ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you think Les Miles lands?

wood90

Sep 13, 2016
a lot of speculation on who LSU hires but I wonder where the mad hatter goes from here.

From what I have heard on SEC Net, Les may want to coach again. I really don't have a clue, but a little birdie told me Baylor. So, if old Les goes too Baylor, Junks his Model T formation and hangs on to Briles' coaches he might win a Championship.

I have thought a lot about this. Kentucky.
I simply don't see UK paying Stoops all that money to go away. That is the general opinion of the UK fans here. Many want Stoops gone, but they do not believe it to be financially feasible at this juncture.

Sort of agree. With the best of coaches, Kentucky is a stretch in football. It is a basketball school, first and foremost. If they fire Stoops, the football glory at Kentucky is still to make some jackleg bowl that matters to no one

I can't believe any major school will hire Miles. He has somehow had success in spite of himself but he is basically an idiot.

He is two plays away from being undefeated. He had no control over the fact his bone-headed QB throws a pick at Green Bay after they were in field goal range. You blame that one on the OC. As for the game at Auburn, one WR from LSU was open on two plays in a row late in the game. Each of which would have resulted in touchdowns for LSU if only their QB knew how to go through his reads. He had a Top 5 Recruiting Class, this despite the fact he was in the same division as Saban and four-time national champion Alabama. As to where he might go, I do not know. But despite the criticism, LSU always managed to kick our ass under Spurrier. Before the year is over, I suspect there will be talk about firing the Boom and bringing him here. And no, I do not think that will happen but our fans are always critical of our coaches so this will be more of a board posting venting thing. I personally see him going back north to the Big 10 and Illinois.

He is two plays away from being undefeated. He had no control over the fact his bone-headed QB throws a pick at Green Bay after they were in field goal range. You blame that one on the OC. As for the game at Auburn, one WR from LSU was open on two plays in a row late in the game. Each of which would have resulted in touchdowns for LSU if only their QB knew how to go through his reads. He had a Top 5 Recruiting Class, this despite the fact he was in the same division as Saban and four-time national champion Alabama. As to where he might go, I do not know. But despite the criticism, LSU always managed to kick our ass under Spurrier. Before the year is over, I suspect there will be talk about firing the Boom and bringing him here. And no, I do not think that will happen but our fans are always critical of our coaches so this will be more of a board posting venting thing. I personally see him going back north to the Big 10 and Illinois.
It's already started....sad to say. And I agree Les will end up in the Big Ten. Illinois or Purdue will grab him.

Wherever he goes he's probably gonna' take a heckava' loss on that house he lives it ... 'bout the only person in Baton Rouge that might be able to afford it will be the guy who takes his place.
It's not 'fancy' per se - just really 'custom' for him and his family; lots of land, lots of brick fence. I watched a TV special filmed at his home, VERY nice place.
He's 63 - he might retire.

From what I have heard on SEC Net, Les may want to coach again. I really don't have a clue, but a little birdie told me Baylor. So, if old Les goes too Baylor, Junks his Model T formation and hangs on to Briles' coaches he might win a Championship.
If Baylor is smart they'll keep Jim Grobe. He seems to be keeping the train on the rails there now. Plus, if you can be successful at Wake, you can be successful anywhere.
I think with Les it depends on what jobs open up. I doubt Kentucky fires Stoops this year and I don't see Les going somewhere like Purdue. I think he ends up outside the SEC, whether it be big 12 or ACC. I could see him heading to Kansas St if Bill Snyder decides to finally hang it up for good

Reactions: viennacocks
If Baylor is smart they'll keep Jim Grobe. He seems to be keeping the train on the rails there now. Plus, if you can be successful at Wake, you can be successful anywhere.
I think with Les it depends on what jobs open up. I doubt Kentucky fires Stoops this year and I don't see Les going somewhere like Purdue. I think he ends up outside the SEC, whether it be big 12 or ACC. I could see him heading to Kansas St if Bill Snyder decides to finally hang it up for good
Grobe is a decent guy and a good coach. Baylor boosters have a ton of money and they may want a big name coach. They also need a high profile coach who can inspire confidence that the program will clean up the crap that has been there.

Agree with those that think Baylor...That seems a good match to me...Miles offense will work in the Big12..They play zero defense in that conference...It will be similar to Stanford in the Pac14

K State will probably go after alumni Venerables. After years in the toughest division in CFB, I could see him in Raleigh. Although I am still mad about Ellis' knee in 88', they are a sleeping giant...in an easy conference, with built in wins. That being said, anywhere he goes will be easier.

Several things would have to happen, but if Strong at Texas and Holgorsen at WVU seats start getting hot, those schools would probably reach out.
Miles already stated he would like to continue to coach, but it would probably have to be at a program that is poised to play at the highest level, therefore I don't see schools like Purdue or NCST in the running.

If he decides to coach again, I doubt it will be right away. Miles is a Michigan man, I doubt "booger eater" will be there for very long.

Georgia Tech, I think they have a second bad season and get rid of Johnson

Mark Richt is making it cool for ACC schools to hire old washed up SEC coaches.
I kinda agree with this but going to LSU to GT is such a downer. He's going to end up somewhere with a fan base that still cares about football. I've heard Oklahoma has good grass to chew on.

If he decides to coach again, I doubt it will be right away. Miles is a Michigan man, I doubt "booger eater" will be there for very long.
I think Harbaugh is going to be at UM quite a while. He seems to enjoy it.

He's definitely a mid-west guy but UM passed him over when they hired Harbaugh. I think he will definitely end up in the Big Ten though....Indiana, Purdue or Minnesota (though they hired their interim coach last year). Either is a big enough stage for him and he could make a huge impact at either.

Last edited:
I think Harbaugh is going to be at UM quite a while. He seems to enjoy it.

He's definitely a mid-west guy but UM passed him over when they hired Harbaugh. I think he will definitely end up in the Big Ten though.

Not so sure about that. Harbaugh seems to rub people the wrong way with his arrogant attitude and I think the longest he's ever stayed anywhere is 3 years.

Did I say Harbaugh? I meant "booger eater".

Wherever he goes he's probably gonna' take a heckava' loss on that house he lives it ... 'bout the only person in Baton Rouge that might be able to afford it will be the guy who takes his place.
It's not 'fancy' per se - just really 'custom' for him and his family; lots of land, lots of brick fence. I watched a TV special filmed at his home, VERY nice place.
He's 63 - he might retire.
Prolly some politicians in Baton Rouge that could afford it with kickback money.

But I could definitely see him retiring down there.

Not so sure about that. Harbaugh seems to rub people the wrong way with his arrogant attitude and I think the longest he's ever stayed anywhere is 3 years.

Did I say Harbaugh? I meant "booger eater".
He's a Michigan guy....they love him. They've been wanting him a looong time. He won't rub the Michigan faithful the wrong way with an arrogant attitude...they'll embrace it. Promise....arrogance and UM go hand-in-hand.

Last edited:
ESPN is the best place for him.

He was an okay coach at Okie State. He upset Oklahoma a few times, but that is about it. It was a head scratcher when he was hired at LSU.

Saban laid a great foundation for him recruiting-wise when he arrived, and won the National title in 2007 with mostly Saban players.

His pre-historic offense and bad clock management would do him in at schools with less of a recruiting talent pool such as LSU's.

He had a great ride, and he would be great for TV with his quirky humor and personality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT