ADVERTISEMENT

We looked better than I thought we would...

Agree. We handled them much better than I was afraid we would have. As you said, something to build on, and, after all, regardless of what some think, that's what this season was always about.

Just like law or sausages, don't watch them being made.

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!

Reactions: gamecock ed
I have to agree I thought we'd get killed way worse than we did. I believe if we'd had a normal game and it was here we would have gotten LSU's best shot and gotten destroyed.

LSU - 624 total yards, USC - 283

We got our butt-kicked. But our special teams were outstanding and we only turned the ball over once to make the outcome more respectable.

So, in an "Old Carolina" way, I guess you're right.

didnt see all that coming- must be the beer! I guess beer goggles can relate to your football team too! Forget I ever said anything ; )

I agree a little bit, but LSU was sleepwalking in the 1st half.

I think I just read...we played better than I thought we would...after a 21 point beatdown? Geesh we are back to the Brad Scott era...perhaps even the Sparky Woods era. Ugh.

Reactions: usc8205
I think I just read...we played better than I thought we would...after a 21 point beatdown? Geesh we are back to the Brad Scott era...perhaps even the Sparky Woods era. Ugh.
Fournett was out almost all the second half!!!!

Glad Shamier got a few catches, Williams looked better (not great, just better), the DLine played well in the first half and got some pressure...other than that "gotta coach 'em up better". I will not lie, I absolutely have the " Old Carolina" mentality right now. I am ecstatic that we didn't have a Georgia beatdown tonight and that depresses me at the same time.

There's nothing to build on; as the announcers commented on the atmosphere was like a scrimmage. Once LSU hit the gas a bit it was a done deal. Hope is a terrible thing.

4-8; 1-7

Reactions: usc8205
I guess the thing that frustrates me most is knowing next year won't be any better. Right now we don't have a good class coming in and even if we did it would take time. It's going to be a long process to get back to a winning football team.

We didn't look as good as Eastern Michigan or Mississippi State but if you're OK with that fine.

I personally have never had a problem with saluting a team, mine or anyone else's, for doing a good job. Why else do we shake hands after a game if not to congratulate a team for effort? Maybe it's because I'm a mother who always tried to keep her girls focused on effort rather than absolute result, win or loss. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher who wants to see a student who is not the brightest in the class do his or her best to make himself or herself a better student.

Do I want to win? Of course, but do I recognize effort? Yes, I do. Keep being dismal some of you if that's how you want to live. I choose to remain positive. #theoriginalsunshinepumperextraordinaire

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!

I personally have never had a problem with saluting a team, mine or anyone else's, for doing a good job. Why else do we shake hands after a game if not to congratulate a team for effort? Maybe it's because I'm a mother who always tried to keep her girls focused on effort rather than absolute result, win or loss. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher who wants to see a student who is not the brightest in the class do his or her best to make himself or herself a better student.

Do I want to win? Of course, but do I recognize effort? Yes, I do. Keep being dismal some of you if that's how you want to live. I choose to remain positive. #theoriginalsunshinepumperextraordinaire

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!
well said....my wife is a teacher, as were my mom & grand dad by the way

Reactions: chick75
well said....my wife is a teacher, as were my mom & grand dad by the way
My mother always told me that it was OK if I failed a course or made a D, but she wanted to make sure I had tried my best. I learned two lessons: my mother loved me regardless of my grades, that making a D or F would not change her love for me, and that grades meant nothing in the long run. I never made less than a C in anything, and to this day I can tell you what my few Cs were in (math, always math!). And only one at Carolina: Biology. I'd never had it in high school, so I thought I did pretty well. Hahaha!

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!

Last edited:
My mother always told me that it was OK if I failed a course or made a D, but she wanted to make sure I had tried my best. I learned two lessons: my mother loved me regardless of my grades, and making a D or F would not change her love for me. I never made less than a C in anything, and to this day I can tell you what my few Cs were in (math, always math!). And only one at Carolina: Biology. I'd never had it in high school, so I thought I did pretty well. Hahaha!

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!
funny.... I was always terrible in math too and even worse later in accounting at Carolina. As a adult I work with numbers every single day and have managed to work well with them- but what a struggle early on! I can relate! And good stuff from your mom that I know you have passed on.

Reactions: chick75
funny.... I was always terrible in math too and even worse later in accounting at Carolina. As a adult I work with numbers every single day and have managed to work well with them- but what a struggle early on! I can relate! And good stuff from your mom that I know you have passed on.

I actually do well with basic math. My daughters always took that "higher math" but would forget the easy stuff. They were always surprised at what I could remember and could do better than they could. Just as long as I can do averages for my students I'm good.

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!

My mother always told me that it was OK if I failed a course or made a D, but she wanted to make sure I had tried my best. I learned two lessons: my mother loved me regardless of my grades, that making a D or F would not change her love for me, and that grades meant nothing in the long run. I never made less than a C in anything, and to this day I can tell you what my few Cs were in (math, always math!). And only one at Carolina: Biology. I'd never had it in high school, so I thought I did pretty well. Hahaha!

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!
You sound really weak

You sound really weak

Oh, I'm sure it's because I'm a "weak" female. Douche. Putting Walter White on your profile doesn't make you tough. Maybe putting Skyler would have.

But now I know another poster to ignore. Thanks for that. Bright side.

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT