ADVERTISEMENT

What has disappointed you the most in the Muschamp era ..

Voluminous retort to have me say that, if APP State was better than us in any aspect, they shouldn't have been. If our strength and conditioning is substandard so that our injuries are excessive, it shouldn't be. We've been in the SEC long enough to never lose at home to a Group of Five school. Beyond that, Wolford's unit's output has been spotty at best. That is all for now.
I fully agree with you. We Should never lose to a Group Of Five school, period!!

Reactions: king ward
How long has he been here? 4 years, I'll hold off on any possible negative opinions until the END of next year.

Why hold off for next year?? It is obvious the guy is a very poor HC - see UF and USC. That is 8 long years. Forget it.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Why hold off for next year?? It is obvious the guy is a very poor HC - see UF and USC. That is 8 long years. Forget it.

Maybe there’s no other coaches on the market. Maybe the cost of the buyout is too excessive now. Maybe the pandemic has affected how business is being done. Maybe we will be in position to get a better hire next year.

Reactions: atl-cock
Maybe there’s no other coaches on the market. Maybe the cost of the buyout is too excessive now. Maybe the pandemic has affected how business is being done. Maybe we will be in position to get a better hire next year.

I will reply to your post. But you need to read my reply and the post I was replying to. You misunderstood the context of my reply.

Now to your post. Yes, because of the pandemic we are forced to hold off. There are other coaches who will come if we can find an AD who has a vision and is willing to pay market.

Last edited:

When I said why hold off until next year I was replying to a post talking about opinion about Muschamp. The poster said he/she will not opine about Muschamp’s success until the end of this season. I said no need to wait. Muschamp is not going to get it done - not tomorrow, not this year, not next year, not ever, with or without Bobo. He is not just bad but a control freak.

Read my reply and the post I was replying too.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I will reply to your post. But you need to read my reply and the post I was replying to. You misunderstood the context of my reply.

Now to your post. Yes, because of the pandemic we are forced to hold off. There are other coaches who will come if we can find an AD who has a vision and is willing to pay market.

What do you mean by willing to pay market and having a vision?

Maybe the new hires turn out to be home runs and Muschamp and USC become the new Ed O. And LSU.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
No, you've done that plenty. But if really don't know what paying market value is, then you weren't just trolling when you said you didn't get my earlier analogy.

Reactions: SOSUSC
What do you mean by willing to pay market value and having a vision? I’m legitimately curious what you mean. Unless that other guy speaks for you.

Do you know what a vision statement is? In this instance a vision to be a top notch athletic program in the SEC and nationally.

I am curious as to why you do not understand what a vision for a college athletic program should be? Seriously why ask such a basic question? Are you being facetious?

Do you know what a vision statement is? In this instance a vision to be a top notch athletic program in the SEC and nationally.

I am curious as to what you do to not understand what a vision for a college athletic program should be? Seriously why ask such a basic question? Are you being facetious?

I was just trying to get some insight into what you thought. So, how about market value. What would suggest there?

I thought Muschamp was a bad hire to begin with. So, I'm not surprised in the results. I did think when he was hired, that he would leave the next coach with a lot of talent. I was wrong about that. Consequently, Muschamp's recruiting has been the big disappointment in his time here. Thus, the Muschamp hire is looking to have been a monumental error in judgment.

Who did you want to hire? I thought he was the best we could do, at the time. I don’t want to hear fairy tales about Tom Herman and Kirby Smart. Herman flat did not want to come here. No amount of money would have convinced him. Smart might have come here to wait for the GA job; But, Moma called. I am not sure who was available for us at that time. Maybe you can fill me in.

Reactions: atl-cock
Who did you want to hire? I thought he was the best we could do, at the time. I don’t want to hear fairy tales about Tom Herman and Kirby Smart. Herman flat did not want to come here. No amount of money would have convinced him. Smart might have come here to wait for the GA job; But, Moma called. I am not sure who was available for us at that time. Maybe you can fill me in.
I think the problem is that there was a shot at Lincoln Riley but the AD decided that he had to have someone with HC experience. That decision right there is enough to show he had no business as AD. If you aren’t interested in finding the right guy only what you think is a safe guy then you’re indicating your target is mediocrity.

I think the problem is that there was a shot at Lincoln Riley but the AD decided that he had to have someone with HC experience. That decision right there is enough to show he had no business as AD. If you aren’t interested in finding the right guy only what you think is a safe guy then you’re indicating your target is mediocrity.
Riley's not a great head coach either, IMO (good-great OC) but Okie has a great program and he's not having to rebuild anything there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT