ADVERTISEMENT

#WEAREUNITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pac 12 article. As far as I can tell no players are being forced to play, and are free to attend any college that they are accepted.
So no I don't stand with the article.

Pac 12 article. As far as I can tell no players are being forced to play, and are free to attend any college that they are accepted.
So no I don't stand with the article.
Five players at WSU, who publicly said they stand with #WEAREUNITED, have been dismissed from the team. So yes, the players, at least at Washington State are being told they have to play.

Last edited:
I agree with them being able to sit out the pandemic without losing their scholarship, but not their spot on the roster... best man up on that. I think health care is reasonable, but possibly not for 6 years after they leave. Caveat, if they have a health or lingering injury issue that occurred as a direct result of playing, that should be taken care of long after their career is over. For instance as a senior an athlete sustains a massive knee injury in practice or in a game, requiring multiple surgeries over a several year span, that should be paid for by the school. But I vote absolutely no on revenue sharing. They act like they're playing for free. Someone should enlighten them on the cost, and the value of a college education.

The first section basically says that they think they are a combination of MLK and Seal Team 6. The key issue in the list of demands is the 50% revenue being paid to the players. The PAC-12 will likely cave. Not sure when and how the NCAA bureaucrats will respond.

Five players as WSU who publicly said they stand with #WEAREUNITED have been dismissed from the team. So yes, the players, at least at Washington State are being told they have to play.

Well they are on scholarship to play, so if they refuse to play, then they should be kicked off. Good for WSU if they kicked them off for sitting.

I can understand the Covid concerns, but that is it.

Five players at WSU, who publicly said they stand with #WEAREUNITED, have been dismissed from the team. So yes, the players, at least at Washington State are being told they have to play.
I didn't see that in the article. They shouldn't be made to play but if they don't they shouldn't be allowed to go to school for free and certainly shouldn't get any of the revenue.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
Well they are on scholarship to play, so if they refuse to play, then they should be kicked off. Good for WSU if they kicked them off for sitting.

I can understand the Covid concerns, but that is it.

They are looking to capatilize on a pandemic and use COVID as the reason. I don't see anybody berating the pro baseball, basketball, and football players for sitting out because of health/personal concerns. I agree with you and others that if they are injured while playing in school it should be handled like a worker's comp case (I believe that they already do this). In terms of getting extra health insurance... no thanks... and the revenue shares?!?! They are being given what $50-60K over four/five years of college. They are forgetting that they are STUDENT-athletes. If they don't want to play, honor their scholarships, but remove them from the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT