ADVERTISEMENT

Thought we might want to talk about Aaron Rodgers

Because the CDC thinks a vaccine is a “preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases” I think anyone that has taken a vitamin could declare to be vaccinated.

But as for Rodgers, he simply didn’t answer the reporter’s question, and had the reporter been following the “science” (see above definition) he or she would have easily known that. On the other hand, one could also reasonably conclude Rodgers lied about being immune assuming he didn’t really believe that.

Reactions: nlstanford
You people would grill your kids (who probably wouldn’t really understand the difference) depending on age if you felt they gave a deceptive answer, and yet a grown a$$ man who makes $30 million a year gets a free pass. Hilarious. Then again, we have many people who think our staff is acceptable. My life goal is to one day live in that kind of world…..

You people would grill your kids (who probably wouldn’t really understand the difference) depending on age if you felt they gave a deceptive answer, and yet a grown a$$ man who makes $30 million a year gets a free pass. Hilarious. Then again, we have many people who think our staff is acceptable. My life goal is to one day live in that kind of world…..

A silly reporter asked him. What's next: Are you circumcised?

That grown man ISN'T my child. There's a difference.

Reactions: PaleoCock
What exactly is the issue? That he didn't directly answer the question? That's his right.

I found it interesting at end of the day people who ask questions professionally, did not follow up his answer with another question, but maybe they got distracted.
200.gif

I don't think for a second that the Packers or the players around him were caught by surprise that Rodgers wasn't vaccinated. You don't spend that kind of time around someone without learning their position on these matters.

As for whether he lied to a sports reporter, who cares? He doesn't owe them or the viewers/readers anything. He's not crafting thousand-page pieces of legislation or designing skyscrapers. Nobody is depending on his answer to that reporter's question.

They used to be the same. Then the CDC was forced to change the definition of a vaccine a few months ago to accommodate what was going on with this current one. (little/no protection from infection)
I do believe that’s an inaccurate statement. If it provided little to no protection then why would the majority of seriously I’ll people in ICU on ventilators mostly among the non-vaccinated crowd. As much as 88% last time I checked my local hospital. Nothing is 100% going to guarantee no infection or illness, but if I hit a tree wearing my seatbelt I’m more like to survive if I wasn’t.

Why do reporters and the general public need to know Rodgers vaccination status though?

Again, his employer is a different discussion, but there's no reason he needs to answer this knucklehead question from a reporter.
To be clear, I am not a Rodgers fan in any way shape or form, but it seems to me that he was baited and took the bait. I dont care what his status is and can't imagine why anyone else would care, other than his employer.

But you have no problem with his BS deception
Again...he's not my child. If you can't see the difference in caring about what my child does/says vs some random professional athlete whose words and actions have absolutely no effect on my life, I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe I'm just not looking for a reason to be pissed off at him. But if it makes y'all feel better to be pissed at him, you do you Boo.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I do believe that’s an inaccurate statement. If it provided little to no protection then why would the majority of seriously I’ll people in ICU on ventilators mostly among the non-vaccinated crowd. As much as 88% last time I checked my local hospital. Nothing is 100% going to guarantee no infection or illness, but if I hit a tree wearing my seatbelt I’m more like to survive if I wasn’t.

You're in the Lowcountry, which hospital? I work with MDs and hospital admins throughout the Southeast. My neighbor is a nurse and I have MD friends. Most are beyond frustrated at what is being reported (or not reported.) You have to look to other transparent nations (such as the UK) for any real info. It's sad.

The CDC/NIH and Fauci have changed the definition of a vaccine to accommodate the current.

Also, within the last two weeks, Fauci changed the definition of "gain of function research" on the NIH website to protect himself. (see Congress testimony on Thursday)

Yesterday, the CDC Director was asked point blank what % of the CDC employees are vaccinated. She deflected the question and then the Senator presented a report in which approximately 75% of CDC employees were still working remotely to avoid the mandate. She did not comment one way or the other. These are the forthcoming people we are dealing with.

Last edited:
I got the vax. I also agree with his response.

"I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something," Rodgers said during a lengthy rebuttal to what he suggested was misinformation reported over the past several days. "Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody and for me it involved a lot of study in the offseason."

"First of all, I didn't lie in the initial press conference," Rodgers said Friday. "During that time, it was a witch hunt that was going on across the league, where everybody in the media was so concerned about who was vaccinated and who wasn't and what that meant and who was being selfish and who would talk about it, what it meant if they said it's a personal decision and they shouldn't have to disclose their own medical information.

"And at the time, my plan was to say that I have been immunized. It wasn't some sort of ruse or lie. It was the truth, and I'll get into the whole immunization in a second. But had there been a follow up to my statement that I've been immunized, I would have responded with this: I would have said, 'Look, I'm not some sort of anti-vax, flat-Earther. I am somebody who's a critical thinker.'"

This is getting out of hand.

I think he should have answered, yes- no- or none of your business

He maybe should have, but it shouldn't matter.

If he had been vaxxed and contracted COVID, he would be another person who has received the vaxx who got COVID. Everyone would have moved on.

Instead, hypocritical moralists once again appear to capitalize on the clickbait they created. "He lied!"

We can't let the media and others continue to further divide this country so they can make a buck.

Last edited:
Meh. I think anyone paying attention knew he wasn't vaccinated. It seems like feigned outrage at this point. It's great for clicks - and if you're in the click business, that's what you do.

Ain’t nobody’s business but his own. I despise the media as much as he does, and the lying politicians and their toady doctors who know it all. And I know one thing - he can still play football whether you like him or not.

What exactly is the issue? That he didn't directly answer the question? That's his right. Y'all are assuming that he wasn't vaccinated. How do you really know? I know plenty of people who are vaccinated that don't answer the question when asked. Because it's no one's business but theirs.

And don't come at me with the "if he were vaxxed he wouldn't have caught it". I know of 4 breakthrough cases in my family/friends alone. So just stop right there.
Yes ma’am you are correct. He should have said kiss my ass it is none of your business.

You're in the Lowcountry, which hospital? I work with MDs and hospital admins throughout the Southeast. My neighbor is a nurse and I have MD friends. Most are beyond frustrated at what is being reported (or not reported.) You have to look to other transparent nations (such as the UK) for any real info. It's sad.

The CDC/NIH and Fauci have changed the definition of a vaccine to accommodate the current.

Also, within the last two weeks, Fauci changed the definition of "gain of function research" on the NIH website to protect himself. (see Congress testimony on Thursday)

Yesterday, the CDC Director was asked point blank what % of the CDC employees are vaccinated. She deflected the question and then the Senator presented a report in which approximately 75% of CDC employees were still working remotely to avoid the mandate. She did not comment one way or the other. These are the forthcoming people we are dealing with.
She was dodging the questions like a Gamecock qb dodges untouched pass rushers 1.5 seconds after the snap.

You guys are accusing him of lying by saying he was Immunized as a way to imply he was vaccinated.

But, according to the CDC, this “vaccine” does not confer immunity. So, you incorrectly drew conclusions between what he said and what you thought it meant.

Wait...y'all are all pissed because you're losing money on Green Bay now, aren't you? Your Fantasy Teams are all screwed up too. That's got to be it!
I don’t do the fantasy football stuff, but I’m a Green Bay fan. If they lose Sunday, I’ll be pissed, just like I am when the Gamecocks lose. That aside, I agree with you in that he doesn’t have to be forthcoming to a reporter about his vaccination status. It is a personal decision, either way, and should be treated as such. I’d love to think that any sports reporter could ask a football player a multitude of questions before he or she asked the player a vaccine question.

I don’t do the fantasy football stuff, but I’m a Green Bay fan. If they lose Sunday, I’ll be pissed, just like I am when the Gamecocks lose. That aside, I agree with you in that he doesn’t have to be forthcoming to a reporter about his vaccination status. It is a personal decision, either way, and should be treated as such. I’d love to think that any sports reporter could ask a football player a multitude of questions before he or she asked the player a vaccine question.
I agree on all points.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster

Welcome to 2021. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
I have a feeling Aaron and Jake from State Farm are not going to be hanging out together any longer

Interesting that of all the hand wringing, no one to my knowledge has uttered the words “I’m really just concerned that Aaron would expose himself to the dangers of Covid like that.”

Meanwhile, the NFL and Green Bay Packers would like to apologize for this breach in public safety. 300 pound men will resume crashing their heads into one another for your entertainment shortly.

Reactions: Carltex
My issue is that he was not following the league protocols of an unvaccinated player. He not only deceived the media, but he has addressed the media maskless for the past two months which is a clear violation of NFL protocol. My issue with the un-vaxxed is that it is not good enough that they not get the vaccination. They don’t want to respect the vaccinated by keeping their distance or wearing masks, but they deserve their choices though.

Last edited:

"I’d love to think that any sports reporter could ask a football player a multitude of questions before he or she asked the player a vaccine question."

Yep.

The fact is most reporters and many so called sports fans are more interested in the "gotcha" to make their points than they are in sports. Sad.

"I’d love to think that any sports reporter could ask a football player a multitude of questions before he or she asked the player a vaccine question."

Yep.

The fact is most reporters and many so called sports fans are more interested in the "gotcha" to make their points than they are in sports. Sad.
It’s a pertinent question because you have the prospect of him missing up to two games due to him being unvaccinated. Of course, a vaccinated player can contract the virus. However, two negative tests gets him back on the field. There is no set quarantine period. He could have answered the question and lectured the media like he is trying to do now.

Last edited:
What exactly is the issue? That he didn't directly answer the question? That's his right. Y'all are assuming that he wasn't vaccinated. How do you really know? I know plenty of people who are vaccinated that don't answer the question when asked. Because it's no one's business but theirs.

And don't come at me with the "if he were vaxxed he wouldn't have caught it". I know of 4 breakthrough cases in my family/friends alone. So just stop right there.

He has come out now and said he was not vaccinated. He took some type of treatment to boost his immune system. Supposedly he is allergic to something in two of the vaccines.

It’s a pertinent question because you have the prospect of him missing up two games due to him being unvaccinated. Of course, a vaccinated player can contract the virus. However, two negative tests gets him back on the field. There is no set quarantine period. He could have answered the question and lectured the media like he is trying to do now.
Not being vaccinated, getting sick could take him out of action for more than two weeks.

Not being vaccinated, getting sick could take him out of action for more than two weeks.
I recognize that. That is just the minimum. That is why I don’t understand people being so cavalier about reporters asking the question. It’s a question that can effect the competitive balance of play. However, the media is always the enemy unless they ask the friendly questions that is going to make people look good.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Let's just clear up a few things.
1. No vaccine ever created has ever conferred 100% immunity. Ever. There are standards for how effective a vaccine must be before it can be approved. Mid-80s% effectiveness means that if 100 people are vaccinated, up to 15 people still get sick... and 85 people don't.

2. Anti-vaxxers were once a fringe element in society, usually reserved to ultra-conservative religious groups far outside the norm of society. Anti-vax moved to the far-left starting in the 1990s when celebrities tried to prove traditional vaccines were causing autism (there is no scientific evidence to prove their point).

3. Science is STILL science. Scientific truths can be either verified or disproved with scientific research. Scientific research that relies on widely-accepted standards for conducting experiments to prove or disprove a hypothesis. Medicine relies on science.

3.5 For now at least, we have robust, innovative medical research in this country that has led to numerous medical breakthroughs, including developing a vaccine in 9 months. In fact, it's so robust that most conservatives claim that any sort of socialized medicine will ruin American innovation.

4. Social media has spread misrepresentations and falsehoods about science and scientific research. The problem has amplified in the last 6 years to where it has become extremely dangerous to democratic societies.

5. Aaron Rodgers said he was "immunized" knowing he had not taken the Covid-19 vaccine. He did not follow the NFL protocols for non-vaccinated players, such as wearing a mask in post-game interviews. Only he knows his true motivations.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT