ADVERTISEMENT

We won the years first FOMNTT fishing tournament

Those are some tough conditions . The bite down here in Florida is savage right now . A lot of hungry aggressive pre spawn fish and a few on beds . Another week of warm weather and it will be sightfishing heaven .

That's great!

(Also, I am so very happy that I am not anywhere near as miserable as some of you.)
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1vagamecock
Fire the fishing coach and Ray Tanner they're both in over their heads. Who uses the excuse it's raining and it hurt the fishing? Hell, ain't the fish already wet they don't even know it's raining. Our fisher people must not be very tough it has to be conditioning that's to blame. What's so hard about baiting hooks at this juncture they should all be master baiters anyway. Somebody get me Rex Cramer.:D Oh we won...my bad.

Those are some tough conditions . The bite down here in Florida is savage right now . A lot of hungry aggressive pre spawn fish and a few on beds . Another week of warm weather and it will be sightfishing heaven .
So jealous, I'm usually in Clewiston fishing okeechobee this time of year.

So jealous, I'm usually in Clewiston fishing okeechobee this time of year.

Okeechobee is ridiculous. I’ve caught some monsters shiner fishing Okeechobee . St Johns river has been pretty stellar the last few years too !!!

Wow . They caught a 10 foot Great White off the Navarre Pier today . First one caught in the Panhandle since the 60s. Tagged and released . Estimated to be 700lbs . That’s nuts . Didn’t believe it but just saw video to confirm . Crazy

During a bass tournament?! I bet that was quite the surprise.

Nah that would be crazy . No this one was caught off a local pier . EXTREMELY rare to see Great Whites in the Gulf . We do catch some big Makos close to shore in the early spring . They usually follow the Cobia run . Pretty big news down here . Just in time for spring break !!!

Nah that would be crazy . No this one was caught off a local pier . EXTREMELY rare to see Great Whites in the Gulf . We do catch some big Makos close to shore in the early spring . They usually follow the Cobia run . Pretty big news down here . Just in time for spring break !!!
Shark week and river monster shows have killed any desire I have to get in the water anymore.

Reactions: cockofdawn
This is a sports forum, so if I win fishing tournaments does that count?

It sure does with me. Congratulations!!!

Used to be an avid saltwater fisherman. Real fish, not the BS Trophy fish. Cod, Fluke, Flounder, Tuna, Albacore, Bonita, Tile fish. But, without a doubt, my favorite was Blue Fish. Bluphishchummin!
Trolling was/is, shall we say, for the limp wristed, less manly, FF's. Similar to what I think they call in hunting ... jack lighting.

Tried good fresh water fishin' but, without someone to learn ya, the right way, it's tuff.

Congratulations again!!!.

Last edited:
It sure does with me. Congratulations!!!

Used to be an avid saltwater fisherman. Real fish, not the BS Trophy fish. Cod, Fluke, Flounder, Tuna, Albacore, Bonita, Tile fish. But, without a doubt, my favorite was Blue Fish. Bluphishchummin!
Trolling was/is, shall we say, for the limp wristed, less manly, FF's. Similar to what I think they call in hunting ... jack lighting.

Tried good fresh water fishin' but, without someone to learn ya, the right way, it's tuff.

Congratulations again!!!.
Thanks! I love all types of fishing as well although the only blue fish I've cought has been from the old Cury beach pier.

Unfortunately, Lake Guntersville in Alabama was not very friendly in the fishing tourney attended by the Gamecock fishing team today, according to my older grandson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT