ADVERTISEMENT

What Nevada must feel like right about now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeCocky77

Sep 21, 2020
giphy.gif

I notice that too, is the remaining states waiting to see if they can be the one state that put the candidate over?

Talked to my sister this afternoon, who lives in Carson City, Nevada. As for the remaining votes (considering north state counties vs. south counties, absentee mail-in numbers and so forth), her opinion is that Biden will grow his lead. Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing along information from someone on the ground there who follows the state politics.

Talked to my sister this afternoon, who lives in Carson City, Nevada. As for the remaining votes (considering north state counties vs. south counties, absentee mail-in numbers and so forth), her opinion is that Biden will grow his lead. Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing along information from someone on the ground there who follows the state politics.

Well, yeah, Clark County is where a lot of the votes are and that's a democrat stronghold.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It seems trump will lose but as long as republicans keep control of senate then Biden and Harris will be kept in check. Judging by number of house seats that surprisingly went back to republican i think the dems are in for big loses in next 2-4 yrs. From all indications, the next republican près candidates are Nikki Haley as pres and Crenshaw as VP. (Retired navy seal). That’s a strong ticket there.

Biden and McConnell will be doing a lot of compromising for the good of the country to move it forward. They are friends going back to the 1980s. In contrast, Obama had been in the Senate only a couple of years. He and McConnell hardly knew each other. There will be some compromises I will have a hard time swallowing. But I will because "compromise" is not a four-letter word to me. Don't be shocked if Biden keeps McConnell's wife on in his cabinet, IF Biden has indeed won.

It seems trump will lose but as long as republicans keep control of senate then Biden and Harris will be kept in check. Judging by number of house seats that surprisingly went back to republican i think the dems are in for big loses in next 2-4 yrs. From all indications, the next republican près candidates are Nikki Haley as pres and Crenshaw as VP. (Retired navy seal). That’s a strong ticket there.

Well it was a great opportunity to solve a problem as effectively as other world leaders.

And yeah, it was truly trashy to hear a President openly speculate about 401(k)s.

I know it's not over yet, though.
When you have only 4% of the world's population but 20% of the world's deaths due to covid, the leader is going to pay a price. When you have 732 deaths per 1 million people due to covid while your next door neighbor (Canada) has just 278 deaths per 1 million people, people know what's going on.

I think Nikki Haley would be great. . Only negative I have with her was her college choice!

I'm not saying Trump has lost, BUT, if he has, Covid did him in.
Some of his aides have said privately that they tried to get him to take the Covid seriously with the American public. But his gut told him to play it down...and he went with his gut!

Consider this as i just heard on a talking head show. If Trump loses this election then he will try to run in 2024.

Reactions: redrogers
I'm not yet declaring Biden the winner. Having said that, Trump is saying keep counting the votes in Nevada where he is behind but, stop counting them in Pennsylvania where he is ahead. How does one get away with such inconsistency? And he declared himself the winner of the election this morning, while votes are still being counted. Huh? If I go to a convenience store tonight and pay my money, as soon as I pay for my ticket, I'm going to declare myself the winner of the lottery. Will I be able to collect?

I'm not yet declaring Biden the winner. Having said that, Trump is saying keep counting the votes in Nevada where he is behind but, stop counting them in Pennsylvania where he is ahead. How does one get away with such inconsistency? And he declared himself the winner of the election this morning, while votes are still being counted. Huh? If I go to a convenience store tonight and pay my money, as soon as I pay for my ticket, I'm going to declare myself the winner of the lottery. Will I be able to collect?
Hence the Trump effect. While I have historically voted Republican, it’s idiocy like this across the board that cost him a re-election...

Consider this as i just heard on a talking head show. If Trump loses this election then he will try to run in 2024.
Can you run from prison as a convicted felon? Wasn't Trump "Individual 1" in the Michael Cohen case? IF, IF, IF Trump has been defeated, rather than thinking about the 2024 election, I'd be familiarizing myself with Federal and State Sentencing Guidelines.

To win they will have to turn the inner city black vote. Need African American on ticket America wasn’t big on Hillary remember?

Ok, here we go. Nobody was taking it seriously for the 1st few weeks. Including the Democrats.

Agreed.

And calling for stopping the counting while ahead but keep counting while behind is a behavior nowhere near unique to Trump.

Reactions: redrogers

Nope. You won't be able to pick your numbers after the draw deadline either.

Reactions: gcobob
This happens in SC every election cycle. Lexington County waits until the very end to put the Republican over the top.

You are obviously oblivious (see, I tried to be nice) as to how the election process works on the County levels. I would invite you to come over to Lexington County and volunteer to work the next gubernatorial election.

You can be at your polling location at 6 am so that you can set up the equipment and be ready to go at 7 AM when the polls officially open. Then, you can process voters all day long, either standing at the ballot marking devices to help voters, or sit at the tables and check them in. Lunch hour???? HA! HA! HA! at that!
Then, at 7 pm, you get to tally the ballot scanner and shut down and pack up all the voting equipment, take down all signage, clean up the area used for voting because if you leave a mess, you might not get to use that place as a precinct anymore. Load your car if you are the poll clerk and now you are ready to drive to the Election office, where you will be one of 96 precincts waiting in line to check in. Good luck if you are at the back of the line. After unloading your equipment, you get to come inside where you have to wait in line to have your numbers verified to be correct. If there is an error, you get to go back through everything to find the error. Once this is completed, you get to call it a day and go home. Time spent?? Usually around 15 hours on election day.

But that is not the end of the voting process on the county level. Your ballot scanner flash drives and closing totals go to the computer room, where the flash drives are read, precinct totals are printed and then verified to the closing tape total, and then finally submitted as correct. 96 precincts, sometimes 35 to forty races per precinct to verify.

Then, if you are lucky, the 25,000 mail in ballots have been opened and run thru the scanner so that you can get those numbers and process them.... By now, it's around 1 am, if you are lucky...

So, you think Lexington County "HOLDS" their results so that they can make a splash and "Put the Republican over the top"???? I promise you, they are only concerned with getting their numbers in to the State Election. The times I have worked in that office on Election Day, there is not a tv to find out what the state totals are, and who is leading or behind.

Come work an election. I double dog dare you!!!

Wow, for 24 hours we had peace while everyone had a chance to win. As things sort out we are headed back to our bunkers I see. Oh well....

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I'm not saying Trump has lost, BUT, if he has, Covid did him in.
I tend to think that centrists (who decide elections) are more worried about getting life back to normal than they are Covid. But more than anything I think the Democrats’ refusal to condemn the riots and defund the police rhetoric kept it close. Should have been a landslide after 4 years of Trump craziness and demographics shifting further and further to the Democrats’ favor.

Agreed.

And calling for stopping the counting while ahead but keep counting while behind is a behavior nowhere near unique to Trump.
When did this behavior happen before?

I await your silence.
I hand-carried my mail-in ballot to my County Election Office. Of course Trump would not try to stop mail-in ballots from being counted in South Carolina because he was declared the winner here. But, if the race here was close and he tried that stunt here, I'd be pissed. I realize that Trump has his supporters on this forum. But, the guy is despicable. I have never hated him. However, though I don't hate him, I never have had respect for him. I respected both Bushs, Reagan and Ford. There's a reason why so many Republican ex-public servants endorsed Biden. And it's because of stunts like that by Trump that I don't respect him. It's very difficult to beat incumbent Presidents. It does not happen often unless he is a zero. I hope that the Republican party can right its ship. IF Trump has truly lost, all I can say is: GOOD RIDDANCE.

I tend to think that centrists (who decide elections) are more worried about getting life back to normal than they are Covid. But more than anything I think the Democrats’ refusal to condemn the riots and defund the police rhetoric kept it close. Should have been a landslide after 4 years of Trump craziness and demographics shifting further and further to the Democrats’ favor.
As mentioned above, it's hard to beat incumbent Presidents. Biden condemned the riots and said he was not in favor of defunding the police. You are right though about demographics. The percentage of white voters has been going down each presidential election since 1988. In Texas alone, there are 7 Hispanic babies being born for every white baby. Evidently, Arizona is no longer red. Texas and Georgia are going the way of Virginia starting in the 2024 presidential year. Virginia used to be a deep red state. California used to elect Republicans state-wide. No more. Watch and see roles reverse soon. Republicans will want to be rid of the Electoral College and go straight to popular vote to elect a President. Democrats will want to keep the Electoral College.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT