ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Finebauh is at it again. Said on his show today that he didn't know

what the people in Vegas have been smoking to have the Gamecocks ranked ahead of Kensucky.
Finebaum is a complete ass who cuddles up to whichever team is currently getting the hype because he knows very little about football. Earlier in the year he was praising us but one UGA loss and he thinks we have no chance against Kentucky.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Finebauh has always hated us. In fact, if I remember correctly shortly after we joined the SEC he petitioned all SEC fans to write the SEC Commissioner to have us removed from the SEC.
I think that is right. As I remember he was the one who wrote a really nasty article about how South Carolina would prove to be an embarrassment to the SEC. He completely dropped all that nonsense after we won the College World series a couple of times.

I really see nothing wrong, with his statement, I assume he means favored, its not like he is some picking guru. He is a shock statement get a buzz guy.

I was shocked to, to see us favored, please slam away :)

Money has coming in the other side, I hope this is by design, and the house wins big in Vegas.

I really see nothing wrong, with his statement, I assume he means favored, its not like he is some picking guru. He is a shock statement get a buzz guy.

I was shocked to, to see us favored, please slam away :)

Money has coming in the other side, I hope this is by design, and the house wins big in Vegas.
Yep. Many on here were picking us not to be favored. I was as surprised as he evidently was....and if people were honest, they were also.

First off, I really don't think many on here understand Finebaum. He stirs the pot. That is why he has the most popular talk show in the south, no matter the opinions on message boards. He could be nice and kiss everyone's a**, but he knows that gets no traction. As for the spread, I was a hit shocked at USC being favored on the opening line. Game is at KY. They have beaten UF on the road, and completely dominated a ranked MSU team at home. Meanwhile, USC had a good win at Vandy on the road, but got curb stomped by UGA at home.

You have to keep in mind how the betting line works. Vegas sets a line that they think accurately portrays the game. Then it is adjusted. If you get too many people betting one way, the line is adjusted to make it attractive to betters to bet the other side. Get too many that way and the line adjusts again. The bookies aim is to get as many people betting one side as bet the other. The bookie makes his off the vigorish or the difference between what you bet and what you win. In other words you might put up 6 dollars to win 5. That 6th dollar goes to the bookie. The bookie doesn't want to risk his money and have to pay off. He wants 50% winners and 50% losers then he picks up the "vig" and goes on his way laughing all the way to the bank.

The betting line means nothing. It is bait to get bets. The game is played on the field. We don't know how good we are not how good Kentucky is. We hope to find out about both on Saturday.

I'm as big of a Gamecock fan as there is, and I wouldn't make us a favorite in this game. I think we can win, but I don't think we are the favorite.I know it is only after 4 games, but Snell is on Pace for 1600 yards, and when is the last time we stopped Kentucky's run game?

Reactions: Golden Cock
I feel pretty good about this game. UK just game off a dominating performance and are primed for a letdown. If we can hold them under 120 yds rushing and not turn the ball over we can win it.

In this one I think our offense can be the best defense by sustaining drives and Parker White could be called upon to win it. Field goals mean a lot in dog fights. 31-28, good guys.

I don't think we've fully seen what our own team is capable of yet. Or I could just be wrong.

I agree but I like to watch SEC Network and it's just hard to ignore that nut.

He is pretty objective. You just don’t like the truth being thrown at your team. The worst team’s fan base hate him, and the best teams fan base like him. GO FIGURE,

Reactions: rogue cock
what the people in Vegas have been smoking to have the Gamecocks ranked ahead of Kensucky.
jim dunnaway of WJOX out of Birmingham is picking us to win too. Thinks Kentucky will have to pass more in our game and that will give us an edge.

Also, I don't think Bentley will not miss the open throws like Missippi States QB in our passing game. Will be a tough road game but hopefully we can score early and quiet the crowd and keep performing at a high level.

Kentucky and our offensive line are ranked 3 and 4 in the conference behind Georgia and Alabama.

Reactions: Ironcock17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT