ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson professors planning walkout

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re a good poster. We agree some we disagree some but we always keep it respectful.

My prediction is this will run it’s course in another two years. The Spanish Flu ran it’s course and SARS eventually did too
Thanks Ben...agreed.

To this sub topic, seems like the narrative is indeed shifting that we need to learn to live with this. At least the narrative for now.
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...y-is-unlikely-in-the-u-s-experts-now-believe/

I got an email yesterday evening from Clemson that states a South Carolina Supreme Court Decision yesterday permits higher education institutions to require a universal mask mandate.
It’s a three week period.
So I guess the professors don’t have to walk out now.
Serious question. Do gloves not matter anymore? When all this started people were wearing gloves everywhere but now it’s as if you can touch anything but you must have something on your face.

You're confused because you deliberately refuse to listen to what others tell you over and over since the start of this pandemic. The type of masks normally worn by citizens do NOT make the wearer 100% "safe" - they are used to help the mask wearer minimize spreading the virus to OTHERS. So the professors need the students to wear those masks to keep them - the professors - safer.

The professors could wear N95 masks - which are NOT the type of masks mostly being worn these days by the general public - to help them stay safer, but unless they religiously engage in the other precautions those masks will be wasted. N95 masks are mostly used by trained medical professionals, who use those masks as part of an extensive program that involve MANY other PPE than just the masks. Something that the general public never bothers with.

But you know this. You're like the people that still say, "huh?? smoking cigarettes can cause cancer??"
Thanks for telling me what I'm like. Means a lot coming from someone who doesn't know me in the least. If someone told you continuously over and over that the earth was flat, I guess that's good enough for you. If you have a study saying that masks make children safer in schools please provide me a link to that. Or if you can show me where someone has said that they will specifically prohibit teachers from wearing masks or being vaccinated, or staying 6 feet from others for an extended period of time I would love to see that. You can't because they dont exist. I am vaccinated, not afraid of that, but don't try to IMPOSE your BELIEFS on me. If that's what you want to believe that's fine. If you think that makes you safer that's fine. Until there is proof of a positive effect of masking, then I will continue in my beliefs. Funny that people, after being lied to for a year, continue to believe those folks who have blatently lied to them. And admitted to lying. But you do you, boo.

Last edited:
I got an email yesterday evening from Clemson that states a South Carolina Supreme Court Decision yesterday permits higher education institutions to require a universal mask mandate.
It’s a three week period.
So I guess the professors don’t have to walk out now.
Serious question. Do gloves not matter anymore? When all this started people were wearing gloves everywhere but now it’s as if you can touch anything but you must have something on your face.
They also said to disinfect all your packages and groceries.

And to look into injecting disinfectant into the body. Of course that wasn't "they" that was a single person
“We don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think,” he said. “One last thing that’s really important is, we’re not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the — the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You’re okay. You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”

- POTUS 46
July 21, 2021

And to look into injecting disinfectant into the body. Of course that wasn't "they" that was a single person
Good news is everybody got vaccinated

“We have roughly 350 million people vaccinated in the United States and billions around the world,” Biden confidently stated. “Well over — what’s the number again? I remind myself, 350 million Americans have already been vaccinated,” he repeated.

POTUS 46
August 6, 2021

And just an FYI

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

“The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.”

If I get the vaccine..

1) I can still catch the virus (likely)
2) I can still infect others around me (likely)
3) I can still die from catching it (not likely, but possible)
4) I can develop complications or die from the vaccine (not likely, but possible)

If I don't get the vaccine, only 3 of the 4 apply.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...I am not anti-vax. If you feel like it's best thing for you, get it. You'll never see me shaming anyone for getting the shot, it's a personal choice.

Me, I am in a wait and see mode. Vaccines and other drugs, there's a reason that they take years of clinical studies before they're approved for the market. It's "guilty until proven innocent", which is IMO the way that it should be, it's your life and your body at stake. This is the only drug/vaccine that I know of that it's "innocent until proven guilty". Something about that makes me wary.

If I get the vaccine..

1) I can still catch the virus (likely)
2) I can still infect others around me (likely)
3) I can still die from catching it (not likely, but possible)
4) I can develop complications or die from the vaccine (not likely, but possible)

If I don't get the vaccine, only 3 of the 4 apply.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...I am not anti-vax. If you feel like it's best thing for you, get it. You'll never see me shaming anyone for getting the shot, it's a personal choice.

Me, I am in a wait and see mode. Vaccines and other drugs, there's a reason that they take years of clinical studies before they're approved for the market. It's "guilty until proven innocent", which is IMO the way that it should be, it's your life and your body at stake. This is the only drug/vaccine that I know of that it's "innocent until proven guilty". Something about that makes me wary.
So here’s a question for everyone.

There’s a big class action brewing over Chantix(made by Pfizer)the stop smoking drug. Turns out they didn’t disclose all known side effects. It was FDA approved.

These vaccines (including Pfizer) are not yet FDA approved and furthermore the manufacturers are 100% indemnified by governments around the world.

So let’s say it’s your parent, spouse or child who 2 years from now is developing a deadly condition as a result of the vax. And before you make the argument it’s just a small % who experience side effects so it was with Chantix.

Is everybody just okay with the idea no one will be held accountable?

Does the indemnity concern no one?

I thought we were all in this together.

And just an FYI

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

“The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.”
Reading trouble? I didn't say he said people should inject themselves. I posted he said they should look into it. Fact, he did. Funny you post he was asking officials whether they could be used in cures because trump lied & said he was merely being sarcastic. So which is it?
BTW since you want to use Politifact as your source (fair enough) dig a little deeper into the mountain of lies they say he's told.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Reading trouble? I didn't say he said people should inject themselves. I posted he said they should
Yeah sure, I don’t read so good.

its obvious who you were talking about. The prior comments were about “they” not the “single person”

BTW if we took every dumb thing or lie said by a POTUS since “read my lips”...we’d be here a long time.

My point was in following the science there were some pretty big swings and misses early on.

Like remember that one time in band camp masks didn’t help, the asymptotic isn’t a big deal, we’re going to run out of ventilators, we brought in hospital ships, go out a celebrate in Chinatown.

Im just saying this has been one giant collective pile of flaming excrement and still is. Maybe by next year we get it right more right than wrong.

My God. The ignorance of a large portion of the fans on here is shocking. You anti-vax, anti-mask, pro Maga folks are completely ignorant folks who've been duped into thinking that you're somehow being oppressed. Give me a break. You guys make me embarrassed to be a Gamecock. Take your shot and wear your mask or we really will never get past this. You idiots think some post on Facebook or Instagram or some page on duck duck go make you smarter than the doctors and professionals who have been studying this stuff for years. This ignorant stupidity is what I thought we would have been making fun of the taters for. I've been here since the very beginning under 3 or 4 different usernames and I'm done. Instead of gamecock sports, this page has turned into a political cesspool.

My God. The ignorance of a large portion of the fans on here is shocking. You anti-vax, anti-mask, pro Maga folks are completely ignorant folks who've been duped into thinking that you're somehow being oppressed. Give me a break. You guys make me embarrassed to be a Gamecock. Take your shot and wear your mask or we really will never get past this. You idiots think some post on Facebook or Instagram or some page on duck duck go make you smarter than the doctors and professionals who have been studying this stuff for years. This ignorant stupidity is what I thought we would have been making fun of the taters for. I've been here since the very beginning under 3 or 4 different usernames and I'm done. Instead of gamecock sports, this page has turned into a political cesspool.
You did choose to keep reading. Just saying.

Happy trails though.

Give the government the ability to mandate restricted activity freedoms due to “public health” and it will find ways to use “public health to restrict all freedoms when it wishes to do so.
They already have that right. Employment Division, Department of Human Resources of Oregon v. Smith, 494 U.S. 872

only a special brand of dumbass would go on a political rant and then end it with “this page has turned into a political cesspool.”

Yeah sure, I don’t read so good.

its obvious who you were talking about. The prior comments were about “they” not the “single person”

BTW if we took every dumb thing or lie said by a POTUS since “read my lips”...we’d be here a long time.

My point was in following the science there were some pretty big swings and misses early on.

Like remember that one time in band camp masks didn’t help, the asymptotic isn’t a big deal, we’re going to run out of ventilators, we brought in hospital ships, go out a celebrate in Chinatown.

Im just saying this has been one giant collective pile of flaming excrement and still is. Maybe by next year we get it right more right than wrong.
Yeah, shocker. You act on the best available information you have at the time. That's how medicine has always worked. But you and your Qanon cult keep believing these doctors & scientists from all over the globe are
engaged in some massive conspiracy along with all the dead people this thing has killed. It's all designed to trick you. But you have my full support if you want to ignore the medical world & listen to gibberish even if it kills you. Lots of folks like that are in ICU right now wishing they could get a do over.

You need to read the medical report on masks and their effectiveness and not Facebook propaganda. If a person has a health reason or has had the virus leave them alone about taking the vaccine. Freedom is a good thing.

Thank you for your great insight. If you are embarrassed to be a gamecock, please choose another team. You use words like ignorant, stupid and such to describe others that have an honest difference of opinion. Then with your great intellect, I guess you assume that all of these people are "maga" people, which I guess means republicans, Im really not sure. However, a large percentage of the un-vaxed are african americans and hispanics, who overwhelmingly vote democratic, so I am not sure your point. One thing for sure, I will not going to call you names because you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how idiotic and stupid it was.

You need to read the medical report on masks and their effectiveness and not Facebook propaganda. If a person has a health reason or has had the virus leave them alone about taking the vaccine. Freedom is a good thing.
I wanted to ask their opinion on Hawaii which is highly vaxed and has never lifted the indoor mask mandate, but is getting crushed.

Or about the CDC announcement today that the vax effectiveness is waning and boosters will be needed.

Didn’t seem like the poster felt much like talking though.

So as I asked earlier IF there are bad side effects can I sue you since the manufacturers are indemnified?
You can sue whoever you like. Go for it. Just as the families of the dead who once believed your type of gibberish can sue you. Neither of you will get far.

True. Couldn't remember the first case...but it has always been upheld by the USSC.
Absolutely it has. Not a fan, but it’s the precedent.

So rogue I have a question. Bloomberg reported that Singapore is awarding $166,000 to a 16 year old who went into cardiac arrest after getting his first dose.

My question is with the indemnity how do you see similar situations playing out here? Let’s say we end up with 90% vaxed and say 2.5 million people develop serious side effects. Who gets sued?

This, I can’t wrap my head around.

You can sue whoever you like. Go for it. Just as the families of the dead who once believed your type of gibberish can sue you. Neither of you will get far.
Sue me for what? I am not forcing anything on anyone.

If your child died with a side effect you’re saying you’d just be like oh well, them’s the breaks?

Reactions: chief2791
Yeah, shocker. You act on the best available information you have at the time. That's how medicine has always worked. But you and your Qanon cult keep believing these doctors & scientists from all over the globe are
engaged in some massive conspiracy along with all the dead people this thing has killed. It's all designed to trick you. But you have my full support if you want to ignore the medical world & listen to gibberish even if it kills you. Lots of folks like that are in ICU right now wishing they could get a do over.
Am I supposed to trust Fauci, CDC, WHO, even the AMA who punished doctors who had different opinions on how to treat Covid? Flew in the face of what science is all about. Science, in fact, is the big loser in this whole thing because so many have made wrong statements, so many have been marginalized and cancelled because they have a different opinion. How can anyone have trust in our so called experts?

Reactions: chief2791
So as I asked earlier IF there are bad side effects can I sue you since the manufacturers are indemnified?
None of the individual measles, mumps or rubella vaccines were as rigorously tested as this one. If you are old enough, you were the guinea pigs. The measles vaccine alone was withdrawn and reworked several times. Those manufacturers weren't sued because of the side effects....and if you attended public schools you were required to have those vaccines....no questions asked.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Absolutely it has. Not a fan, but it’s the precedent.

So rogue I have a question. Bloomberg reported that Singapore is awarding $166,000 to a 16 year old who went into cardiac arrest after getting his first dose.

My question is with the indemnity how do you see similar situations playing out here? Let’s say we end up with 90% vaxed and say 2.5 million people develop serious side effects. Who gets sued?

This, I can’t wrap my head around.
Already responded to that. Can't stop anyone from trying to sue....but there would be a lot of hurdles to get there.

So in other words, if I voluntarily take a drug that goes bad, I can sue. If I’m forced to them tough crap?
No. The government has given immunity to the manufacturers, so any suit against them will be DOA. If you want to file a claim against the government, you have to go through the FTCA.

Some of you are infectious disease experts, I am not. I have read many conflicting reports about the efficacy of masks and vaccines. Still, I chose to get vaccinated and wear a mask when required to do so. I received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in March, and have never contracted Covid-19 or the Delta variant to my knowledge.

I have spent the last 25 years on college and university campuses, and my students cannot afford to be sent home again. They do not perform as well in online learning environments as they do in on-campus classrooms.

My son attends a different school and is a college senior. I want him to enjoy all the benefits of campus life: campus ministry, fraternity, hanging out with friends, in-person learning, intramural sports, living on-campus, etc.

If masks and vaccines increase the odds of students remaining on campus for the entire academic year, I am for it. I do not like wearing a masks, but I do not want my students or my son to be sent home again.

Some say wearing a masks sacrifices freedom, yet abiding by mask mandates has allowed to me eat in restaurants, shop in stores, and go to work. Wearing a mask, when required, has allowed me keep doing the things I enjoy.

I do not trust either political party. I am a moderate, democrats and republicans stopped caring about my vote awhile ago. I am tired of the mixed messages about Covid, but I make the best decisions I can with information available.

I'll seat back and wait to be attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT