ADVERTISEMENT

With the new renovation, the WB capacity is down to 77,000 plus.*

Which ramp.had porta-johns?
Last time I sat in the east upper, there was a porta-john - might have been more than one - situated on the southeast ramp between the upper and lower decks. I don't sit over there enough to know whether this was a usual case of something temporary. This was Muschamp's first year - Tennessee game.

Very small. One has to sit like they are in a Barber Shop Quartet with their shoulders parallel to the field. Been to UT many times over the years.

The best part of going to a UT game was the BBQ sponsored by the Knoxville Gamecock Club. The Knoxville Gamecock Club hasn't sponsored the BBQ in a few years. But it was fantastic.
I thought the food at Neyland was varied and delicious. Food at WB is not great.

Agree with King and some others. The arms race for ever larger stadiums is changing into an arms race for more luxurious amenities, even at the cost of fewer seats. NCAA attendance has been trending down for a decade, driven by the fact that almost every game is televised, and the increasingly unaffordable cost of tickets, dues, etc.

COVID will only accelerate these trends. As more people stay home this fall, they will realize what a great option it is to view games in the comfort of their own homes. Fewer people will return to stadiums in 2021. Booster club revenues and ticket sales will decrease dramatically. Its going to be interesting to watch this trend over the next 5 to 10 years.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT