ADVERTISEMENT

What has disappointed you the most in the Muschamp era ..

You do know it took Mack Brown 5 years to win 9 games when he started at UNC. Will Muschamp first 4 years here destroys Mack Browns first 4 years at UNC. They gave him time and on that 5th year he went 9-3, 6th year 10-3, 8-4,... Regardless of what you feel about him now, he was not as good as Muschamp was his first 4 years. Also Muschamp is in the SEC. Give WM this year with his new hires and see if he has changed. It's not doing anything but hurting us when people bash the program because he's not going to be fired yet.
Whatever you say. Mack is regarded as a winner and Muschamp is not. What people say or don't say about Muschamp on a discussion board isn't going to help or hurt the program. On field results do. And like I said, 4-8.

Reactions: ddw1263
You do know it took Mack Brown 5 years to win 9 games when he started at UNC. Will Muschamp first 4 years here destroys Mack Browns first 4 years at UNC. They gave him time and on that 5th year he went 9-3, 6th year 10-3, 8-4,... Regardless of what you feel about him now, he was not as good as Muschamp was his first 4 years. Also Muschamp is in the SEC. Give WM this year with his new hires and see if he has changed. It's not doing anything but hurting us when people bash the program because he's not going to be fired yet.
The main difference is Brown started off with his worst records while he got his own players and system in place. Muschamp has now in multiple stops started off with his best records under the previous staff’s players and gotten worse as he’s gotten his players and system in place. It’s one thing to struggle then improve and another to get progressively worse the longer you are around.

Whatever you say. Mack is regarded as a winner and Muschamp is not. What people say or don't say about Muschamp on a discussion board isn't going to help or hurt the program. On field results do. And like I said, 4-8.
What you say here can only hurt if anything. It can't help it can only hurt. Not saying it is or isn't. My point is Mack was not considered a winner until he started actually winning. Wasn't a whole lot of people saying Mack Brown was a winner after 1-10 and 1-10 in his first 2 years. They gave him a chance and in his 5th year he won 9 games. Give Muschamp another chance, he may surprise some. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
The main difference is Brown started off with his worst records while he got his own players and system in place. Muschamp has now in multiple stops started off with his best records under the previous staff’s players and gotten worse as he’s gotten his players and system in place. It’s one thing to struggle then improve and another to get progressively worse the longer you are around.
That's just not true.. He had a bad season no way around it but he won 6 games, 9 games, 7 games, 4 games. We all know what happened last year and with a competent play caller the results would have been different. I know he hired him but he also made the change this off season. We have talent on both sides of the ball, let's see if he gets out of the way and Bobo gets us rolling. Bitching and complaining about our coach and firing him every day on the board can only hurt us because it changes nothing this year. He's our coach, this year like it or not.

That's just not true.. He had a bad season no way around it but he won 6 games, 9 games, 7 games, 4 games. We all know what happened last year and with a competent play caller the results would have been different. I know he hired him but he also made the change this off season. We have talent on both sides of the ball, let's see if he gets out of the way and Bobo gets us rolling. Bitching and complaining about our coach and firing him every day on the board can only hurt us because it changes nothing this year. He's our coach, this year like it or not.
It’s is true. At both jobs his performance has gotten worse the longer he had. Could it turn around? Absolutely. Could it keep getting worse? Absolutely.

Either way your post made me think of Spanky.

I was was one of the doom and gloom guys that thought this hire was a disaster from the start but I feel like we gave this guy the benefit of a doubt . What area are you most disappointed in :

1. Recruiting
2. Player Development
3. Conditioning
4. Gameday coaching
5. Coaching Hires
6. Offensive Identity
7. Defensive Gameplanning

Etc etc etc .... just interested what everyone’s take is

#6 & 7. Okay I wasn't surprised at the offense but it has been gosh awful. But with his "reputation as a defensive guru" I have been stunned over the defense and he has had some decent players on defense.

It’s is true. At both jobs his performance has gotten worse the longer he had. Could it turn around? Absolutely. Could it keep getting worse? Absolutely.

Either way your post made me think of Spanky.
Compare Mack Browns first 8 years of Coaching and Will Muschamps first 8 years. That's the only fair comparison...
Mack Brown: 1-10.....4-7....6-6 CUSA
1-10.....1-10....6-4....7-4..
9-3...ACC
WILL Muschamp:. 7-6....11-2...4-8....6-5
6-6....9-4....7-6....4-8 all in the SEC... Y'all can continue to say Mack Brown is a winner and a National Championship coach and that's awesome but in his first 8 years as a coach it looks like he was trying to figure out things also. Give Muschamp this year, I think he's going to surprise some

I was was one of the doom and gloom guys that thought this hire was a disaster from the start but I feel like we gave this guy the benefit of a doubt . What area are you most disappointed in :

1. Recruiting
2. Player Development
3. Conditioning
4. Gameday coaching
5. Coaching Hires
6. Offensive Identity

Muschamp has been the biggest disappointment to me. That summarizes all seven.

Compare Mack Browns first 8 years of Coaching and Will Muschamps first 8 years. That's the only fair comparison...
Mack Brown: 1-10.....4-7....6-6 CUSA
1-10.....1-10....6-4....7-4..
9-3...ACC
WILL Muschamp:. 7-6....11-2...4-8....6-5
6-6....9-4....7-6....4-8 all in the SEC... Y'all can continue to say Mack Brown is a winner and a National Championship coach and that's awesome but in his first 8 years as a coach it looks like he was trying to figure out things also. Give Muschamp this year, I think he's going to surprise some
So you think that taking over a Tulane program 3 years removed from a winning season is the same as taking over a Florida program 2 years removed from a National Championship?

So you think that taking over a Tulane program 3 years removed from a winning season is the same as taking over a Florida program 2 years removed from a National Championship?
Are you saying that winning at Tulane in that Conference is harder than winning at Florida in the SEC. Everyone knows the culture that Urban Meyer left .. it's been well documented. I'm saying give him a chance this year to fix it because it's taken plenty of good coaches years to figure it out.

There’s no point in doing anything right now except sitting back and enjoying whatever football we get.

Nope, I know all of you love you some Mack Brown but y'all seem to forget he lost to that same Appalachian St. Team we did. He also lost to Wake Forest... Let's see what he does this year. Muschamp won 9 games in year 2. Your post is just false.
That was with Spurrier players I believe. His best years has been with Spurriers recruits so maybe the cupboard wasnt as empty as it is now

Are you saying that winning at Tulane in that Conference is harder than winning at Florida in the SEC. Everyone knows the culture that Urban Meyer left .. it's been well documented. I'm saying give him a chance this year to fix it because it's taken plenty of good coaches years to figure it out.
I’m saying it’s much easier to convince players to come to Florida than it is to Tulane. Say what you want about the “culture” Muschamp continued to pull top recruiting classes but couldn’t develop them on the field. Yes it should be easier to win the in the SEC with top 5 recruiting classes but he couldn’t. You are right that some guys take a little longer to figure it out but some guys also never do. I don’t care how nice of a guy he is or how much of a reputation he has as a coordinator and a recruiter none of that means he has what it takes to be a HC. We can all wish for a different result but the odds aren’t in our favor.

What you say here can only hurt if anything. It can't help it can only hurt. Not saying it is or isn't. My point is Mack was not considered a winner until he started actually winning. Wasn't a whole lot of people saying Mack Brown was a winner after 1-10 and 1-10 in his first 2 years. They gave him a chance and in his 5th year he won 9 games. Give Muschamp another chance, he may surprise some. If he doesn't, he doesn't.
If discussion boards actually hurt their programs, every single team in the country's would be hurt. Any notion to the contrary is ridiculous.

Regarding your second point, Dizzy nailed it. Mack got progressively better. Muschamp has done nothing but get worse the longer he's been here -- just like Florida.

If discussion boards actually hurt their programs, every single team in the country's would be hurt. Any notion to the contrary is ridiculous.

Regarding your second point, Dizzy nailed it. Mack got progressively better. Muschamp has done nothing but get worse the longer he's been here -- just like Florida.
It's easy to get progressively better than 1-10... Jesus... Y'all do you. I'm not going to argue with people who don't except the facts .. I layed them down. Muschamp has been considerably better than Mack Brown his first 8 years. Sorry if it goes against your hate Muschamp narrative... He's yours and my coach this year, no amount of bitching and complaining is going to change that fact. It's just funny how y'all can be Ok with Mack's 1st 8 years and blast WM for his when he is statistically better. I will support him another year and hope he gets it done with the new hire.... You do you, have fun

That's not what I said. I said it can ONLY hurt us it doesn't help. FYI recruits look at these boards to see if they get mentioned and what people think of them. They have eggs and they are reading these boards. To think they aren't is just wrong.

That's not what I said. I said it can ONLY hurt us it doesn't help. FYI recruits look at these boards to see if they get mentioned and what people think of them. They have eggs and they are reading these boards. To think they aren't is just wrong.
And what I said was essentially that ALL discussion boards have fans that aren't happy with their program -- even schools like Alabama. When a program is trending downward (like ours is), there will naturally be a lot more unhappy fans.

I'm addressing both of your posts because I'm tired of going over it. But you obviously don't recognize the irony of chastising us for supposedly not accepting facts when you clearly can't recognize the fact that Muschamp is one game over .500 here, has a poor track record of building a program, developing talent, and simply winning big games.

No one here is in love with Mack Brown. But to act act like he isn't clearly a better, more successful coach than Muschamp is just asinine. We are trending downward by almost every measurable standard, while Brown is doing the opposite.

And what I said was essentially that ALL discussion boards have fans that aren't happy with their program -- even schools like Alabama. When a program is trending downward (like ours is), there will naturally be a lot more unhappy fans.

I'm addressing both of your posts because I'm tired of going over it. But you obviously don't recognize the irony of chastising us for supposedly not accepting facts when you clearly can't recognize the fact that Muschamp is one game over .500 here, has a poor track record of building a program, developing talent, and simply winning big games.

No one here is in love with Mack Brown. But to act act like he isn't clearly a better, more successful coach than Muschamp is just asinine. We are trending downward by almost every measurable standard, while Brown is doing the opposite.
I compared the first 8 years dude. Of course he is a successful coach but he damn sure wasn't his first 8 years. Hindsight is 20/20. Mack Brown would have been fired here if you hold him to the same standard. Muschamp had an awful year last year but up until then everyone was saying if he could just get his offense going we may be alright. Well he made a terrible hire last year but corrected it this year, hopefully. I'm not going to argue with you who's better right now, of course it's MB but it took him 8 years to even be average all I'm saying is give Muschamp his eighth year and if it doesn't change then scream fire all you want.. PS... If you are tired of responding, DON'T.

I compared the first 8 years dude. Of course he is a successful coach but he damn sure wasn't his first 8 years. Hindsight is 20/20. Mack Brown would have been fired here if you hold him to the same standard. Muschamp had an awful year last year but up until then everyone was saying if he could just get his offense going we may be alright. Well he made a terrible hire last year but corrected it this year, hopefully. I'm not going to argue with you who's better right now, of course it's MB but it took him 8 years to even be average all I'm saying is give Muschamp his eighth year and if it doesn't change then scream fire all you want.. PS... If you are tired of responding, DON'T.
Well, I'm glad to see you finally acknowledged the obvious of who is a better coach. Regarding my being tired of responding, it's a little amusing to watch you just have to get the last word in. Like you will now. Peace!

He cut his teeth under Mack Brown and really should have weathered the storm in Texas and assumed the job there. But, he opted for the UF job thinking he could easily recruit Florida and he did okay but he was set up at Texas already. Never leave a sure thing for a job that you have no relationships in with area coaches, etc. I heard on several occasions the Miami area programs were ignoring his phone calls about certain athletes.

Reactions: Expro19

another difference is Brown is the exception to the rule not the norm. Will has had plenty of time to prove himself as a HC. He’s failed miserably up to this point. Only the optimists continue to have hope he’ll turn it around. I admire that, but part of it I also think they are a little bit senile.

The problem with Muschamp is that he does not learn from his mistakes. Same mistajes
Well, I'm glad to see you finally acknowledged the obvious of who is a better coach. Regarding my being tired of responding, it's a little amusing to watch you just have to get the last word in. Like you will now. Peace!
another difference is Brown is the exception to the rule not the norm. Will has had plenty of time to prove himself as a HC. He’s failed miserably up to this point. Only the optimists continue to have hope he’ll turn it around. I admire that, but part of it I also think they are a little bit senile.

Unfortunately, for the reasons I outlined earlier, Muschamp and Tanner are both ill suited for their current roles.

1. Recruiting
2. Player Development
3. Conditioning
4. Gameday coaching
5. Coaching Hires
6. Offensive Identity

It really all boils down to #8 which is Ray Tanner. He is the boss and in charge and he as allowed this to go on. The decline of our program since 2013 is staggering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT