ADVERTISEMENT

Why Bentley left. Why Joyner stayed.

I hope Bentley does well, and beats out the competition, and starts for them, I will watch them and root him on and play when possible.

This other QB there Cam Rising was a 4 star recruit as well, before transferring from Texas and has a year in the system, but didnt play in games in 2019

It will be interesting to see them with him being more of a strong armed pro style QB, how they adapt and also how that staff handles him.

Last edited:
Looks like he is # 8, there

Bentley.jpg

merlin_1807971.jpg

merlin_1807979.jpg

ESJTjjxUYAAChiv

EQsHWTfU4AAVJwT

ERzuWbsUYAAQkvp

Last edited:
Count me in as well as someone who hopes Jake does great at Utah. Some of our "fans" went way too far in their abuse of Jake. Some made it too personal with personal attacks directly at him (on his social media) and even at his girlfriend. He handled everything with class and seems to be a good kid. He wasn't an All-American, but he wasn't as horrible as some fans made him out to be. I truly believe that had he not got hurt last year, USC would have won a couple of more games and at least been bowl eligible.

Go Gamecocks!

Count me in as well as someone who hopes Jake does great at Utah. Some of our "fans" went way too far in their abuse of Jake. Some made it too personal with personal attacks directly at him (on his social media) and even at his girlfriend. He handled everything with class and seems to be a good kid. He wasn't an All-American, but he wasn't as horrible as some fans made him out to be. I truly believe that had he not got hurt last year, USC would have won a couple of more games and at least been bowl eligible.

Go Gamecocks!

Most of the fan reaction was likely due to Jake just not living up to "savior of the program hype" that those same fans created.

Most of the fan reaction was likely due to Jake just not living up to "savior of the program hype" that those same fans created.

Sometimes its also Clemson fans on social media pretending to be Gamecock fans and trying to make Gamecock fans look bad.

We do have some bad apples but Clemson fans love pretending to be Gamecocks fans, this is a well known fact

Go Gamecocks!
Yeah... If he had not gotten hurt, and his backup, and his backup’s backup, and at various points our top 3 (5?? 8?) receivers, each of our top 3 RBs at various times, our top 2 TEs (3 if you count Thomas who “retired” from football just before the year due to injury) and our best OL... If just those guys had not been injured, we coulda had a good year! Seriously I say this a lot but I have never seen a team so riddled with injuries on the offensive side of the ball in one season before. Not here or anywhere... Not making excuses just staring facts- that was an insurmountable number of loses for any program. Bama would have struggled to have a winning season if they had comparable injuries to what we saw last year.

I hope Bentley does well, and beats out the competition, and starts for them, I will watch them and root him on and play when possible.

This other QB there Cam Rising was a 4 star recruit as well, before transferring from Texas and has a year in the system, but didnt play in games in 2019

It will be interesting to see them with him being more of a strong armed pro style QB, how they adapt and also how that staff handles him.
Already have my “Utes” hat. Get em Jake.

I will LMAO when Jake takes them to the playoffs. Wishing him good luck

Go Gamecocks!

I hope Bentley balls out.
I'm behind the young man 100%, and STILL believe that his dad is one heckuva danged fine coach, and can become a very integrally successful part of this staff the further up the ladder he can climb.

JMHOFWIW, but like I've previously stated, Coach Bentley can positively contribute to the success of this program to it's highest possible level to date.

JMHOFWIW

Yeah... If he had not gotten hurt, and his backup, and his backup’s backup, and at various points our top 3 (5?? 8?) receivers, each of our top 3 RBs at various times, our top 2 TEs (3 if you count Thomas who “retired” from football just before the year due to injury) and our best OL... If just those guys had not been injured, we coulda had a good year! Seriously I say this a lot but I have never seen a team so riddled with injuries on the offensive side of the ball in one season before. Not here or anywhere... Not making excuses just staring facts- that was an insurmountable number of loses for any program. Bama would have struggled to have a winning season if they had comparable injuries to what we saw last year.
We had a lot of injuries in 2018 also. The running backs played cripple that whole year and our defensive injuries were the worse I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Go Gamecocks!

I agree some of the fans did say some rough stuff. I hope he excels at Utah. I blame of lot of Jake's problems on the sub-par coaching he received at USC.

Don't pencil Jake as a starter just yet, he will be in a battle with Cam Rising, a transfer form Texas.

Jake will fit in nicely to Andy Ludwig's offense. Ludwig was the OC at Vandy and has seen Jake play. I hope he does well, wish Jake nothing but the best.

We had a lot of injuries in 2018 also. The running backs played cripple that whole year and our defensive injuries were the worse I’ve ever seen.
Guess that is why they switched s&c coaches. Hope we see some improvement. You always have a few injuries but it seems we get more than our share at the most vital positions.

Reactions: Brace1
The official story from the program and parroted by the flagship was that Bentley didn't want to endure another OC. So he goes to a completely different program with a completely different staff? No, he just wanted out of here. Who can fault him for that? Best of luck to him.

If he can be successful at a brand new program (to him) it will tell us everything we need to know about our own offensive staff, as if we need to be told.

The official story from the program and parroted by the flagship was that Bentley didn't want to endure another OC. So he goes to a completely different program with a completely different staff? No, he just wanted out of here. Who can fault him for that? Best of luck to him.

If he can be successful at a brand new program (to him) it will tell us everything we need to know about our own offensive staff, as if we need to be told.
Maybe he didn't want to endure another Muschamp OC?

What do you deem successful? He was successful here. Had a great start as a freshman, took us to 9 wins as a sophomore, a bowl as a Jr and was on pace to break virtually all of our passing records. That IS SUCCESS. Our fans are just dense. We had three-four good years out of over 100 and all of a sudden our fans think we are not having “success” unless we make the playoffs and players are not having success unless they are in the Heisman race.

If he’s successful there, it will tell us that their ol and backs were effective, their receivers put some giveadam in their route running and caught the balls thrown to them, and that their defense could hold a lead more often than not.

Reactions: AngloCock
If he’s successful there, it will tell us that their ol and backs were effective, their receivers put some giveadam in their route running and caught the balls thrown to them, and that their defense could hold a lead more often than not.
Yep. It's all on the players and not the multimillion dollar HC that has a documented and pitiful history of developing QBs at two different schools.

Year 4 of a rebuild and a bunch of 4*s don't know how to block, run, catch, throw or tackle. Hmmm...

You're absolutely right. I'm ashamed I ever wanted more than below average for this team. LONG LIVE MEDIOCRITY!
(Sarcasm)
Being disgruntled about losing 8 in year 4 of a rebuild is a far cry from expecting to make the playoffs. Even by Gamecock standards, that was an unqualified failure. In fact, it's the worst record by a USC coach in history, not in his first season, that didn't get him fired. I would have counted last season successful if we'd won 7 or 8. 6 would have been breaking even for me. As for Bentley, he regressed to the point he couldn't even hit wide open receivers for easy TDs. It was mental.
Ok, not sure what last season’s record has to do with Jake? He only played one game... Yeah he struggled a bit vs UNC, but that is a pretty small sample size. Prior to the last game or two of the previous season he was lighting up the scoreboard. If he had stayed healthy last season, obviously nobody knows what would have happened but in all likelihood he would have been able to do better than a frosh who himself was not totally healthy and most likely Jake would have left holding the school record in many passing statistics. My point is that being the all time passing leader

Reactions: Brace1
Ok, not sure what last season’s record has to do with Jake? He only played one game... Yeah he struggled a bit vs UNC, but that is a pretty small sample size. Prior to the last game or two of the previous season he was lighting up the scoreboard. If he had stayed healthy last season, obviously nobody knows what would have happened but in all likelihood he would have been able to do better than a frosh who himself was not totally healthy and most likely Jake would have left holding the school record in many passing statistics. My point is that being the all time passing leader
Fair enough assessment. I actually deleted my reply because I thought my sarcasm was over the top. You must have been relying to me at the time.

Go Gamecocks!

That kid took more taunting from our fans than any player I can remember. The idiots blamed him an actual Gamecock rather than overpaid middle aged babies.

Year 4 of a rebuild and a bunch of 4*s don't know how to block, run, catch, throw or tackle. Hmmm...
They weren't real swift at it the two years prior to year one of the rebuild either.

Players have to play. Football players have to make football plays. Scrote up.

They weren't real swift at it the two years prior to year one of the rebuild either.

Players have to play. Football players have to make football plays. Scrote up.
Won 4 games last year. That's the worst season by a USC head coach who was not in his first season that didn't get him fired, even at this perpetually mediocre university. Do you realize what that means the university has settled for? BOOM! has really achieved something historic here, and not positive. Coaches have to coach. It's not enough to be a good recruiter. When he was hired he said you can't coach here if you can't recruit. Can you recruit well here but not coach?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT