ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

Why would they? He can either do the job or he can't. This year is a pivotal year for him and the schedule is not going to help! I find it very similar to Napier and UF, they have to have the #1 SOS, but from what I've heard they have closed the ranks and are making strides internally and blocking out all the outside noise, I think that is what Beamer is trying to do! The difference is UF is not quite as patient as USC and where has it gotten them. They have fired 2 coaches in 3 years and 2 in 4 years in the 2000's, that's a pretty short leash!
I disagree re: the schedule. It does help him. Most SC fans are giving him a pass on the schedule.. If he has a poor year, they will point to the schedule. The schedule gives him a chance to show he can really coach. Recruiting-wise, he falls short of Muschamp, Spurrier and Holtz for whatever reasons. If he can pull off some upsets, it will go a long ways to convincing the skeptics. So in that respect, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

I disagree re: the schedule. It does help him. Most SC fans are giving him a pass on the schedule.. If he has a poor year, they will point to the schedule. The schedule gives him a chance to show he can really coach. Recruiting-wise, he falls short of Muschamp, Spurrier and Holtz for whatever reasons. If he can pull off some upsets, it will go a long ways to convincing the skeptics. So in that respect, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.
You’re right IF he wins, wrong if he doesn’t! Nobody around here is going to be happy with another losing season and there are a lot of 4 or 5 win predictions out there! That ain’t going to get it done!

You’re right IF he wins, wrong if he doesn’t! Nobody around here is going to be happy with another losing season and there are a lot of 4 or 5 win predictions out there! That ain’t going to get it done!
I hope you are right.

Tampering with a transfer from UAB? I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Not to worry! As a loyal Gamecock Fan, you already know that you'll be doing both this season.... a lot!
(We will know whether or not Frank's Boy has any class at all, if he tries to run up the score on any of the cupcakes.)

Go with a 3rd option -- Think.

Can you think of any reason why we would need to poach UAB talent while teams like Ole Miss poach ours?
Did not think I'd be missed to have something I posted on the 4th of July mentioned nearly 2 weeks later. But, it's always nice to be remembered, even regarding old news.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Go with a 3rd option -- Think.

Can you think of any reason why we would need to poach UAB talent while teams like Ole Miss poach ours?
To add to my comment just above: we have gotten transfers from Louisville, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Arkansas, 2 from Florida State, 2 from Oklahoma and 3 from Pitt, to finish number 10 in the Transfer Portal rankings. Not bad for a program supposedly on welfare.

To add to my comment just above: we have gotten transfers from Louisville, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Arkansas, 2 from Florida State, 2 from Oklahoma and 3 from Pitt, to finish number 10 in the Transfer Portal rankings. Not bad for a program supposedly on welfare.

How many got NIL deals and didn't simply transfer in hopes of more playing time?

We're not getting their quality talent through payola.

How many got NIL deals and didn't simply transfer in hopes of more playing time?

We're not getting their quality talent through payola.
We got the number 10 ranking in the Transfer Portal recruiting ranking. Again, that's not bad. In fact, it's very good.

Last edited:

PLEASE, forgive me if I am misunderstanding your post. Shouldn't we be more concerned about our win/lose record than the "Cream of the Crap" we are getting in the PotHole??? Perhaps Newberry and Little Sisters of Mercy have better, more efficient recruiting strategies than we have established. BUT, if YOU are impressed by our recruiting shathole,(I spelled it correct, your thinking just can't understand winning), I meant portal, we have nothing to discuss. OUR RECRUITING IS A BEAMER JOKE!!!

Last edited:
PLEASE, forgive me if I am misunderstanding your post. Shouldn't we be more concerned about our win/lose record than the "Cream of the Crap" we are getting in the PotHole??? Perhaps Newberry and Little Sisters of Mercy have better, more efficient recruiting strategies than we have established. BUT, if YOU are impressed by our recruiting shithole, I meant portal, we have nothing to discuss. OUR RECRUITING IS A BEAMER JOKE!!!
I was just responding on the subject regarding the transfers. I did not compile the rankings of portal classes. You need to express your disagreement with those who did.

But those he lost, he brought in.
We lost 6 Four stars, but brought in 7 Four stars. One of the 6 we lost was Juice Wells. Did he play at all last season? If he did, it was more of a cameo appearance. Don't know what happened with Wells. Was he hurt or was he pissed off?

What they do with the Transfer Portal rankings is to compare players brought in to players lost. We were ranked 10th, meaning we had the 10th best outcome in the nation, comparing players transferring in to players transferring out. The evaluation is of ALL the players transferring in and out. Obviously, not all the players transferring in and out were 4 stars. Many are 3 stars.

Last edited:
Gamecocks had how many players in the portal? Can’t keep having a large amount coming in and out and keeping dishing out $$$ and not playing for trophies

We lost 6 Four stars, but brought in 7 Four stars. One of the 6 we lost was Juice Wells. Did he play at all last season? If he did, it was more of a cameo appearance. Don't know what happened with Wells. Was he hurt or was he pissed off?

What they do with the Transfer Portal rankings is to compare players brought in to players lost. We were ranked 10th, meaning we had the 10th best outcome in the nation, comparing players transferring in to players transferring out. The evaluation is of ALL the players transferring in and out. Obviously, not all the players transferring in and out were 4 stars. Many are 3 stars.

You forgot about things like this though?

For example, the ranking of Juice Wells is not accounted for in our departures.
https://247sports.com/Team/south-carolina-182/Roster/

And more importantly, they assigned a value of N/A on the Ole MIss side:
https://247sports.com/Team/ole-miss-178/Roster/

Seems a bit relevant, no?

You forgot about things like this though?

For example, the ranking of Juice Wells is not accounted for in our departures.
https://247sports.com/Team/south-carolina-182/Roster/

And more importantly, they assigned a value of N/A on the Ole MIss side:

Seems a bit relevant, no?
But you forgot that On3 does account for all players coming and going including Juice Wells plus all schools impacted by the portal including Ole Miss.

But you forgot that On3 does account for all players coming and going including Juice Wells plus all schools impacted by the portal including Ole Miss.

Juice? Does him not playing last year affect his rankings?

Also, does he count as a player we got through the portal or a player we lost through the portal? Or both?

Ole Miss's portal acquisition rank does not include a rating for Wells. This happens all the time with transfers and it's the reason that system is bunk.

Also, how do you price out the value a player is bringing to a team they've played on? It's near impossible.

These outlets are trying to continue to make themselves relevant by putting up funky rank systems.

It's one thing if you're trying to put a mean value on high school recruits, it's entirely different with transfers and NIL acquisitions.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Wells is listed by On3 in their listing of transfers to Ole Miss and in their ranking of Ole Miss., along with transfers in and out for the other teams.

Ranking of high school recruits, JC transfers and other transfers along with a ranking of recruiting classes has been going on for decades.

Ole Miss's portal acquisition rank does not include a rating for Wells. This happens all the time with transfers and it's the reason that system is bunk.

Also, how do you price out the value a player is bringing to a team they've played on? It's near impossible.

These outlets are trying to continue to make themselves relevant by putting up funky rank systems.

It's one thing if you're trying to put a mean value on high school recruits, it's entirely different with transfers and NIL acquisitions.
Ole Miss and many other SEC teams are in the headlines on a regular basis for NIL acquisitions. We are almost never in the news for any. I don't see how we could be ranked well unless Shane has found a honeyhole of quality players who don't want to play for money?

Reactions: Ward Jr
Wells is listed by On3 in their listing of transfers to Ole Miss and in their ranking of Ole Miss., along with transfers in and out for the other teams.

Ranking of high school recruits, JC transfers and other transfers along with a ranking of recruiting classes has been going on for decades.

I see a N/A. What are you referring to?

Ole Miss and many other SEC teams are in the headlines on a regular basis for NIL acquisitions. We are almost never in the news for any. I don't see how we could be ranked well unless Shane has found a honeyhole of quality players who don't want to play for money?

Exactly. This and the fact our best players are walking out the down at season end for a larger paycheck. The first thing you would want to do is secure your best talent you know can perform.

Plundering lower level teams for cheaper talent may just be his best and only avenue at this point.

The ranking of impact of the Transfer Portal is
1. Louisville
2. Colorado
3, Ole Miss
4. Texas
5. Oregon
6.FSU
7. NC State
8. Missouri
9. Syracuse
10. South Carolina

I have no idea how much we take in NIL-wise. I do know that our new women's softball coach was bragging how she was going to use NIL and the Transfer Portal to build a power house at South Carolina. Now, I have no interest in women's softball, unless the gals play in bikinis (then I may make the trip to Columbia to cheer them on). Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT