ADVERTISEMENT

Well, how are the little old fire flies doing in Cola?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I hope it's just a matter of time before they are ran out of town. The fire flies have no business being in the same town as my Gamecocks.

No offense to anyone who truly enjoys the fire flies games.

I hope it's just a matter of time before they are ran out of town. The fire flies have no business being in the same town as my Gamecocks.

No offense to anyone who truly enjoys the fire flies games.

There is plenty of entertainment dollar to go around. Its a different environment than college ball. In fact its more entertaining and a better display of talent. In fact because nothing really hinges on wins and losses, its actually better.

There is plenty of entertainment dollar to go around. Its a different environment than college ball. In fact its more entertaining and a better display of talent. In fact because nothing really hinges on wins and losses, its actually better.

And most importantly,

They sell beer!

Reactions: Bclc829
So weird. So threatened.

We have the most insecure male posters on any forum. I'm surprised the OP had time to ask the question in between Reverse Mortgage Applications and Nigerian Prince Wire Transfers.

But to answer the original question, they're doing fine. I believe their attendance is well over 150k people/season. Also, unlike the Gamecocks, they play baseball past June.

Minor League baseball doesn't do anything to hurt USC or USC baseball. Minor league games are a great place to go after work for a beer and watch some baseball, or take the family and kids to see friday night fireworks. No minor league team will ever be taken seriously enough by South Carolina fans to take them away. When I go see our local minor league team, I don't really care who wins/loses. It's nice to go watch a baseball game and not be invested in the outcome.

We have the most insecure male posters on any forum. I'm surprised the OP had time to ask the question in between Reverse Mortgage Applications and Nigerian Prince Wire Transfers.

But to answer the original question, they're doing fine. I believe their attendance is well over 150k people/season. Also, unlike the Gamecocks, they play baseball past June.
I think some people really would prefer Main Street revert back to wig and army/navy stores and Drake's Duck-in. The city is doing great.

No offense, but they're probably drawing better than the Cocks did this year! There were more than a few SEC series that I was more than a little embarrassed and we still profess to be the best college fan base! I know, I know, I'm a tater!

It's nice to go to a game that I don't have a vested interest in the outcome, just as it was attending Riverdogs games in Charleston. But for me, it's not more appealing than Gamecock Baseball. If I have a choice between the two, I choose the Gamecocks.

From the outfield, the ballpark looks very much like ours. Almost the exact design.

Needless to say the lack of development of the area, 3 years after the opening of the ballpark, is quite disappointing.

We had some storms roll through Columbia late in the afternoon a couple weeks ago. Winds picked up significantly for about 30 minutes before the rain. Watching all the dust blow up from the area was almost sad. It looked like a dust storm.

So weird. So threatened.

I'm not weird or am I threatened. Why am I threatened? It's nothing to me, I live in NC, I just don't like anything in Cola competing with my Gamecocks and yes I realize they play past May. But my gosh I bet the Gamecocks have put more players in the majors than the fire nats ever dreamed about.

Last edited:
I'm not weird or am I threatened. Why am I threatened? It's nothing to me I live in NC, I just don't like anything in Cola competing with my Gamecocks and yes I realize they play past May. But my gosh I bet the Gamecocks have put more players in the majors than the fire nats ever dreamed about.
Can you post where you live in NC? I’d like to throw in my two cents on it even though I don’t live there

I'm not weird or am I threatened. Why am I threatened? It's nothing to me I live in NC, I just don't like anything in Cola competing with my Gamecocks and yes I realize they play past May. But my gosh I bet the Gamecocks have put more players in the majors than the fire nats ever dreamed about.
It's easy to play past May when your season doesn't start until April. :D

Sir, I have no need for any information relative to Reverse Mortgages Applications and I have a meeting scheduled next week to discuss my investments but thanks very much for being concerned as to how I deal with time management.

Fan number 1 million will pass through the gates this year. We are doing just fine.

It's nice to go to a game that I don't have a vested interest in the outcome, just as it was attending Riverdogs games in Charleston. But for me, it's not more appealing than Gamecock Baseball. If I have a choice between the two, I choose the Gamecocks.

From the outfield, the ballpark looks very much like ours. Almost the exact design.

Needless to say the lack of development of the area, 3 years after the opening of the ballpark, is quite disappointing.

We had some storms roll through Columbia late in the afternoon a couple weeks ago. Winds picked up significantly for about 30 minutes before the rain. Watching all the dust blow up from the area was almost sad. It looked like a dust storm.

With the growing popularity of Cottontown, Earlewood, and the North Main (noma) area exploding, growth in the Bull Street district should speed up. With that said, i do like the idea of an area having a master plan however when the plan is too strictly adhered to, it can hinder growth.

It's awesome man. I love the stadium, the gear and the beer

Sir, you can't be serious! You actually own fire fly gear? Do you wear it out in public? Or do you just wear it around the house when you need some clothing items to do chores and don't want to ruin your good clothing? I could see the later.

Sir, you can't be serious! You actually own fire fly gear? Do you wear it out in public? Or do you just wear it around the house when you need some clothing items to do chores and don't want to ruin your good clothing? I could see the later.
Glow in the dark Nike polo was only 70 bucks man. What's not to love? :D

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Can you post where you live in NC? I’d like to throw in my two cents on it even though I don’t live there
Glow in the dark Nike polo was only 70 bucks man. What's not to love? :D

Sir, the next time you are at a fire flies game you may want to do this: There use to be a hospital in that location that does great things for people like you. You may want to give them a try.

Last edited:
They were about packed for the 4th celebration. They have good food at reasonable prices, USC should go take a class and find out how in the world they’re doing it. And they never run out of anything! Until USC decides baseball is important again, the Fireflies will be getting the crowds.

Folks, I don't give a hoot about the fire flies or the team being in Cola, just as long as they aren't taking money away from the Gamecocks. I'm just trying to get something started. And as far as downtown Cola is concerned, I hope it develops into a meca - I personally haven't been in downtown Cola in decades and have no immediate plans of going to downtown Cola, so good luck with the development.

Folks, I don't give a hoot about the fire flies or the team being in Cola, just as long as they aren't taking money away from the Gamecocks. I'm just trying to get something started. And as far as downtown Cola is concerned, I hope it develops into a meca - I personally haven't been in downtown Cola in decades and have no immediate plans of going to downtown Cola, so good luck with the development.

They aren't. It is possible to do both. The schedules only overlapped 3 weekends. By then it wasn't the Fireflies that was keeping people away from Gamecock games.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
They don't overlap by much, but average attendance per game numbers for 2019 would be an interesting comparison actually.....

They were about packed for the 4th celebration. They have good food at reasonable prices, USC should go take a class and find out how in the world they’re doing it. And they never run out of anything! Until USC decides baseball is important again, the Fireflies will be getting the crowds.

Thats how we roll brother.
If you are ever at a game, stop by the sqeeze n freeze on the concourse in right field . Mention GC and ill sell you a pineapple rum drink at regular price.RollLaughRollLaughjumpingsmileRollLaughRollLaugh

Last edited:

. “Interest in”? Oh u mean like a yank\bosox or cubbie cards game?.......which reminds me, anyone that bitches about not being able to buy a beer n the stadium has no clue how to tailgate

Thats how we roll brother.
If you are ever at a game, stop by the sqeeze n freeze on the concourse in right field . Mention GC and ill sell you a pineapple rum drink at regular price.RollLaughRollLaughjumpingsmileRollLaughRollLaugh
My girlfriend has dragged me to 5 games so far, I’m sure I’ll be back before long. We will make sure to stop by.lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT