ADVERTISEMENT

Unless you are hurt. You should play in your bowl game.

Im ok if Deebo doesn't play, I wont think any less of him

I can understand the decision with guy with all the injuries he has had.

Probably not a popular opinion but I feel Deebo is a special circumstance given everything he has overcome in his career on the injury front.

I would be sick if he got hurt in the Belk Bowl

I think we smoke Virginia with or without him.

Kelvin Harmon NC state Wr just said he is not playing in their bowl game. Too me, he just shi___ on his teammates. But that's me. I'm not trying to change his or anybody else mind.

Reactions: Pole and Jpcooper
None of our players are promised a life changing income what about the guys that leave early then end up let down they thought they would be rich too. If Deebo doesn't play then why did he return in the first place from the injury every scout out there knows what Deebo can do. Any 3rd or 4th round potential pick would be nuts to give up one more chance to showcase their talents. JMO

It’s more about the timing. Some guys who really need to perform well at the combine need to start preparing for that. For Deebo, performing well at the combine might be the difference between second round or fourth round— in other words a lot of money. He needs to train and work on his sprinting technique.

The injury risk is obviously a factor too. Especially soft muscle— not enough time to heal, train and compete at the combine if he goes down to soft tissue at the end of December.

Are these guys also giving up their scholarships, meals, stipends, rooms - forthwith?.

Deebo is. Assuming he won’t graduate. Classes are over in what, a week or two? I’m sure he’ll be around the program while finishing the semester and then he is gone. He’ll probably train in Florida or something. Heck, if he waits until then.

What is this meaningless bowl game talk people keep talking about hell every bowl game that's not the NC is it meaningless too? We are the most spoiled, never accomplished anything, fans alive.

When you wake up the day after the Belk Bowl our program will be no better or worse off than the day before. We will not win a championship other than some piece of hardware to stick beside some Outback bowl trophies.

That’s why people say meaningless.

When you wake up the day after the Belk Bowl our program will be no better or worse off than the day before. We will not win a championship other than some piece of hardware to stick beside some Outback bowl trophies.

No people don't say it's meaningless YOU say it. If we didn't make a bowl you'd be right here complaining about that too right? Get over yourself and don't watch it could be hazardous to your health. I plan and having a good time at the meaningless game it ain't meaningless to me so I guess I won't see ya there.

Reactions: bushmastercock
Love Debo wish him well.

That said, I’ll say this. I have no problem with players leaving a year early for the pros but when you sign up for a season, you’re committing to play every game the TEAM plays. This is not fair to the team.

Careful. You've made a point that cannot be refuted by the bleeding hearts on here. They don't like that at all.

Reactions: jonesz21
I didn
Clowney played in the bowl his last year and he was projected as the #1 pick. He had a lot to lose by playing and the world was telling him not to. Got to respect that.
I didn't realize players could decide what games they play in. Wouldn't surprise me though in the age of Muschamp.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Clowney played in the bowl his last year and he was projected as the #1 pick. He had a lot to lose by playing and the world was telling him not to. Got to respect that.

At that point nobody had really skipped one yet. I think Clowney definitely got the media to start asking the question more. Now there are a handful of guys doing it every year. It’s sort of like when guys never left early and played their senior year. Once somebody makes the jump, it opens the door for others to do it.

Garnett went to NBA straight out of high school. Then each year there were 1 or 2 that did. Eventually there were so many you lost count how many had done it.

Reactions: Proudcock
What if a player told Bear Bryant. I'm not playing in the bowl game. Different time I guess.

Definitely a different time. Heck, back then freshmen didn’t play. A lot more $ at stake now too. Many of the NFL players those days had jobs.

IMO, if you are going to NFL you should still play in the bowl game with your boys. You worked so hard for for 3 or 4 or 5 years. Of course they can do whatever they want. But for me I would go out with my guys 1 last time.
Go have a beer

Because we have so many trophies? Maybe I’m getting old but it doesn’t seem like that long ago that we had no bowl trophies. I don’t see how anyone can say that they won’t think any less of Deebo for quitting on his teammates. I just hope this doesn’t begin a trend here.

Is that the sports equivalent of "I disagree but cannot verbalize a rational response, therefore you are a racist!" ?? Asking for a friend.
I'm not that upset about the whole thing. I've actually weighed in on two or three of Jeff's threads-all discussing the same subject

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Because we have so many trophies? Maybe I’m getting old but it doesn’t seem like that long ago that we had no bowl trophies. I don’t see how anyone can say that they won’t think any less of Deebo for quitting on his teammates. I just hope this doesn’t begin a trend here.

No we don’t but just like my old tee ball trophies most of those trophies mean very little. As a fan it’s probably the good memories that matter more than the trophies.

I’m in total agreement about Deebo. The one positive I can say about it starting a trend is that it would mean we have a lot of NFL talent, which I am ok with.

I personally wouldn’t think I would sit if it were me but I also can’t blame the man either.

Most importantly, does he travel and stand on the sidelines? Not if I'm coaching. You made a decision that you are no longer subject to team expectations or rules. Well then you're no longer on a team. I'm not bashing the decision to not play but you can't say "but I want to support my boys" while not bothering to dress out.

Last edited:
It's all about the fans and players having one more game before the long lay off. The school gets $$ and the players get gifts and the fans get football what makes it meaningless? It's not about us it's about the players and having successful seasons and getting rewarded. The ones who think if it ain't for the NC it's a waste of time are missing the point about the spirit of the game. Hell, it's more football and that's why I like.
We didn’t win our first bowl til 95 because too many players thought it was meaningless. Now we have players quit because the bowl game is meaningless, and people wonder why we can’t build an elite program here

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT