ADVERTISEMENT

What has disappointed you the most in the Muschamp era ..

Well four years in and we will still be looking at someone to rebuild the program. Would have been better to take a shot on potential rather than recycled failure.
I can't argue on WM's behalf, but there is a reason Riley didn't take the Dallas Cowboys job.

Oh! Cmon now no need to be so touchy. Look at the questions that you keep asking? Vision, market value??? Should you not be able to figure this out yourself
See this is where you come off as an Ahole... He never SAID he was unable to figure out what a fair market value was or that he did not know what an AD’s vision for a program should be, he simply asked you for your opinion on what those should be. You attacked him for it. As an impartial
observer- He is right, you came off looking like a tool.

Well four years in and we will still be looking at someone to rebuild the program. Would have been better to take a shot on potential rather than recycled failure.
..And if we had hired Riley and he had one bad season, plenty of fans would be here blaming Ray for not getting someone with experience. Fans are only pleased by one thing- wins. If Muschamp wins 10 games in our next season all the malcontents will be saying how they were die hard fans all along and never doubted him for a second.

Reactions: Expro19
..And if we had hired Riley and he had one bad season, plenty of fans would be here blaming Ray for not getting someone with experience. Fans are only pleased by one thing- wins. If Muschamp wins 10 games in our next season all the malcontents will be saying how they were die hard fans all along and never doubted him for a second.
Well not a lot of risk in that happening.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Well not a lot of risk in that happening.
You never know... He won 9 games just two year ago. Ling forgotten obviously, but that was the last team he had that stayed relatively healthy... A bit of good luck in the coming season could out us right back in that 8-9 wins range... A bunch of bad luck like we had last year and we could LOSE 8-9 again.. Football is about talent and coaching but it has a lot to do with luck in regard to injury as well. I have never seen a team get hammered by injuries the way we did last year. Short of that Marshall team where they all died in a plane crash I can seriously not think of a FB I know of that ever lost their entire 2-3 deep on offense for at least portions of the season. I think we lost 5-6 WRs at various points... It was just unbelievable! Who knows what that team does last year with reasonable health. 7 wins easy IMO. Yeah they lost to UNC before injuries struck, but they also beat UGA after that so everything was possible...

Reactions: Expro19
You never know... He won 9 games just two year ago. Ling forgotten obviously, but that was the last team he had that stayed relatively healthy... A bit of good luck in the coming season could out us right back in that 8-9 wins range... A bunch of bad luck like we had last year and we could LOSE 8-9 again.. Football is about talent and coaching but it has a lot to do with luck in regard to injury as well. I have never seen a team get hammered by injuries the way we did last year. Short of that Marshall team where they all died in a plane crash I can seriously not think of a FB I know of that ever lost their entire 2-3 deep on offense for at least portions of the season. I think we lost 5-6 WRs at various points... It was just unbelievable! Who knows what that team does last year with reasonable health. 7 wins easy IMO. Yeah they lost to UNC before injuries struck, but they also beat UGA after that so everything was possible...
Sure you have. You saw it here the year before on the defensive side. You also saw it under Muschamp at Florida.

When the same issues keep arising under the same coach (injuries, crappy and ineffective offenses, horrible game day coaching, etc.), it's hard for people to keep chalking it up to mere bad luck. Instead, it looks like a pattern that we are doomed to repeat the longer we keep him here.

Muschamp winning 10 games? This is a suspension of reality. No credibility here!

Did I offend you by stating why Muschamp will never succeed here!

Last edited:
I think the problem is that there was a shot at Lincoln Riley but the AD decided that he had to have someone with HC experience. That decision right there is enough to show he had no business as AD. If you aren’t interested in finding the right guy only what you think is a safe guy then you’re indicating your target is mediocrity.

Riley might’ve been a great choice.

Or he might’ve been a disaster.

Muschamp had to completely rebuild every single aspect of our program, from recruiting to evaluation to social media to high school relations. Every single aspect of our program was stuck in an early 90’s time warp.

Riley didn’t have to do any of that, he stepped directly into leading a blue blood program. If he’d flopped here Tanner would’ve been blamed for hiring an inexperienced guy.

Oh I will and I have. I just thought you’d be intellectual enough to share well thought out perspectives. Yet alas.

He can’t. Neither can the other complainers.

All they have to lean on is that Spurrier had 3 really good seasons immediately after contemplating quitting because his ego was bruised, we got very lucky in recruiting with a handful of guys, and Muschamp will never be successful here because he had to clean up a criminal program at UF.

They’re butthurt because Smart went home to UGA, and Herman had no intention of coming here knowing Charlie was dead man walking at UT.

He can’t. Neither can the other complainers.

All they have to lean on is that Spurrier had 3 really good seasons immediately after contemplating quitting because his ego was bruised, we got very lucky in recruiting with a handful of guys, and Muschamp will never be successful here because he had to clean up a criminal program at UF.

They’re butthurt because Smart went home to UGA, and Herman had no intention of coming here knowing Charlie was dead man walking at UT.
Always an excuse. If he had half the success that he had excuses we’d be a contender.

See this is where you come off as an Ahole... He never SAID he was unable to figure out what a fair market value was or that he did not know what an AD’s vision for a program should be, he simply asked you for your opinion on what those should be. You attacked him for it. As an impartial
IMO, always better to be specific, e.g.,what does market/vision mean to you?

I think Will is getting a little too much blame for not being able to fix everything immediately. It will take time, accept that. You are a better program now, than when he took over. The overwhelming angst among the fan base comes from this.

"
Muschamp is not responsible for Clemson winning football games. Spurrier allowed the talent level to drop, and didn't stick around to build it back up. Muschamp has improved the talent level since he's been there. He deserves criticism for not preparing the team for the Virginia Belk Bowl, but last year's bad season was facilitated by key injuries for the most part and a a really tough schedule. Unless you have a sure fire replacement lined up, IMHO you should support him and stay the course.

Last edited:

You never really answered my question. Something you accused me off. From your posts you appear to be very supportive of Muschamp. Am I right in assuming this? You said he could surprise and win 10 games? 10 games? If you said 6-7 that would be more realistic and in my mind that too would be a stretch in WM’s case.

His teams are unprepared. Look at Virginia, play not to lose (UNC), poor in game management (Louisiana Tech, UF, etc), offenses crumble in the 4Q. He has run through a battery of OCs. At some point we have to see the problem for what it is. Muschamp himself. He is known to be a micro manager and cannot take his hands off the offense. Ferocious micromanager. I would have expected his defenses to be stellar, but they are average at best.

He has had a lot of talent, but player development is not as good as it should be. My heart goes out to the players who commit to us, because they take on do much risk by opting to work with WM. Anyway, it looks like his 4-8 season is catching up with him. Even Ole Miss would fire a coach after a 4-8 season, or Miss State. Our problems are compounded because RT is tied to the hip with WM. If WM fails RT goes too.

Gamecock football is in a very tenuous position. In all honesty we are in bad shape even if we fire Muschamp. The next coach needs at least 2-3 years to build this back again.

YEP!

Over the hill Mack Brown made more progress in one year than Champ has made in 4 years or how ever many its been. Seems like a century.
Nope, I know all of you love you some Mack Brown but y'all seem to forget he lost to that same Appalachian St. Team we did. He also lost to Wake Forest... Let's see what he does this year. Muschamp won 9 games in year 2. Your post is just false.

Nope, I know all of you love you some Mack Brown but y'all seem to forget he lost to that same Appalachian St. Team we did. He also lost to Wake Forest... Let's see what he does this year. Muschamp won 9 games in year 2. Your post is just false.
It's not about "loving" Mack Brown so much as it is about pointing out the many obvious faults that define Muschamp-coached teams.

As for the comparison between the two, I would think losing to App St. in Year 1 is more forgivable than losing to them in Year 4 with your self-proclaimed "best" team. Not to mention Brown beat Muschamp team (lead by a senior QB) with a freshman QB in his first game back.

On the recruiting front, there is no comparison. Brown has UNC ranked number three -- in FOOTBALL-- in 24/7 sports. We aren't even currently in the top 50. So much for that ice cream to eskimos baloney.

Reactions: ddw1263 and SOSUSC
It's not about "loving" Mack Brown so much as it is about pointing out the many obvious faults that define Muschamp-coached teams.

As for the comparison between the two, I would think losing to App St. in Year 1 is more forgivable than losing to them in Year 4 with your self-proclaimed "best" team. Not to mention Brown beat Muschamp team (lead by a senior QB) with a freshman QB in his first game back.

On the recruiting front, there is no comparison. Brown has UNC ranked number three -- in FOOTBALL-- in 24/7 sports. We aren't even currently in the top 50. So much for that ice cream to eskimos baloney.
Recruiting isn't over with yet and the poster said that Mack Brown has accomplished more in year 1 than WM has in 4. That's what I responded to. It's just not true yet. He hasn't accomplished jack jack doodoo yet.

Muschamp's failure to act like a complete, unadorned idiot in order to keep up with Dabo on Tic Tok.

Recruiting isn't over with yet and the poster said that Mack Brown has accomplished more in year 1 than WM has in 4. That's what I responded to. It's just not true yet. He hasn't accomplished jack jack doodoo yet.
The fact that he is already in the top 5 in his 2nd year says a lot about what he is doing compared to Muschamp. When is the last time Muschamp has even sniffed the top 10 with us? Also, the fact that he beat us head to head in his 1st game back still says a lot, considering it was Muschamp's 4 season. Not to mention it was his return to the scene of that embarrassing game against Virginia.

Reactions: ddw1263 and SOSUSC
The fact that he is already in the top 5 in his 2nd year says a lot about what he is doing compared to Muschamp. When is the last time Muschamp has even sniffed the top 10 with us? Also, the fact that he beat us head to head in his 1st game back still says a lot, considering it was Muschamp's 4 season. Not to mention it was his return to the scene of that embarrassing game against Virginia.
Top 5? Did I miss something? Top 5 in what, recruiting, in May,.... Top 5 in recruiting in May wins you 0 games. I am one that hopes he can start competing with Clemson soon but anointing him now is silly. ASU and Wake and others say catch up to me first.

Top 5? Did I miss something? Top 5 in what, recruiting, in May,.... Top 5 in recruiting in May wins you 0 games. I am one that hopes he can start competing with Clemson soon but anointing him now is silly. ASU and Wake and others say catch up to me first.
And again. When has Muschamp gotten anywhere close to that, at any time? He hasn't. It's really not surprising that he's not even in the top 50 right now. That's what finishing 4-8 with your "best" team does for you.

And again. When has Muschamp gotten anywhere close to that, at any time? He hasn't. It's really not surprising that he's not even in the top 50 right now. That's what finishing 4-8 with your "best" team does for you.
Muschamp won 9 games. Has Mack did that yet. Has Mack beaten a too 5 team yet.. It's May, we will be in the top 20 in January in recruiting, just like always. Alabama isn't in the top 20 right now. It's too early to even suggest that our recruiting is going to be horrible this year. I'll bet you anything you want that we will be right where we usually are in recruiting. We just have to hope that the new coaching hires work. If they don't then he will be fired, if they do then great we can find something else to bitch about to pass our time.

Muschamp won 9 games. Has Mack did that yet. Has Mack beaten a too 5 team yet.. It's May, we will be in the top 20 in January in recruiting, just like always. Alabama isn't in the top 20 right now. It's too early to even suggest that our recruiting is going to be horrible this year. I'll bet you anything you want that we will be right where we usually are in recruiting. We just have to hope that the new coaching hires work. If they don't then he will be fired, if they do then great we can find something else to bitch about to pass our time.
I'm not even going to rehash the smokescreen of the 9 win season or the fluke against Georgia.

But Mack Brown has a history of winning at different schools, including a national title. Muschamp has 8 years of barely mediocre-to-poor results as a resume. Don't pretend like the 4-8 finish coupled with his previous poor results aren't hurting us right now. Not only are opposing coaches pointing it out to recruits, but those recruits can see it for themselves.

Muschamp has dug himself a hole. And he's got a long way to go before he gets out of it.

I'm not even going to rehash the smokescreen of the 9 win season or the fluke against Georgia.

But Mack Brown has a history of winning at different schools, including a national title. Muschamp has 8 years of barely mediocre-to-poor results as a resume. Don't pretend like the 4-8 finish coupled with his previous poor results aren't hurting us right now. Not only are opposing coaches pointing it out to recruits, but those recruits can see it for themselves.

Muschamp has dug himself a hole. And he's got a long way to go before he gets out of it.
You do know it took Mack Brown 5 years to win 9 games when he started at UNC. Will Muschamp first 4 years here destroys Mack Browns first 4 years at UNC. They gave him time and on that 5th year he went 9-3, 6th year 10-3, 8-4,... Regardless of what you feel about him now, he was not as good as Muschamp was his first 4 years. Also Muschamp is in the SEC. Give WM this year with his new hires and see if he has changed. It's not doing anything but hurting us when people bash the program because he's not going to be fired yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT