ADVERTISEMENT

Why Easter Weekend for Spring Game?

CockyinNoVa

Oct 19, 2020
I don't understand why they use that weekend? It really limits the ability of out-of-town fans to attend. I get why USC tries to pair it with a home baseball series. I had hoped to take my family down for a long weekend and see a baseball game and the spring game. However, there is no way I can go and then spend 6-7 hours driving home on Easter Sunday.

I don’t have a problem with snakes, now if you’re talking about spiders on the other hand.
I HATE spiders.
I even freaked out when they had the ice spiders in the episode of The Mandalorian. I walked out of the movie "Arachnophobia" when on a blind date back in the day. The only good spider is a dead spider.
The memo of the destroyed house that says "But I got the spider"... That's me.

I HATE spiders.
I even freaked out when they had the ice spiders in the episode of The Mandalorian. I walked out of the movie "Arachnophobia" when on a blind date back in the day. The only good spider is a dead spider.

I hate spiders as well. I'm okay seeing them on a movie or TV screen but up close and personal? No f'n way.

I HATE spiders.

I signed up during the first gulf war during Desert shield. I did it without reservation, but I want crawl under a house because I’m scared of spider’s

Last edited:
Half of my brain tells me that Beamer either scheduled the Spring Game or Ok the date, either way suck it up buttercup and go the Spring Game...

In no way was this on Beamer since we did this before he was here too. No clue why you had to get all defensive.

It’s the fact USC is losing significant amount of attendances at an event which could help recruiting is poorly thought out. They’ve placed it on a day that prevents anyone outside of 3 hour drive from attending is dumb. Like I said originally, I was hoping to take my family (4 kids under 8) there. No way I can do that with Easter being the next day. I just think it’s another example of missing an opportunity by USC to show the team and recruits the fan support.

I HATE spiders.

I’ll tell Kingston you’d like to see the Richmond Spiders come to town……….nothing like looking under yer seat after every pitch.😊

In no way was this on Beamer since we did this before he was here too. No clue why you had to get all defensive.

It’s the fact USC is losing significant amount of attendances at an event which could help recruiting is poorly thought out. They’ve placed it on a day that prevents anyone outside of 3 hour drive from attending is dumb. Like I said originally, I was hoping to take my family (4 kids under 8) there. No way I can do that with Easter being the next day. I just think it’s another example of missing an opportunity by USC to show the team and recruits the fan support.

So this was done before Beamer, then that's on Muschamp... His parting gift to Carolina fans...

Call Tanner tell him to change the date...

I'm not irritated, I can care less... OP is more irritated because he can't take his kids to the Spring Game because it's Easter Weekend...

How unreasonable of me to want to take my family to a spring game or wonder why they’d schedule on a weekend that could lower attendance. Again, I wasn’t irritated was asking for info on why USC tends to choose that weekend. You seem very angry for no reason.

Btw it’s “I couldn’t care less” just a pet peeve of mine.

How unreasonable of me to want to take my family to a spring game or wonder why they’d schedule on a weekend that could lower attendance. Again, I wasn’t irritated was asking for info on why USC tends to choose that weekend. You seem very angry for no reason.

Btw it’s “I couldn’t care less” just a pet peeve of mine.
Still not sure why this means you cannot attend. If you want to spend the weekend, which i am sure VERY few spring game attendees do, and you want to celebrate Christian Easter, there are plenty of beautiful churches in the Columbia area that I am sure would love to have your family visit. Do an Easter egg hunt for your kids on the Horseshoe. Sounds wonderful to me.

It's turkey season during that time, so in all honesty, nothing else matters during the spring. The fishing is mighty nice then as well. No time for sports in person.
My 2nd thought, after the fact that it's Ole Miss Baseball weekend, is that it's The Heritage weekend. Smalls will probably be caddying at some point that weekend. Y'all look for him on TV. 😁

I HATE spiders.
I take it you wouldn't like my pet tarantula, then?:) Affectionate little guy, sits on my shoulder while I'm on the computer or watching TV...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT