ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you betting on as far as the next baseball coach?

110624_OSullivanKevin_1142_TCasey.jpg

Well, if not Sully and Lee then who is it going to be? Again, my money is on the guy at USF. Not saying he is the guy I want but he is looking like the one.

Reactions: sadd66
My guess would be Kingston just because he's the only one that anyone knows of that has interviewed. I don't think anyone has a clue except maybe Ray Tanner and I'm not sure even he knows yet

Pretty sure Tanner met with Jim Toman too.

Announcers said last night that O'Sullivan just got a new 10 year contract at Florida and a new baseball stadium was in the works.

Three weeks removed from Holbrook resignation and no clue as to a new coach, just random speculation. Either Ray has his guy and doing a great job of keeping it quiet or he may be in over his head as far as coaching searches go.

I am afraid this is going to be like football...not getting who he wants...scrambling to get a backup. These coaches have their schools counter offer...and the coach can remain at his own school...with a big pay raise.

Last edited:
Did you see sully and his kids on the field before the game last night. Don't tell me he wouldn't move to be around them.

As much as my inner voice says its not going to happen, its hard to ignore the fact that if it was going to be anyone else but Kevin OSullivan the hire would have been made already.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Honestly, has been so tight lipped I can't bet on anyone.

I can't see O'Sullivan winning the CWS and bolting. Just can't.

Assuming we can't lure a "name" like Sully, McDonnell, O'Connor, etc., I'd hire Greg Lovelady at UCF. CWS champ, UM alum, knows Florida, and the turnarounds at Wright State and UCF have been impressive. Has the look of a great future head coach. JMO.

Reactions: bushmastercock

Assuming we can't lure a "name" like Sully, McDonnell, O'Connor, etc., I'd hire Greg Lovelady at UCF. CWS champ, UM alum, knows Florida, and the turnarounds at Wright State and UCF have been impressive. Has the look of a great future head coach. JMO.
Where have you been? You don't post much anymore.

I still think it's O Sullivan. His buyout drops 250,000 after July 1, therefore we have a quarter of a million reasons to wait another week.

If it was someone else I feel like it would already be done. I do worry about a change of heart after winning it all....

I think he's closer to leaving than many on this board suggest.

That is what is driving folks crazy. Some act as if they have a right to know exactly everything that happens when it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT