ADVERTISEMENT

What Nevada must feel like right about now

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s true. But you can’t scare people by making sure they know what is being proposed. I’ve yet to hear that explained by anyone who says “he wants to defund” and they certainly don’t address where those same things have occurred.

I'm not sure where you went with that.

I agree you shouldnt scaremonger. When the discussion comes up, diverting funds and defunding are two ways to say the same thing.

So you have to go to the specifics. Trump "defunded" the military budget by <1% to work on the wall. If Biden says he wants to "divert" (defund) the police by the same degree, I dont think anyone would have a real issue.

I am sure you are a good person who thinks that every vote should be counted. Peace.

I do think every legitimate vote should count, and be counted.

I cringe a little when someone just says "every vote" though, because I think there are some illegitimate votes out there.

But in the end, I think most people do want the legitimate, fair election.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Biden and McConnell will be doing a lot of compromising for the good of the country to move it forward. They are friends going back to the 1980s. In contrast, Obama had been in the Senate only a couple of years. He and McConnell hardly knew each other. There will be some compromises I will have a hard time swallowing. But I will because "compromise" is not a four-letter word to me. Don't be shocked if Biden keeps McConnell's wife on in his cabinet, IF Biden has indeed won.
Will Biden be "allowed" to? That is my concern.

Reactions: cfbfan15
Here’s what’s hilarious.... when I asked her what she likes about Biden/ Harris she says “ I can’t stand either of them but they’re not Trump”.

THIS y'all. It really boils down to this. Both candidates sucked, TBH. It simply has come down to which sucks more.

We have failed America when this is what our elections are relegated to.

Franken, Gore just off the top of my head. Keep recounting till you're in the lead, then it's done and we should stop counting.

But yeah, it's only Trump. No polotical party has been shady until he came along.

Wrong.

Franken's election went to recount when he was only behind by 215 votes state-wide. The Secretary of State certified a recount that found him in the lead. His opponent filed suit that went all the way to the state supreme court and lost.

As for Al Gore...I would encourage you to Google search video of his concession speach. His message was conciliatory and country first personified. Even voiced support for Bush, offering to assist any way he could and wishing him success as President. Now.....lets just see what Trump has to say. We already heard a crazed preview late, late election night.

THIS y'all. It really boils down to this. Both candidates sucked, TBH. It simply has come down to which sucks more.

Joe Biden has already received more votes than any Presidential candidate in US history. And they are still counting.

Another fun fact, he is now first, Obama 2008 is second and Hillary 2016 is third.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33

I agree you shouldnt scaremonger. When the discussion comes up, diverting funds and defunding are two ways to say the same thing.

So you have to go to the specifics. Trump "defunded" the military budget by <1% to work on the wall. If Biden says he wants to "divert" (defund) the police by the same degree, I dont think anyone would have a real issue.
The word "defund" was chosen very carefully. He uses it because that's what many people that vote for him actually want. Many people want to punish the police. They don't care where the funds go. The word divert doesn't send the same message. None of these things happen by accident.

Joe Biden has already received more votes than any Presidential candidate in US history. And they are still counting.

Another fun fact, he is now first, Obama 2008 is second and Hillary 2016 is third.
That doesn't necessarily equate to people actually supporting one candidate over another. The last two elections have been the epitome of the "lesser of two evils" idea.

I keep seeing this posted in a lot of places. I'm not sure why this is surprising. The population is growing.

Reactions: jeff2001
IMG_8381-475x626.jpg

Canada probably didn't count people who died in accidents, such as automobile crashes, as Covid deaths.
And many, many U.S. public health officials have said that our count under reports our covid death count. And Canada has restricted travel into their country from the U.S. I don't believe we are restricting travel by Canadians into our country. But,if we have, I'm unaware about it. Having said all that, IF Trump has been defeated, I am quite certain it has been due to his response to covid. Whoever is President on January 21, I hope he gets covid under control.

That’s if people understand that’s what is being done but if you ask people what is meant by “Defund the police” they’ll say he wants to close down the police departments because that’s how it’s being communicated to them.

If you really want to see real racism. Go on twitter and put in Tim Scott name and the tolerant left go crazy. Plus David duke?
Who cares what he thinks.
Again, I said a slice of the Trump base is composed of racists. I didn't say all, most or even Trump himself. The point I made was can the Republican party open its arms to Hispanics to get more of them, without losing the racists in their base? That will be the needle they have to thread. Right now, Democrats get about 65-70% of the Hispanic vote. Hispanics are the fastest growing minority group in the country. It's in the best interest of the Republican party to increase its numbers much higher than the current 30-35%. That's all I'm saying.

One thing I know about teenagers is that they are stubborn. You can't convince them of much let alone politics. The reason parents are having these issues with their children is that it is natural for teenage kids to start developing their own minds and differentiating themselves from their parents. I have teenagers. They don't look at me as perfect anymore and tell me when they have opinions that are different than mine. So, is it the colleges fault that many Black kids are all in on BLM and that the NAACP is a relic of the past? I don't think so. It's just the evolution of a new generation coming in and deciding what their view of American life should be in the future. It is not abnormal for people to change their political positions 2-3 times during their lifetimes. So, I am just not with this thought of people being indoctrinated because they go through a period of changing their minds.
I don’t disagree with you on much of that. However when they develop their own minds, it is somewhat rebellious to form the mind that doesn’t coincide with mom and Dad. Others know that and manipulate it before and without some kids realizing what’s happening.
As far as is it the college fault? Maybe maybe not. I do know of one kid who was made to feel as if he would be blackballed if he did not participate in a walkout for BLM a few weeks ago. He didn’t want to do that because his Dad was a police officer and I don’t blame him. This was led by students but had immense support by Professors who encouraged it. This happened at an in state school in upstate area (not Clemson). So some kids are forced to some things just to not be targeted by “woke” people including leaders on campuses.

Reactions: mikeypen
Wrong.

Franken's election went to recount when he was only behind by 215 votes state-wide. The Secretary of State certified a recount that found him in the lead. His opponent filed suit that went all the way to the state supreme court and lost.

As for Al Gore...I would encourage you to Google search video of his concession speach. His message was conciliatory and country first personified. Even voiced support for Bush, offering to assist any way he could and wishing him success as President. Now.....lets just see what Trump has to say. We already heard a crazed preview late, late election night.

I dont think you really contradicted me on Franken. The recount was automatic, if that's what you wanted to contend. Okay.

The recount was also dubiously handled, and later hundreds of felons were found to have voted. (Larger number than the margin of victory)

As for Trump and a possible concession speech? I cant think of much that is more meaningless than a concession speech. No one is going to start liking Trump more if he gives a good concession speech.

Will Biden be "allowed" to? That is my concern.
Do you think Trump was controlled by the tea party types in Congress? To answer YOUR question: YES, because sometimes there is no other alternative. And, I believe that's where we will find ourselves. Incrementalism is better than being on a treadmill.

That’s if people understand that’s what is being done but if you ask people what is meant by “Defund the police” they’ll say he wants to close down the police departments because that’s how it’s being communicated to them.

Agreed. I'd like to see some more numbers, rather than just throw out the slogan. Is someone really going to cut 30 or 40% of budgets? Or are we getting worked up over 1 or 2%?

Reactions: funktavious

I understand that thought. I remember Biden in the 1970s. I like THAT Biden much more than today's Biden. BUT, after going back and forth among the various 2020 Democratic alternatives, I settled on Biden at the last minute and voted for him in the the SC Democratic primary because I felt he had the best chance to beat Trump, whom I felt had to be taken out. I felt so strongly about that, I made 2 financial donations to Biden's campaign this past summer. And let me tell you, I'm cheap as hell. I have never, never before sent money to a presidential campaign. EVER!!!!! But, that's how important I felt that Trump must go. There were lots of Democratic candidates I preferred over Biden. But, again, I felt he had the best chance to beat Trump. And, I believe Trump felt the same way, as evidenced by his call to the Ukranian President to get him to simply announce an investigation of Biden. It's VERY hard to beat an incumbent President. It rarely happens. But, I determined that Biden had the best chance. I may have been right, you know.

Ok, here we go. Nobody was taking it seriously for the 1st few weeks. Including the Democrats.
C'mon man, you act like somebody was dancing in the streets of Chinatown telling people to come join them. You know the Democrats just like the other smart guys on this thread knew exactly what it was all about in January and tried to tell the world. Unfortunately Trump was having dinner with Putin and didn't listen. Hopefully if Trump isn't elected Kamala will have the same kind of row to hoe that DJT has had. We'll see how things turn out there.

I understand that thought. I remember Biden in the 1970s. I like THAT Biden much more than today's Biden. BUT, after going back and forth among the various 2020 Democratic alternatives, I settled on Biden at the last minute and voted for him in the the SC Democratic primary because I felt he had the best chance to beat Trump, whom I felt had to be taken out. I felt so strongly about that, I made 2 financial donations to Biden's campaign this past summer. And let me tell you, I'm cheap as hell. I have never, never before sent money to a presidential campaign. EVER!!!!! But, that's how important I felt that Trump must go. There were lots of Democratic candidates I preferred over Biden. But, again, I felt he had the best chance to beat Trump. And, I believe Trump felt the same way, as evidenced by his call to the Ukranian President to get him to simply announce an investigation of Biden. It's VERY hard to beat an incumbent President. It rarely happens. But, I determined that Biden had the best chance. I may have been right, you know.
I'm right there with you, except for the part about giving donations. I am a registered Republican and have voted in 11 Presidential elections and this is only the 2nd time I've voted for the demarcate. It pained me but I also felt Trump had to go. My hope is the Republican party regroups and not pick crazy ass people to run for President.

I'm right there with you, except for the part about giving donations. I am a registered Republican and have voted in 11 Presidential elections and this is only the 2nd time I've voted for the demarcate. It pained me but I also felt Trump had to go. My hope is the Republican party regroups and not pick crazy ass people to run for President.
Yeah, lets put Romney out there again. Perfect.

I dont think you really contradicted me on Franken. The recount was automatic, if that's what you wanted to contend. Okay.

The recount was also dubiously handled, and later hundreds of felons were found to have voted. (Larger number than the margin of victory)

As for Trump and a possible concession speech? I cant think of much that is more meaningless than a concession speech. No one is going to start liking Trump more if he gives a good concession speech.
I thought in the Franken recount, they found a bunch of "ballots' in the trunk of someones car. As others have said on this board before, maybe we need to start playing the game like the other teams play the game.

C'mon man, you act like somebody was dancing in the streets of Chinatown telling people to come join them. You know the Democrats just like the other smart guys on this thread knew exactly what it was all about in January and tried to tell the world. Unfortunately Trump was having dinner with Putin and didn't listen. Hopefully if Trump isn't elected Kamala will have the same kind of row to hoe that DJT has had. We'll see how things turn out there.
The Woodward tapes show that Trump knew it was serious back then. But, he chose to lie and tell us that it would go from 15 cases to zero, go away like "magic" and with the hot weather. Many people were bamboozled into trusting him and thus not taking it seriously, and paid with their lives. Just THAT alone merits him being fired. I hope he will be fired by tomorrow. But, we'll see.

The purpose and the need for an appropriate concession speech is not so that folks will like the one giving it more. Its putting country before self, country over party and trying to help heal the divisions caused by a long, grueling national campaign.

Again, its the issue with Trump from day one. Its not about him. Its about helping move the country forward.

The purpose and the need for an appropriate concession speech is not so that folks will like the one giving it more. Its putting country before self, country over party and trying to help heal the divisions caused by a long, grueling national campaign.

Again, its the issue with Trump from day one. Its not about him. Its about helping move the country forward.
There should be no healing. The division in this country has nothing at all to do with the campaign.

I get what you're saying about the purpose of a concession speech. Thought you were trying to tie that to contested elections more than that.

But for healing the country? I dont think theres a thing in the world Trump can say to heal the division in our country. It has been growing long before he took office or ran, much less this last campaign.

I’m cautiously optimistic that Biden and McConnell’s Senate can work on some relatively centrist policies, as they go way back. There’s no reason for Biden to be beholden to the lunatic fringe of his party, as the man is nearly a century years old and they did him no favors squeaking out the win.

Also it will be fitting if Trump loses Nevada, wins the rest, and therefore loses the presidency because he called John McCain a loser and not a war hero for being captured. Ha!

Centrists rule, extremists drool! Here’s to a better America gang!

The republican party was weak pre-Trump. It'll be the same post-Trump. The dems will have their way with them.
That simply is not true. Prior to Trump they retook the house and Senate and were able to pretty much grind to a halt anything they wanted the last 6 years of the Obama administration. They then had two years with Trump where they had full control of Congress and the only thing they chose to do was the tax bill for their donors.

The Republican Party has proven to be weak post Trump because so many members of the party who claimed to be stand up individuals sold their souls for what has turned out to be absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: pulley bone

That's not even close to being true. Trump 2020 is third.

Looks like both Georgia Senate races could go to runoffs. Perdue and Loeffler should still win, but you never know.

I agree . For an 18 year old I was very proud of how well she thought it out . She said she can’t stand Biden or Harris but she just felt that Trump sought to divide rather than inspire and lead and Biden was the lesser evil and I can’t really say I can disagree with that. I also agree with you wholeheartedly that the last two elections are an absolute joke . We have so many amazing , genius people in the country and those are our choices ?!! It’s like Picking which pinkie you would rather slam the car door on .

That is manipulation from college professors and the like. My daughter is a freshman at college and stands on her own two feet so to speak but has had professors and the like trying to influence. I have had several friends have a child go off to college as a republican, only to come home as a very staunch democrat and a very angry one at that. Several said they could no longer have peaceful conversations with their kids about politics anymore. It’s a shame they have so much influence over the youth of today. Not saying all young people but a lot of them. It makes young people act as if they know more than anyone else more than before and makes several look foolish regurgitating what they have heard, not researched to have informed opinion.
i am sure this may offend but it is my two cents and what I have seen and heard a lot about due to working with teenagers for 20 yrs now and getting to know them and their parents very well.

Completely disagree . Yes I think teenagers are lazy and are entirely self absorbed in technology but I also think they are a hell of a lot smarter and more informed than we were . She was 14 when Trump was elected and she cried like a baby for days because she knew his past allegations that were Frankly sickening. She couldn’t understand why this “Bad Man” was elected . She was 14 . I don’t even know who the Governor of my state is and my wife never discussed politics around her . Nobody put ideas in her head , she researched both the candidates and didn’t like what she found out about either of them at 14 years old . This younger generation is a lot of thing , a lot of it bad , but not being informed and knowledgeable is not one of them .

You settled on Biden who is mentally off and will only be in office a very short while and then the squad takes over control. You want a taste of socialism, you'll get it. The votes in the up for grab states are questioned because of certain vote drops of mail in votes. If we allow this kind of election in the US, we are doomed.

Reactions: jthunder
The Woodward tapes show that Trump knew it was serious back then. But, he chose to lie and tell us that it would go from 15 cases to zero, go away like "magic" and with the hot weather. Many people were bamboozled into trusting him and thus not taking it seriously, and paid with their lives. Just THAT alone merits him being fired. I hope he will be fired by tomorrow. But, we'll see.

Maybe you didn't see this when I posted it earlier.... If what you said above justifies Trump being fired on that alone, seems like a lot of people in this tweet also need to be fired....

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT