ADVERTISEMENT

We have the facilities - 13-14th in SEC in recruiting budget is not how to catch up.

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
We obviously had a lot more talent a couple of years ago and haven`t replaced it. I`m tired of hearing how Clemson and other schools have so many more coaches, or whatever they call them, and contact the high school coaches, recruits more, etc. It sounds like we don`t have enough staff to do all this compared with some of the schools we directly compete against. We should be spending MORE, not less, than the other schools because of some of our inherent disadvantages, i.e. small state population, having to split the state, unlike LSU, Arky,,Missouri.Maybe we need to double the # of staff we have recrutiing, and double the amount of money we spend recruiting. We`ve done a great job with facilities, but we need to change what we do if we want to catch up. Seems simple to me - just do what Clemson is doing. It sure works for them even with a moronic head coach.

Our facilities are average for an SEC program. Above average for a P-5 team.

They are not excellent unless you compare to the have nots.

Last edited:
When have you ever heard a team win because they have fancier weight rooms or practice facilities. It's all about coaches.

It's not money either we pay those guys a fortune. We have coaches from high school and schools that are the caliber of Benedict college

The recruiting program is totally seat of the pants. Junior can say what he wants but having 7 walk ons contributing is a disgrace

Increasing the recruiting budget won't mean squat with this bunch. You have to be self driven to recruit or you have to fear for your job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT