ADVERTISEMENT

When will the first Football recruit spill the beans?

Plenty of disgruntled former football players out there. After they are in NFL with no ties left to the school what do they have to fear about taking bribes?

Everyone does it. I doubt much will come of it as far as bans go.

I'm just lightly surfing around a bit here at the moment, so do tell WTH exactly is the topic of discussion here??
FBI investigation of sports agents - looking into monetary inducements for players of all revenue sports to attend certain schools.

Absolutely happening in football but I really don’t think the NCAA will do anything because it’s very wide spread. I think pretty much everyone has something going on but the big players take it to another level.

If and when this happens big time college athletics will change drastically.
The Ole Miss recruit that admitted getting like 30.000 from a booster but the NCAA won't get off their lazy asses and investigate nothing. They suck.

The Ole Miss recruit that admitted getting like 30.000 from a booster but the NCAA won't get off their lazy asses and investigate nothing. They suck.
That linebacker was like top 80 in his class. Very highly rated, but one can only imagine what a top ten player makes these days.

Absolutely happening in football but I really don’t think the NCAA will do anything because it’s very wide spread. I think pretty much everyone has something going on but the big players take it to another level.
The NCAA will not go after Clemson because they bring in too much revenue. They would go after a school that does not generate much of a revenue stream to make an example of.

Reactions: caigmaster
If and when this happens big time college athletics will change drastically.

This has been discussed by fans and by people involved in the bball thing. The consesus seems to be that bball and fball are two entirely separate dynamics. Fball is about off the books bagmen. As sleazy as that is, it is not against any law, and is almost impossible to prove. Fball doesnt have the grassroots leagues that bred the bball thing, and there is no money being made in the sale of fball shoes. Fball programs are basically clean. The ease with which ole miss was brought to light indicates the status of most of the rest.

Reactions: ymbi
Whatever you would give is completely safe. Sorry. As much as you hate him, he doesn’t do what the Arizona coach did.

Man, has Dabo got YOU snowed!

The reason that a football probe won't hurt Dabo and Company is that the FBI, like the NCAA, won't snag the big dogs in the pack, i.e. Clem will stand in for UNcarolina in this instance.

Why would you spill the beans if you’re getting or already got paid?

Man, has Dabo got YOU snowed!

The reason that a football probe won't hurt Dabo and Company is that the FBI, like the NCAA, won't snag the big dogs in the pack, i.e. Clem will stand in for UNcarolina in this instance.

No. The reason a probe won’t hurt him is there would be no evidence to cause that. Let’s just say you and I respectfully disagree.

No chance it happens in football. EVERY power five school is cheating and it would RUIN the sport if they ever investigated.

No chance it happens in football. EVERY power five school is cheating and it would RUIN the sport if they ever investigated.

I sort of agree with this. I can’t vouch for everybody who has a Clemson connection being totally clean, as every team has jerks among their fans, but I would put most of what I own on the line that Dabo is not cheating or knows about any of it.

I sort of agree with this. I can’t vouch for everybody who has a Clemson connection being totally clean, as every team has jerks among their fans, but I would put most of what I own on the line that Dabo is not cheating or knows about any of it.

LOL

galebreakMember
New

The guy oozes...sleazy used car salesman. I wouldn’t trust anything he says or does. He did stab Tammy Bowden in the back!

galebreakMember
New

The guy oozes...sleazy used car salesman. I wouldn’t trust anything he says or does. He did stab Tammy Bowden in the back!

Hmmmm......... why would Tommy Bowden have recommended him to the AD to be the interim coach? No hard feelings toward Dabo from Bobby Bowden either. That really seems odd for a back stabber don’t you think?

Feel free to think of him like you do as I know you will. Apparently a lot of recruits and their families and former players don’t see it that way and I’m good with that.

Reactions: agantt
He was nothing before his childish “rant” around here. Now...He’s the scum of the Earth. Sure...Recruits go to him. He’s a “good” sleazy used-car salesman.

He was nothing before his childish “rant” around here. Now...He’s the scum of the Earth. Sure...Recruits go to him. He’s a “good” sleazy used-car salesman.

“Scum of the earth”. Wow! That “rant” must have really shaken you. Peace.

Reactions: agantt
You are one naive sob if you don’t think that cheating goes on at Clemson. I’d say the same about USC. You can’t possibly believe that NCAA football is clean with all of the money involved. Even the top teams have to cheat because the lower caliber teams would just pay their way to the top. There’s way, way too much money on the line for cheating not to be involved.

Reactions: ulysses5
You are one naive sob if you don’t think that cheating goes on at Clemson. I’d say the same about USC. You can’t possibly believe that NCAA football is clean with all of the money involved. Even the top teams have to cheat because the lower caliber teams would just pay their way to the top. There’s way, way too much money on the line for cheating not to be involved.

Cack. I just said Dabo wasn’t doing it. I stand by that. Do you think Muschamp is cheating?

Cack. I just said Dabo wasn’t doing it. I stand by that. Do you think Muschamp is cheating?

Clemtech's rise came after he took over for Bowden. Dablow will say something like, 'Clemson sells itself.' If that's true, why wasn't it selling itself before? There's something about them Bama boys that know how to bend the rules, so he knows what he's doing. That 'napkin' he made Spiller sign was probably a deposit to get him to Clemtech.

Reactions: ulysses5
The NCAA will not go after Clemson because they bring in too much revenue. They would go after a school that does not generate much of a revenue stream to make an example of.
What? If Clemson's untouchable half the power 5 must be. It's not like you're talking about Ohio State or Texas

Wouldn't it be a hoot to hear one last voice-over of Ed McMahon saying
........."Here's Johnny!!!", just as Manziel walks into a Senate Subcommittee hearing on fraud and bribery, while rubbing his fingers together over his head?

Reactions: Thigh Man
Fingerprints show up on money. The fickeled finger WILL fly up Dabo's ass. Stay tuned.

That’s what you will be saying 50 years from now. If you’re still around. But never never give up. You need something to live for. As sad as it is.

1. galebreak

New

29 Yesterday at 4:00 PM

agantt likes this.

Based on the rant...We already know, he’s a lying sack of s#*t. He really sounded more like a whiney BITCH...than a football coach. Then again...He couldn’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

1. galebreak

New

29 Yesterday at 4:00 PM

agantt likes this.
Based on the rant...We already know, he’s a lying sack of s#*t. He really sounded more like a whiney BITCH...than a football coach. Then again...He couldn’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Gosh. Maybe you missed the National Championship when he was the head coach?

throughout my life I have been associated with people I thought I knew. When later it was discovered they did something everyone would never think of them doing. I am assuming you must have a close relationship with Dabo to make your statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT