ADVERTISEMENT

To People that always say trust the coaches talent...

Big Cock

Aug 14, 2002
To the people that always say TRUST THE COACHES recruiting evaluations... will you at least agree now that you can't build great teams with 3 star average talent?

To the people that always say TRUST THE COACHES recruiting evaluations... will you at least agree now that you can't build great teams with 3 star average talent?
I think you can build good and competitive teams, but you have to have excellent position coaches. We have some crappy ones. EJ and Lawing were able to take a bunch of 3 stars and turn them into a pretty darn good defense....and then started getting 4 stars and built a great defense. Starts with coaching...and we don't have it.

I just want guys that play with effort. We have plenty of 4 stars on this team that can't cut it. Recruiting is critical and part of that means getting talented guys that are also going to work hard year round and give 110%.

Our secondary is athletically a 1 to 2 star operation, except for Johnson who was a transfer, I see nothing from them to suggest they should be playing division one football.

I just want guys that play with effort. We have plenty of 4 stars on this team that can't cut it. Recruiting is critical and part of that means getting talented guys that are also going to work hard year round and give 110%.
Poor evaluation and/or development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT