ADVERTISEMENT

We may want the Clemson Bball game cancelled as well

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Clemson seems to be really pretty good this year. We continue to look as if we dont know what we are doing. It may be a good thing if we have to cancel that game as well. They are undefeated and have beaten some decent teams. We, on the other hand, are doing our usual slow start to the season that makes it hard to get engaged for the long haul. I do really like Frank but this is year 7 or 8? We have several players that have been playing for a few years in this system. Its time to be better. There should not be a slow start to this season.

I think it’s coming, not because Clemsux is good. Don’t forget Frank signed to play Virginia the last two years, splitting with them and they were pretty good.

Even if things go perfect, our team will be out of quarantine 2-3 days before the game. After a long layoff that doesn’t leave a lot of time to shake the rust off before playing your rival. If it hits another player or two it will be downright impossible to play.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
I think it’s coming, not because Clemsux is good. Don’t forget Frank signed to play Virginia the last two years, splitting with them and they were pretty good.

Even if things go perfect, our team will be out of quarantine 2-3 days before the game. After a long layoff that doesn’t leave a lot of time to shake the rust off before playing your rival. If it hits another player or two it will be downright impossible to play.
Eligible to resume practice Dec 16. Game is Dec 19. That’s enough time to be ready. Of course additional positives could change that, like you said. But if not, the game should be played.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Clemson seems to be really pretty good this year. We continue to look as if we dont know what we are doing. It may be a good thing if we have to cancel that game as well. They are undefeated and have beaten some decent teams. We, on the other hand, are doing our usual slow start to the season that makes it hard to get engaged for the long haul. I do really like Frank but this is year 7 or 8? We have several players that have been playing for a few years in this system. Its time to be better. There should not be a slow start to this season.

With your reasoning, we should just drop out of the SEC altogether.... stupid post.

Reactions: F-86F
Win or lose I always want to play them. Preferably not with as slim as prep time as projected. I think it's important we always find time to continue our rivalry.

Reactions: redrogers
With your reasoning, we should just drop out of the SEC altogether.... stupid post.
I guess my bit of sarcasm in there was not noticed or didnt come across. Im always for playing everyone, however we seem to be playing WAY under our abilities and they are playing really, really well to start the year. If we play the game and we dont play better, we will get our butts handed to us this year and really shouldnt. They are not more talented but are playing better ball by a mile. I really wanted to get across that this team has been together for a couple of years now and really not alot of significant turnover other than Silva and Kotsar graduating. Lawson, Bryant, Couisnard, Frink, etc. have played together for two or more seasons now. They also have played for Frank for 3 seasons now. It should not look like they dont know what to do and how to play his style. It should flow now. Thats what made the final four run so good was that they finally played how Frank wanted them and coached them to play. This team really does have the talent but, just like the womens team this year, seems to not be mentally engaged into the season so far. The women may have won against several decent teams but dont look as dominant as we were told they would be and they dont seem to flow either. I know its early but they both need to wake up a bit. If they do, they can be good but if not, teams like Clemson this year are going to embarrass them.

Reactions: redrogers
Eligible to resume practice Dec 16. Game is Dec 19. That’s enough time to be ready. Of course additional positives could change that, like you said. But if not, the game should be played.

It’s enough time to play, but don’t expect it to be a thing of beauty. Execution of plays is based on timing and taking 2 weeks off between games and 10-11 of those days without practices will not be pretty. Especially when the other team has been able to practice and play over that stretch. As a basketball coach myself, I would want that game played at another time. There’s a significant competitive advantage Clemsux will have going into that game.

Think about how bad we have played in the past after exams After the break. It’s part of the reason we almost always have a Newberry, Coker or Florida A & M around that time.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Hey, coach k, think the players might want to play?

They will probably beat the brakes off us. They actually might win the ACC this year. The league looks wide open this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT