ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs. Mizzou game thread....

There you go. I knew somebody would know the score.
I don't think cheaters should be rewarded. Boeheim was suspended FOR CHEATING. He had something like 100 career wins taken from him, had a losing conference record and double digit losses. Just because they got hot during the tourney does not mean they deserved to get in.

I don't think cheaters should be rewarded. Boeheim was suspended FOR CHEATING. He had something like 100 career wins taken from him, had a losing conference record and double digit losses. Just because they got hot during the tourney does not mean they deserved to get in.
I'm not swayed.

I don't make it up without considering whether or not I can live with the prospect of being wrong.
I have one standing rule when it comes to the NCAA tournament selection. Unless they win their conference tournament, a team should have to have at least a .500 record in conference. A team with a losing conference record should not be playing for a national championship.

I have one standing rule when it comes to the NCAA tournament selection. Unless they win their conference tournament, a team should have to have at least a .500 record in conference. A team with a losing conference record should not be playing for a national championship.
I think it depends somewhat on the strength of their non-conference opponents and how well they did against them. If they were playing several schools from the ACC or the Big 10 and won more than they lost, that might be a mitigating factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT