South Carolina was the top program in the Carolinas, and now is what? Sixth? Seventh?

Very well said.

Who’s to say hiring Napier only to see him take another job in two years wouldn’t be considered incompetent? We would be right back where we started. I see hiring Beamer as a long term hire

I never said I liked them either. In fact, I stated numerous times on this forum this whole process was effed up. There were no quality coaches listed as our choices. We made a $15 million timing mistake and now have nothing to show for it except more debts. This administration has displayed nothing but pure incompetence.
BTW, if offers are your criteria as well, why hasn't any other team - not just P5 - but ANY other team ever offered Beamer?
How do you know they haven’t? Maybe he was waiting for this job. He called USC home, neither Napier or Chadwell or any other “potential” coach did. If Beamer works out we could have a coach that’s here for 20 years or so...I would much prefer that over hiring every 5 years.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
You have no clue about what Beamer might do. No one on here does. You also have no clue what Chadwell, Freeze, or Napier woukd have did. No one thought Dabo would last and then stay. No one thought Venables would still be there either. All speculation on your part based on zero facts.

Bold strategy to hire someone because you don’t think anyone else will want to hire them in 2 years.
No. I am saying I don’t want a coach that will leave at the first opportunity. I want a coach that wants this to be home for a long time. I may be in the minority but when Beamer was listed as a candidate, he’s the one I wanted. The more I learn about him the happier I am with the hire.

I think it's also legitimate concern based on who did the hiring, that person's established ineptitude, as well as, the new coach not having even high level coordinator experience. His moves are definitely going to be judged by all the armchair quarterbacks out there. I doubt anyone out there says a bad word about him personally or wishes for him to fail, but after Muschamp people are understandably skeptical. I would include myself among them.

Skeptical or jaded? 😗

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT