ADVERTISEMENT

Why does LSU’s field have numbers every 5 yards?

Jul 24, 2018
I can’t think of any other one that numbers the field that way. And I’ll add the obligatory “Cajuns can’t count” joke.

Was that way when I played in Baton Rouge. Thought it was awesome. Wish every school did that.

Increases the odds of a goal post collision by 100%.
The single support only came about because the NFL used to have the goalposts at the goal line and teams used the supports as blockers. Had it not been for that arrangement, the modern single support post might never have been adopted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
The single support only came about because the NFL used to have the goalposts at the goal line and teams used the supports as blockers. Had it not been for that arrangement, the modern single support post might never have been adopted.
Really? Like just two large posts in the field of play? Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: king ward
Seriously who with common sense would put two posts in the field of play? I’m glad a lightbulb went off for somebody.
The simplistic thought was that the goalposts should be on the goal line. But what happened was that field goals got to be too much a part of the game, so the decision was made to put them on the end line to lessen the impact of placekicking, which it did.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
I’m surprised they haven’t gone to an all orange or purple turf like the Boise State blue tundra. Would give a whole new meaning to, “and there’s orange in the end zone!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT