ADVERTISEMENT

Well let's support our new coach

I support him but 36-24 gets you a raise and promotion at Illinois State. At South Carolina it gets you fired. It's hard to get too excited about that.

At first I wasn't crazy about this hire of the USF coach but after researching more about him I'm excited. He seems to be an excellent recruiter, really good coach and he's going and hungry.

I support the coach just not how we continue to stub our toe hiring coaches. I would not think Kingston was the top of the list but with an AD in training who knows

I fully support this hire and prefer Kingston over an "established" guy. That said, Tanner is probably either going to look like a genius or a buffoon with his Muschamp and Kingston hires. Muschamp obviously gets a longer leash based on SC's football history.

I fully support this hire and prefer Kingston over an "established" guy. That said, Tanner is probably either going to look like a genius or a buffoon with his Muschamp and Kingston hires. Muschamp obviously gets a longer leash based on SC's football history.
do you find it odd that Ray keeps going back to the USF well for coaches? We interviewed their football coach, now hired their baseball coach.

Out of curiosity, what is the "excellent recruiter" based on? I saw where he had a #4 class in 2015 but also too ALOT of players. Also saw his 2017 class ranking was #73. Not flaming or bashing the coach, I'll be glad to give him the benefit of the doubt, just curious what the recruiting comments are based on.

Out of curiosity, what is the "excellent recruiter" based on? I saw where he had a #4 class in 2015 but also too ALOT of players. Also saw his 2017 class ranking was #73. Not flaming or bashing the coach, I'll be glad to give him the benefit of the doubt, just curious what the recruiting comments are based on.
But look where he was trying to get them to go. He got some good players but how about this,he has the ability to coach up players to another level of which Chad couldn't. Recruiting baseball players is different that recruiting football players you have to first talk the good ones out of the pro draft and even then they fly in two years and the process begins again. Anyway, that's what I believe.

But look where he was trying to get them to go. He got some good players but how about this,he has the ability to coach up players to another level of which Chad couldn't. Recruiting baseball players is different that recruiting football players you have to first talk the good ones out of the pro draft and even then they fly in two years and the process begins again. Anyway, that's what I believe.

I get the "coaching them up" but that really doesn't answer the recruiting question. #73 recruiting class doesn't sound very "excellent" or "great". Just curious what the excellentt recruiter comments are based on.

I get the "coaching them up" but that really doesn't answer the recruiting question. #73 recruiting class doesn't sound very "excellent" or "great". Just curious what the excellentt recruiter comments are based on.
I am going on the fact that he got better and his pitching staff had an ERA of 3.2 and Bama and VT offered him. His teams could hit and pitch but all his classes were not ranked #73 didn't he have one in the top 5? USF and IL State ain't getting the best players but he did well with what he did get. I think what he will do here can be exciting. If I am wrong it won't be the first time but I like the hire.

Reactions: tl from little hell
Shoulder shrug. I would expect more with the program that was built. but meh, whatever, muschamp better succeed. That is where the balls hit the wall...I know I know.....I just like to say it. At USC we don't aim for the stars we just settle for the driveway.

Where did this "young and hungry" talk get started? Dude is 47. He's probably been coaching for over 20 years

Considering our previous hires, Odom, Holtz and Spurrier he's a spring chicken.

I consider 47 young for a coach if just for the reason he has many many years before retirement age.

The hungry comment, well reminds me a bit of Muschamp because they are relentless in recruiting. Young, full of recruiting energy. I bet he even has time to actually meet the recruits.
It doesn't seem you're up to date or follow the Gamecocks like most of us on here so try and keep up and feel free to research our new coach. I hate crybabies

Considering our previous hires, Odom, Holtz and Spurrier he's a spring chicken.

I consider 47 young for a coach if just for the reason he has many many years before retirement age.

The hungry comment, well reminds me a bit of Muschamp because they are relentless in recruiting. Young, full of recruiting energy. I bet he even has time to actually meet the recruits.
It doesn't seem you're up to date or follow the Gamecocks like most of us on here so try and keep up and feel free to research our new coach. I hate crybabies

Can you cite examples of my being a crybaby/not meeting your standards of fandom?

I was just trying to understand the 'young and hungry' comments. I agree a 47 year old has plenty of good years ahead of him, but why was the phrase 'young and hungry' not applied to O'Sullivan? He's only 48

I am pulling for Kingston to succeed as much as the next guy and have heard some good things, but I'm just curious as to where we're hearing the 'young and hungry' and 'relentless recruiting' stuff from. He had a great 2015 class, but aside from that, not so great. Obviously realize he's recruiting to a much smaller school with slightly less baseball tradition.

USF Recruiting Classes according to Perfect Game-

2017- 72nd
2016- 55th
2015- 4th- incredibly impressive

Last edited:
yall wont let Ray run the train or even ring the bell but let the train jump the track and see who catches hell

Can you cite examples of my being a crybaby/not meeting your standards of fandom?

I was just trying to understand the 'young and hungry' comments. I agree a 47 year old has plenty of good years ahead of him, but why was the phrase 'young and hungry' not applied to O'Sullivan? He's only 48

I am pulling for Kingston to succeed as much as the next guy and have heard some good things, but I'm just curious as to where we're hearing the 'young and hungry' and 'relentless recruiting' stuff from. He had a great 2015 class, but aside from that, not so great. Obviously realize he's recruiting to a much smaller school with slightly less baseball tradition.

USF Recruiting Classes according to Perfect Game-

2017- 72nd
2016- 55th
2015- 4th- incredibly impressive

O'Sullivan is 50

O'Sullivan is 50

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT