ADVERTISEMENT

Will mask slow the spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you trust the New England Journal of Medicine and Lancet too, yet they published a complete fraud study based off a fictional database that doesn't even exist. It stopped many from using it and studying it. MSM harped on it for days. Took 2 weeks for them to pulled the study and say "sorry". Ridiculous. People likely died because they were so anxious to poopoo something Trump had put out there as a possible treatment.

Now, the Henry Ford Healthcare System out of Detroit in a peer-reviewed study of it's patients reports that it not only show it works, but helps significantly in some scenarios.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study
These are observational studies. Akin to anecdotal evidence. It's a good sign and a great start, but far from confirmation that this is a great treatment.There are other similar studies that show it is ineffective. This is why we have controlled studies with accountability for different variables, to weed out the possible problems. I hope it DOES work.

Why is it ridiculous that they had to investigate claims of a false report before they pulled it? On the surface the study looked legit; it wasn't until people started digging into the data that they noticed inconsistencies.

Day 1, new mask rules, as of now there was no effect. Cases went up.
That's like saying relaxing the protocol in GA was super detrimental because on the first day, cases actually spiked. neither is true. 1-2 weeks will show the truth since the cases you see reported today were contracted (and tested) before the new mandates were official. Hell, who knows how backed up some testing sites and labs are right now?

Reactions: Dizzy01
Not a Democrat, and I didn't see people bashing it. They said there wasn't any proof it worked and people should wait for conclusive studies. You still haven't said which doctors... it's like you're hunting for back alley hedge doctors that agree with you and because their opinion fits the narrative you choose, you trust them. I'll continue to trust the CDC, Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic before I trust other doctors who will try to make a name by going against the medical community consensus.
You didn't see anyone bashing the President for using Hydro? Are you serious?

The bottom line is that masks will help some. That was always true. As soon as I heard there was a case here in the US in January, I ordered some for my family. And when the medical professional claimed that didn't help and actually hurt, I didn't believe them. And the only news source I saw questioning that was FoxNews. The rest were criticizing them for "not listening to science".

So, while I wear them, I completely understand why people don't believe the scientists. They have screwed this up beyond belief. First it way, masks don't work. Then it was they actually make you get it. Now they are the only way to stop it. You could only get it by touching a surface with it, then that wasn't a real risk, now it's back to being a risk. Sunlight didn't kill it, then it did. The WHO lied, claiming there was no proof of human-to-human transmissions, when anybody it China knew that was a lie. Hydroxy works, then it kills you, now it works again.

Ultimately, China and the WHO is to blame, but the medical community and scientists has had a catastrophic fail on this one.
Fair and well stated. Thank you!!

Not a Democrat, and I didn't see people bashing it. They said there wasn't any proof it worked and people should wait for conclusive studies. You still haven't said which doctors... it's like you're hunting for back alley hedge doctors that agree with you and because their opinion fits the narrative you choose, you trust them. I'll continue to trust the CDC, Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic before I trust other doctors who will try to make a name by going against the medical community consensus.
If you haven't seen the doctors that said that it worked and it was perfectly safe, you may need to turn the channel... On the other hand YouTube did delete the interviews of anyone questioning the Hydro is deadly narrative.

If you haven't seen the doctors that said that it worked and it was perfectly safe, you may need to turn the channel... On the other hand YouTube did delete the interviews of anyone questioning the Hydro is deadly narrative.
I saw interviews with doctors.... those claims weren't backed by any substantial testing and controlled study. No one said they were wrong (except the false study that, again, appeared legitimate until it was proven to be worthless fluff), they said there was no conclusive evidence they were right.

Reactions: Expro19
You didn't see anyone bashing the President for using Hydro? Are you serious?
Yes. I did. People using a drug that hasn't been tested for off label use is stupid, especially when you don't know if it works. I didn't see anyone directly bashing the idea that hydrochloroquine as a solution was possible. Idiocy of Trump aside, anyone attempting to use medication for unapproved uses is plain stupid, hands down. But defend bad practices since it appears he may have been right. I'm more upset that false studies caused delays in getting good studies on the drug and has cost people's lives in the process. I wonder if criminal charges can be brought against them?

Yes. I did. People using a drug that hasn't been tested for off label use is stupid, especially when you don't know if it works. I didn't see anyone directly bashing the idea that hydrochloroquine as a solution was possible. Idiocy of Trump aside, anyone attempting to use medication for unapproved uses is plain stupid, hands down. But defend bad practices since it appears he may have been right. I'm more upset that false studies caused delays in getting good studies on the drug and has cost people's lives in the process. I wonder if criminal charges can be brought against them?
I hope so... Republican or Democrat if they pressured Doctors not to use it because of politics alone, they should be held liable. I don't believe they will be but they should be.

Reactions: paladin181
Masks was a generalization. Of course there are different masks that work. The average person doesn't have those. They have the cheap store bought masks that are not effective against Covid.. That's not me saying it, it came from my doctor at the VA Wednesday.. He said doctors wear them to prevent bacteria and fluids from being transferred during surgeries..

No generic mask company is going to say they stop the wearer from getting COVID just like no car manufacturer says if you wear a seat belt in their car you won’t die in a car crash.

Masks aren’t meant to protect the wearer from getting COVID. Any 3 year old that watches tv knows that fact because it’s repeated 15 times a day. Somehow, unsurprisingly, you miss it.

if you asked your “VA doctor” if a mask was protecting you, he likely thought you were goofy and said what everyone already knows: masks aren’t designed to protect the wearer from getting sick. That’s not their purpose for the 10,000,000th time.

how about using common sense for once.

This is why you can't put your trust in one man who flip flops...

This man has a vested effort in Gilead Remdesivir because the drug is expensive and asking people to pay for a drug that may or may not work well on all people.. This is a treatment drug, not a cure drug...

Watch the Always Wrong Dr. Fauci In March Tell People NOT To Wear a Mask

If we had done the opposite of everything he said, things would have been so much better. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been wrong every step of the way, always giving the wrong advice, always making totally inaccurate predictions (see the list below the video). Here's one more example - on March 8th he tells 60 Minutes that people should NOT wear a mask!

This man has a vested effort in Gilead Remdesivir because the drug is expensive and asking people to pay for a drug that may or may not work well on all people.. This is a treatment drug, not a cure drug...

If we had done the opposite of everything he said, things would have been so much better. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been wrong every step of the way, always giving the wrong advice, always making totally inaccurate predictions (see the list below the video). Here's one more example - on March 8th he tells 60 Minutes that people should NOT wear a mask!

Remdesivir isn't even expensive. It costs less than$1 per dose to manufacture. But they'll sell it at well over $500 a dose to insurance and over $2000 a dose to the uninsured.

No generic mask company is going to say they stop the wearer from getting COVID just like no car manufacturer says if you wear a seat belt in their car you won’t die in a car crash.

Masks aren’t meant to protect the wearer from getting COVID. Any 3 year old that watches tv knows that fact because it’s repeated 15 times a day. Somehow, unsurprisingly, you miss it.

if you asked your “VA doctor” if a mask was protecting you, he likely thought you were goofy and said what everyone already knows: masks aren’t designed to protect the wearer from getting sick. That’s not their purpose for the 10,000,000th time.

how about using common sense for once.
No shit... Still spitting in cops faces, burn any buildings down yesterday? Do y'all take Sundays off?

Remdesivir isn't even expensive. It costs less than$1 per dose to manufacture. But they'll sell it at well over $500 a dose to insurance and over $2000 a dose to the uninsured.
And it was found to be ineffective. Nice try by big Pharma to make more big bucks.

That is so true.... He's getting paid to be an expert and anyone off the street would have been right more often than him... Let that sink in.. The supposed World Premier doctor on the subject hasn't gotten anything right. Now he gets on TV and will play both sides like " well it could do this or I'm not optimistic about this or that. We might as well be listening to a person off the street.. That dude has lost all credibility and is embarrassing that he is our expert.... Many doctors questioned him from the beginning and they were silenced by the media and big tech.. Why?

Until we reach herd immunity or get a very effective vaccine, nothing is going to stop this virus. Masks are not 100% effective. I would not doubt if NYC ran antibody tests on all of their residents, they would probably have 10X more cases than is currently shown - remember at that point, tests were only be run on folks with symptoms and there is a lot of asymptomatic folks out there

my suggestion is to protect the old and let the younger kids socialize all they want (as long as the do not have preexisting)
Been done. The number was 14 percent.

Been done. The number was 14 percent.
One question for those who are against. Would you get surgery performed in a hospital where the surgical team did not wear masks? And remember they are not wearing N95's, just surgical masks. Why bother??

Masks was a generalization. Of course there are different masks that work. The average person doesn't have those. They have the cheap store bought masks that are not effective against Covid.. That's not me saying it, it came from my doctor at the VA Wednesday.. He said doctors wear them to prevent bacteria and fluids from being transferred during surgeries..
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/research-identified-most-least-effective-132900374.html

This article presents a pretty thorough study about gases and water particles escaping various types of masks.. they say that wearing any face covering is better than mot wearing none. The degree of effectiveness varies but they are all at least somewhat effective in slowing the spread.

Last edited:
New Jersey governor will sign an executive order face mask outdoors

N.J. will now require people wear masks outside to battle coronavirus, Murphy says

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...utside-to-battle-coronavirus-murphy-says.html

“If you’re there by yourself or with your family, the answer is no,” the governor said. “But if you’re congregating with a lot of other folks and there’s no social distancing, you’re gonna at least get a warning, if not something stronger.”

“Admittedly, this is harder to enforce, which is why it’s not a no-brainer,” he added. “But we have to take this step, particularly given the hotspots we’re seeing elsewhere in the country. We’ve gone through hell in New Jersey. We’ve lost over 13,000 people. We’ve brought our numbers way down. We can’t go through that hell again.”

Murphy is expected to discuss the new executive order more at his coronavirus briefing in Trenton at 1 p.m.

The question not asked???

"We’ve lost over 13,000 people." How many people died in nursing homes or nursing assistant facilities after the patients with COVID 19 have been ordered to stay in nursing homes or nursing assistant facilities???

Would Jesus wear a mask?

Nah, I'm sure He'd think it wasnt worth the trouble to protect others and help the economy

Would Jesus wear a mask?

Nah, I'm sure He'd think it wasnt worth the trouble to protect others and help the economy

Jesus wouldn't hide behind a mask...

When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”

Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

Jesus wouldn't hide behind a mask...

When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”

Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”
Whatever man, theres no reasoning with you trolls.

I hope this thing culls a lot of fat and old people, clearing society out for healthy millennials. That's why I dont wear a mask

Any mandate by a state or local government in SC is unconstitutional under the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution. This amendments protects citizens from self incrimination. In SC there is a law forbidding the wearing of face coverings that hide the identity of the person in public. Since the mask requirement is in direct contradiction to that law, no person can go in public without committing a violation of law. If they wear the mask they are violating state law. If they do not wear a mask they are violating local law. This is precisely the kind of thing the founding forefathers were trying to prevent.

Any mandate by a state or local government in SC is unconstitutional under the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution. This amendments protects citizens from self incrimination. In SC there is a law forbidding the wearing of face coverings that hide the identity of the person in public. Since the mask requirement is in direct contradiction to that law, no person can go in public without committing a violation of law. If they wear the mask they are violating state law. If they do not wear a mask they are violating local law. This is precisely the kind of thing the founding forefathers were trying to prevent.
Has anyone ever been prosecuted in SC for wearing a mask? Has anyone in Columbia been fined for NOT wearing a mask? The legality of wearing a mask is not the real heart of the issue here...

Has anyone ever been prosecuted in SC for wearing a mask? Has anyone in Columbia been fined for NOT wearing a mask? The legality of wearing a mask is not the real heart of the issue here...
So if no one is ever charged, what is the point of the law? Apparently, it is to make political points with no intention of protecting the public.

This is silly.

Why cant you right wingers just be men and say, I'm not wearing a mask so that you might die.

That's my policy, and it feels good to be honest about it

This is silly.

Why cant you right wingers just be men and say, I'm not wearing a mask so that you might die.

That's my policy, and it feels good to be honest about it
Because I don't do that. I wear one when I'm supposed to. That does not negate the fact that the law is unconstitutional. Why can't you liberals ever make a coherent argument with facts rather than just make disparaging comments? It really shows your lack of intellect.

The law grants the right to wear masks if given consent. Do you think the ordinances do not provide consent?

That is incorrect. The ordinance is a mandatory one.
Being mandatory isn’t unconstitutional and being mandatory also provides consent which would seem to meet the exceptions provided by the state law concerning masks.

Being mandatory isn’t unconstitutional and being mandatory also provides consent which would seem to meet the exceptions provided by the state law concerning masks.
That is totally nonsensical. Mandatory means it is a requirement. You cannot require someone to break the law, hence the very reason for the 5th Amendment.

That is totally nonsensical. Mandatory means it is a requirement. You cannot require someone to break the law, hence the very reason for the 5th Amendment.
You’re ignoring the fact that the law allows wearing a mask with consent. The mandatory requirement would be consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT