ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of raise does Muschamp get after season?

If I'm Ray I tell him "beat Clemson and I'll cut you a check for a cool $100,000". Other than that I don't see the need for a raise yet. Now, next year if we continue to trend upward then we can start talking extension and raises.

Will Muschamp could win the next 3 games, and I can promise you, Will Muschamp this year, will not be in any conversations about any other coaching openings this year.

I see no reason to raise his salary this year..he is under contract at current salary structure

Reactions: 92Pony
He will make just one phone call to Ray....

giphy.gif

Will Muschamp could win the next 3 games, and I can promise you, Will Muschamp this year, will not be in any conversations about any other coaching openings this year.

I see no reason to raise his salary this year..he is under contract at current salary structure
I didn't say it was necessarily merited-just wouldn't be surprised by it. A lot of coaches get raises and new extensions when they're still under an old contract.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Yeah, I don't see any reason to be throwing around raises just yet.

Hey, look, we agree on something.

Skip back to Hyman and his extensions to Odom and Horn. That cost USC money on buy outs that had no business being done.

I could see a contract extension if he wins 8 plus a bowl. 9 wins means something around here...like it or not. He may get 1 year extension with just 8 wins. Assistant coaches will get raises.....except one or 2.

Don't know if it is or not, but it should be part of the structure of his (or ANY HBC at SC) - beat clem and tack a $100k bonus onto your salary....or more.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: GC2020
He should get a raise, but not anything huge. The problem I have with schools and fans is a coach comes in and in year 1 or 2 ,he is able to turn things around quickly. And people want to sign him to a big deal. I say let's see how it looks after 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: E-Cut_22

If Muschamp gets us to 10-3, it will be one of the best turnarounds in college football history. Many so-called experts had us going 4-8. I define that as better than expected performance, which should be rewarded. A raise would be perfectly acceptable. There would be some buzz around Champ and a coaching opening here and there.

Reactions: rogue cock
If Muschamp gets us to 10-3, it will be one of the best turnarounds in college football history. Many so-called experts had us going 4-8. I define that as better than expected performance, which should be rewarded. A raise would be perfectly acceptable. There would be some buzz around Champ and a coaching opening here and there.

Again disagree , 10-3 would not get muschamp any buzz about job opening ...

Give him what he wants or we can go back to hiring old broken down hall of fame coaches.

Again disagree , 10-3 would not get muschamp any buzz about job opening ...
That's just being naive. 10-3 would definitely get some buzz, whether there's any merit to it or not.
Not sure how long his contract is, but with 9 wins, a raise and an extension of his contract would be plausible. It could help on the recruiting trail, as well as recognize our commitment to him for his accomplishments so far. Not saying to throw the bank at him just validate our loyalty

That's just being naive. 10-3 would definitely get some buzz, whether there's any merit to it or not.
Not sure how long his contract is, but with 9 wins, a raise and an extension of his contract would be plausible. It could help on the recruiting trail, as well as recognize our commitment to him for his accomplishments so far. Not saying to throw the bank at him just validate our loyalty

no buzz..nope you're being ..well i for once have no words

A 10-3 Carolina team, with wins over a #2 clempson and ranked bowl opponent, thus finishing the season ranked in the top 15, would undoubtedly create buzz. The media pundits would say "Muschamp defied the odds and rose from the ashes", "Florida never should have fired him in the first place", "the guy is a tireless recruiter", "given what he inherited, tremendous job", "if he can do that at Carolina, imagine what he could do at _______________", etc. Not so far fetched after all...but, got to win those games first!

Reactions: rogue cock
I don't recall anyone in the CFB world suggesting a 4-8 season, I could be wrong?? Unless you are referring to the ultimate pessimists on this board. Most CFB persons were saying 7-5 and 6-6 which is where most on this board suggested as well. Excluding the sunshine pumpers who suggested 12-0, 11-1 of course.

I don't recall anyone in the CFB world suggesting a 4-8 season, I could be wrong?? Unless you are referring to the ultimate pessimists on this board. Most CFB persons were saying 7-5 and 6-6 which is where most on this board suggested as well. Excluding the sunshine pumpers who suggested 12-0, 11-1 of course.
SEC network had us going 4-8 I believe.

Muschamp has 1 win over a team with a winning record and that was nc state and the first game of the year. He has Clemson and a bowl team left.

He will likely finish his first 2 years at USC with a 14-11 record and we are giving extensions and a pay raise?

14-11 gets you fired at Florida, not here though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT