ADVERTISEMENT

We can win with the right coaches

USCMBA77

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Dawn Staley, Steve Spurrier and Ray Tanner are coaches who proved we can win big in the major sports at South Carolina. They also happened to be excellent coaches.
We are not going to win big with the likes of Muschamp, Martin and Kingston. They are not anywhere close to being excellent coaches.

Yes, a final four run is winning big. But missing the tournament 4 out of 5 years is not. And as usual, I don't see any polished players coming in next year to make me expect Frank will get over the hump and start making the tournament on a more regular basis. Frank brings in more projects than a 5th grade science fair.

Reactions: uscedge21
Dawn Staley, Steve Spurrier and Ray Tanner are coaches who proved we can win big in the major sports at South Carolina. They also happened to be excellent coaches.
We are not going to win big with the likes of Muschamp, Martin and Kingston. They are not anywhere close to being excellent coaches.
Pretty sure the Final Four is winning pretty damn big. Maybe I’m mistaken about that, but I don’t think I am. Oh, and 1 game away from Omaha your first year on the job isn’t too shabby either. Last year was tough, but this season is only 13 games in. Give the guy a chance and see what he can do. GO COCKS!!

As awesome as the Final Four was, it will be 3 years since in a few weeks. At some point we have to start making the tournament again. Need to do whatever it takes.

Yes, a final four run is winning big. But missing the tournament 4 out of 5 years is not. And as usual, I don't see any polished players coming in next year to make me expect Frank will get over the hump and start making the tournament on a more regular basis. Frank brings in more projects than a 5th grade science fair.
So he’s a bad coach because he can’t make the already “polished” players sign with Carolina over the likes of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.?

So he’s a bad coach because he can’t make the already “polished” players sign with Carolina over the likes of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.?

We're never going to compete with those schools. But we are also currently underperforming because those kids are going to other schools that aren't blue bloods - kids that we could easily get with a recent Final Four.

There is no reason for us to miss the postseason as much as we do. I don't care what our history is. We aren't recruiting at a high enough level.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Well, what did Dawn do? There was a time when we could not recruit against UGA, UF, UVA much less UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke in women's basketball...we need someone like Marshall to come home....

Well, what did Dawn do? There was a time when we could not recruit against UGA, UF, UVA much less UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke in women's basketball...we need someone like Marshall to come home....
Bingo!!!!

We're never going to compete with those schools. But we are also currently underperforming because those kids are going to other schools that aren't blue bloods - kids that we could easily get with a recent Final Four.

There is no reason for us to miss the postseason as much as we do. I don't care what our history is. We aren't recruiting at a high enough level.
To quote Jon Snow again, our players are a bunch of “projects”, so how is it that we are underperforming with a bunch of projects?

To quote Jon Snow again, our players are a bunch of “projects”, so how is it that we are underperforming with a bunch of projects?
His statement seems pretty clear. The program is underperforming. If Frank wasn't constantly missing on guys who leave for the schools I've mentioned, we might not be missing the tournament yet again.
That final four run was built off of several role players and projects... But mainly from Frank getting Sin and PJ to stay home. That's how you keep a program from underperforming... Bring in talent and coach them.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This is the same straw-man argument people use when they say it's not reasonable to expect to beat Alabama, LSU, and Clemson in football. Discussing those teams is ludicrous when you lose to App State and Missouri. We aren't upset that Frank cant out-recruit Kentucky, Duke, and UNC. We're upset because he cant recruit with the other midgets of the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT