ADVERTISEMENT

What is it that sets Saban appart?

Funny...I was talking to a bunch og UGA fans before the game and they seemed extremely optimistic. I reminded them that most UGA fans and the media had written him off...bad mistake. Just don't poke the lion. As I left the bar I just calmly said this is what happens when you piss off Saban

Reactions: chief2791
A ruthless focus on perfection. HE does not let anyone or anything get in the way. Many coaches have been through the system, and only one has been able to beat him (one time). No matter the coordinator or assistants, they win. There aren't any real trade secrets here. There is just a lack of people with that kind of focus and devotion to perfection. Probably not a lot of fun to be around during the process. But everyone loves to be around for the result. But the recruiting pitch is easy. Come here and you'll be more prepared for the NFL than you will be at any other program. If you're not willing to make the sacrifices to get there, plenty of other guys are. Sign here.

college equivalent of Belichick, but Belichick is better

Belichick is the best. He had to deal with the salary cap and parody.

That is why Saban left the pros after 2 years. You can't just stockpile the best talent in the NFL.

I think there's more to it than most want to admit.....

1) Saban wears red
2) Satan, also red
3) Names are just too close to be ignored
D) Coincidence? I think NOT!

He is the most hands on take ownership coach in the business. On both sides of the ball. He expects that effort from all players and coaches. He is always the least liked head coach in anonymous surveys of assistant coaches, Oh, and he recruits great players, and then improves their skills dramatically.

He gets top talent and that talent respects him. Then he takes that talent and makes them better. 99% of other coaches can’t do all of that, they can only do some of it. He also could care less who is on other sideline, it’s those other coaches that care about him and give him space in their heads.
How much less do you think he could care who is on the other sideline?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT