ADVERTISEMENT

Why I didn’t buy tickets to the bowl

shorecock

Nov 15, 2008
Upstate
I really intended on going to the bowl game. At the time I was hoping it would be in Charlotte or maybe Nashville since I had to go there for Christmas. I was actually excited to attend and then Deebo bowed out. First, don’t get me wrong. I know he is only doing what’s best for him. He has a future to think about and I can understand and appreciate that. The bottom line though is if Deebo can do it then so can us fans. How can the program expect us fans to be loyal when the players do what’s best for themselves and not the team. This business about players leaving and forgoing the bowl games has become far more prevalent in the last several years. I understand it but don’t have to like it. After listening to the call on the radio yesterday I’m glad I bowed out.

Reactions: WSPCock11
I regret going too. I figured it was close and it would be an easy trip, turned out to be one of the worst I can remember. I am deffinatelt sitting out the opener vs UNC though. I don't care how many times they call me between now and then to tell me they have plenty tickets left to sell.

Totally agree and I've been thinking about this all morning. If Deebo and other players can opt out of playing because they don't want to take a risk, why would I risk my hard earned money to see a game when I have a mortgage, family who counts on me and planning my retirement. It seems like us Gamecock fans want to win more than the players, coaches, and administration. That was a total embarrassment yesterday! I'm not a loser and won't support losers!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT