ADVERTISEMENT

We should rename Colonial Life Arena “Low Energy Arena”...

usc01#

Jan 19, 2001
Unbelievable the lack of ANY excitement in that place today. And what the HELL is the marketing department doing to try and get students butts in the seats? EVERY other schools students are standing the whole time and you can tell where the student section is—-but not at “Low Energy Arena”

It's Sunday at noon... The students are the only people who regularly show up. Only a couple thousand non students per game

While I understand what you are saying—this is where the Marketing Department (if they were worth a shit) to actually come up with something—ANYTHING to get butts (students) especially into seats. Free T-Shirts for EVERY student—free hot dog or something...the optics look horrible on TV.

All the excuses sound good. But with the exception of Kentucky coming to town, or some other highly ranked opponent that the masses feel like there may be a chance to beat, today's crowd is the norm for USC basketball. Reflection of a fan base that just screams that the best the expect is for the team to be mediocre. So the emotional support is as well.

I just had a hella good pizza at Thirsty Fellows. Wouldn't walk the extra block even if ticket was free.
Whenever I’m back in town that’s the first place I go. Good use of your time and money.

I feel bad for Coach Frank and the guys. If a final four run can’t bring in a few recruits in the years afterwards, there’s something really wrong with our sports program overall and it has nothing to do with the coach or the fans.

Reactions: 76MACC and gpcocks
Whenever I’m back in town that’s the first place I go. Good use of your time and money.

I feel bad for Coach Frank and the guys. If a final four run can’t bring in a few recruits in the years afterwards, there’s something really wrong with our sports program overall and it has nothing to do with the coach or the fans.
Good dang pie. Wood fired is awesome.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Unbelievable the lack of ANY excitement in that place today. And what the HELL is the marketing department doing to try and get students butts in the seats? EVERY other schools students are standing the whole time and you can tell where the student section is—-but not at “Low Energy Arena”
It’s unbelievable how bad this team SUCKS! That is why there is no energy in that place. We missed 70% of the shots we took and got beat by 20! You expect our fans to show up in droves and cheer like a bunch of mindless sheep even though the product on the court is pathetic? Winning, scoring and playing well fuels fan excitement. Whatever Martin calls “this” (because it is not a team) fuels indifference.

The arena certainly comes to life when the Women's Basketball team plays. Keep supporting MBB and WBB.

Does "house cleaning" mean anything? It's long overdue in two major sports, and baseball could be the final straw. I've never seen moral so low when we talk about a sports program. USC has always been the bell cow for supporting their teams, but I think it's time to shut it down until the people in charge fire and retire.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
They have exams this week, so no. Student attendance is awful, too. We haven't had over 1000 students at a game this season. With 35,000 students, that's awful.
The calendar says that exams are this coming week. I just read it. My granddaughter is at USC-Beaufort and all the USC campuses operate under the same calendar. At the discretion of professors, students whose exams consisted of submitted papers turned them in on Friday and many went on home. My granddaughter is in that situation and it confused me.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Not a b-ball fan but just thinking .... maybe if Frank actually signed a few notable instate guys ... Zion or Ja Morant , people might actually come to check it out . Couldn’t name a single guy on our B-ball roster right now . Anytime I tried to watch a game the last few years I went to sleep or got bored and changed the channel , If I can’t sit thru 2 hours at home on my lazy boy i can’t imagine why anyone would want to actually pay and attend .

WBB USED to draw 1-2,000 fans a game. When Dawn Staley was hired at 650K I thought WTF? I don't think that anymore! She has taken a mediocre program to elite status. She recruits we'll because she was well known and respected. Once she got decent talent, we started winning. Winning brought fans and better recruits. We have led WBB in attendance for FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS.

It's a pretty simple formula for wins, attendance, and stability.

We have NONE of that for MBB. Totally dominated today from the opening tip to the final second. No one wants to watch that crap! FM, other than the blind squirrel final four appearance has done jack shit at USC.

Recruiting has been lackluster at best, haven't even made the NIT post FF season, and losing to sisters of the poor early season every year, Stoney Brook, Augusta College, Wyoming (last year), Boston U. yada, yada, yada....

I know it doesn’t impact everyone but December Sundays are a big deal at most churches. We had a great service this morning with special Christmas songs, special musical guests, and our church had a big crowd. I had been looking forward to attending.

I wasn’t leaving that for a basketball game at noon. No way.

I was there . But it's dumb as hell scheduling a Sunday game at noon 2 weeks before Christmas and competing with the NFL

If we could score more than 0 points before the other team has at least 7, that would help.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
I dont recall a time where I have ever had less desire to attend a football, basketball, and baseball game at Carolina. Its hard to stay a "die hard" fan for me. Its just truly terrible in all three big sports and no I dont care about womens basketball
I agree with you with evrything except about women's basketball - that's the best team we have.

Kids these days! Why, in my day, we went to every sporting even there was even when the team never won.

USC has always been the bell cow for supporting their teams

Have you paid attention to our basketball attendance the last 40 years? Except for some exceptions, basketball attendance has been poor. I’ll give the “bell cow” awards to UK for basketball and Nebraska for football.

Reactions: king ward
I dont recall a time where I have ever had less desire to attend a football, basketball, and baseball game at Carolina. Its hard to stay a "die hard" fan for me. Its just truly terrible in all three big sports and no I dont care about womens basketball

still interested in sex?

Have you paid attention to our basketball attendance the last 40 years? Except for some exceptions, basketball attendance has been poor. I’ll give the “bell cow” awards to UK for basketball and Nebraska for football.
Nebraska is amazing. The people keep coming and every stadium expansion they have done has been perfect. Plus, they are the only thing the state has going for it sports-wise. Oh, to be in that situation.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nebraska is amazing. The people keep coming and every stadium expansion they have done has been perfect. Plus, they are the only thing the state has going for it sports-wise. Oh, to be in that situation.

Agreed. And they have endured some miserable seasons over the last 20 years and lost all of their traditional Big 6/8/12 rivals moving to the B1G. Yet, they still sell out every single game.

They even had a coach (Pellini) caught on tape saying “F you, fans. F all of you.” And they still gave their money and showed up every Saturday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT