ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Rattler be next year?

I say it's 50/50. His camp knows he doesn't project real high at this point and the NFL isn't stupid, but they also know he'll show really well at the combine and some NFL personnel will fall for his potential. It happens every year, whether they pan out or not. If he makes it 3 solid performances in a row, that may tip the scales and he goes pro. League minimum is 660k. Add Bonus and he's probably getting 1MM and playing in the NFL, his dream. Let's not forget, he can still get deals, and will, in Columbia for different things.

From what I hear, Rattler has good people and his family advising him. The feeling is that he will make a good decision. He wants to see where the pros project him and who we hire as OC. Rattler loved his time at USC. Unless he gets a good report on the draft (meaning he’s a second day pick), i bet he comes back if we hire a good OC.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I'm no talent scout but on paper his stock isn't very high. He was benched at OU, lost his starting job, transferred and had an otherwise lack-luster season at South Carolina. The potential is there for him to finish strong and improve his standing. Honestly my opinion doesn't matter. I just hope for his sake he has people close to him, giving him sound advice.

I'm no talent scout but on paper his stock isn't very high. He was benched at OU, lost his starting job, transferred and had an otherwise lack-luster season at South Carolina. The potential is there for him to finish strong and improve his standing. Honestly my opinion doesn't matter. I just hope for his sake he has people close to him, giving him sound advice.

The knock on him is inability to read defense and bailing on plays when there is no or little pressure. The inability to read D reared its head at Clemson but he overcame it. He’s done a better job of not bailing on plays in the last 2 games. He does have good people around him advising him. And a close strong family. He won’t make a rash decision. I think he comes back. A lot depends on the OC hire.

The knock on him is inability to read defense and bailing on plays when there is no or little pressure. The inability to read D reared its head at Clemson but he overcame it. He’s done a better job of not bailing on plays in the last 2 games. He does have good people around him advising him. And a close strong family. He won’t make a rash decision. I think he comes back. A lot depends on the OC hire.
Why can't we just keep the phantom person who called our last 2 games? 😁

That wasn't who I was talking about.
I got you Rooster..... Haven't heard any talk of Kitchens and his involvement.....My guess is Beamer was more responsible for the last two outings than Satt. I think he told him what he wanted and Satt simply helped execute.

Reactions: bayrooster
I got you Rooster..... Haven't heard any talk of Kitchens and his involvement.....My guess is Beamer was more responsible for the last two outings than Satt. I think he told him what he wanted and Satt simply helped execute.

This is what happened. Kitchens couldn’t coach on the field because he is only an analyst. Analyst can’t be game day coaches.

Reactions: Flameout12
I always believed Rattler would be 1 and done in Columbia. After looking at his entire body of work for the season, most of us can agree his first 10 games left a lot to be desired. He obviously had a career game against Tennessee and a decent (although not great) game against Clemson. I’m thinking that he returns for another year to boost his draft stock, if he can use the last 2 games as a spring board to show NFL scouts he’s a top QB prospect. We have seen flashes of his abilities the last 2 games. I was curious what y’all think going into bowl season?
He should come back. With the NIL he could come close to 5th round money. I just don't see him going higher based on recent body of work. He needs a solid year. My fear is that he hits the portal to Nebraska or to an offense where he can rack up stats and wins. Beamer is going to have to nail this hire.

Well TE Stogner just entered the transfer portal… I wonder how that affects Rattler, if at all.

I met a starter on our d-line Saturday at the golf course and he said they “players” believe he will be back. What a well mannered and pleasant young man he was. I regret not picking up his round of golf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT