ADVERTISEMENT

Would Dump Muschamp for Urban

if you don’t agree, I can’t help you with anything. He turns around programs faster than anyone else, instant credibility in recruiting, and you can’t argue with wins and championships. Coming purely from a football point of view.

1 - not going to happen.

2 - South Carolina job isn’t Florida or Ohio State (Utah and Bowling Green much easier as well)

3 - He never had as much baggage as he has today

Urban was a great coach. But anyone who hires him now will face some scrutiny. If he wants to coach, no doubt somebody will hire him. If we had an open position it’s probably worth the risk. But we don’t so I’m staying loyal to our coach for now. I could see him at Notre Dame or somewhere he won’t have any problems recruiting.

if you don’t agree, I can’t help you with anything. He turns around programs faster than anyone else, instant credibility in recruiting, and you can’t argue with wins and championships. Coming purely from a football point of view.

I feel dirty just hearing his name. Think about your comment… He turns around programs. Name me one dumpster fire he inherited? Reality is he did well at Florida and when things started going south he made up the health excuse to bail. He knew Florida was going to be going downhill slightly because they have been at the mountaintop.

Reactions: futuresnow
Nope. And here's a pretty fair reasoning (one reason at least) as to why...

Following Urban Meyer’s retirement, social media speculates he’ll take a certain job in 2020

The bombshell news that Urban Meyer was retiring dropped early Tuesday morning. Some media members were shocked, while others expected it.

This isn’t the first time this has happened either. He retired at Florida in 2010 due to health concerns and to spend more time with his family. A rejuvenated Meyer spent one year at ESPN before landing the Ohio State head coaching job in 2012.

So, everyone is asking the question, ‘Will Urban Meyer coach again?’

Of course, only Meyer holds the keys to that answer, but social media is already speculating he’ll return in a big way in 2020. Southern Cal retained embattled head coach Clay Helton after the 2018 season, and most figure that Helton is not the answer in the long run.

Enter Urban Meyer in 2020.

Even with Meyer’s retirement, Helton’s seat may have gotten a little hotter. Interestingly, Meyer has always called Notre Dame his dream job after having been an assistant there earlier in his career, but Brian Kelly doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere, as the Irish are in the College Football Playoff this year.

So, everyone is speculating Meyer will return at USC in 2020.

Yep, that's how it works. It's like trading baseball cards.

I would rather have Skip Holtz than Urban. Can't stand that guy. I wish Urban, Dabo, and Harbaugh would join a staff together so I could consolidate all of my hate for them at one school. All the are d-bags. Could call call the school DBU.

Reactions: BogCockGuy
I know several members of our BOT plus our Prez who would reject Urban before you completed your sentence re: his hiring. The Legislature would freak-out. Bottom line: no, never.

However, if you removed the most recent issue with the assistant coach, plus a few other matters . . . nah, I still don't think they'd do it.

USC has been through the scandals and had to forfeit lots of games. I don't think they would touch Urban Meyer. Too many good young coaches.

Uuhmm, NO. This guy had players on scholarship that nearly beat a kis to death, and let them skate. One player so far that killed himself. Not to mention an assistant who beat their wife and ordered assorted gifts. Too much shade bro.

Meyer is good for about 5 years. He will hire good coaches and will bring in talented, but at times flawed, recruits. He will win you a bunch of games, but can not sustain it. He's a damned good coach.....maybe the best in the first 5+\- years....but his shelf life is short and you are left to deal with the fallout.

Urban would not set foot in the SEC. Finebaum on TV everyday criticizing him would be too overbearing for Urban's ego. It was so bad over this past issue, Urban's wife went after Finebaum.

The man allowed a woman abuser on his staff for nearly a decade. All around creepy to think about that . I would rather go 7-5 And have an ethical man as HC than go 12-0 And have a man who is ok with keeping wife beater around. At some point you have to understand football isn't that important

Meyer never coaches anywhere that he doesn't leave the place stinking with some controversy. He's like having a pet baby bear, it's cool and exciting at first but in a few years he kills everything and leaves it to rot when he bolts, I'm okay with Muschamp.

Reactions: rogue cock
1 - not going to happen.

2 - South Carolina job isn’t Florida or Ohio State (Utah and Bowling Green much easier as well)

3 - He never had as much baggage as he has today

Urban was a great coach. But anyone who hires him now will face some scrutiny. If he wants to coach, no doubt somebody will hire him. If we had an open position it’s probably worth the risk. But we don’t so I’m staying loyal to our coach for now. I could see him at Notre Dame or somewhere he won’t have any problems recruiting.
ND has a coach in good standing who isn't contemplating retirement, so far as I know. That job might not be open for quite some time to come. Secondly, Meyer might too damaged for the priests to hire him, even if they wanted to.

Meyer never coaches anywhere that he doesn't leave the place stinking with some controversy. He's like having a pet baby bear, it's cool and exciting at first but in a few years he kills everything and leaves it to rot when he bolts, I'm okay with Muschamp.
Ohio State isn't in ruins by any means. If it goes sideways from here, it will be because the new coach can't measure up to the old coach, a la Ron Zook.

Reactions: ddw1263
I’m telling y’all ... Urban to the Browns . Sounds crazy but if they throw 100 million like the Raiders did at Gruden .. he’s gonna bite . He won’t be successful but he will be rich . Hometown boy , low expectations , a lot of young talent , rapid fanbase . You get them to 8-8 every year and he’s a Demi-God In Ohio .

ND has a coach in good standing who isn't contemplating retirement, so far as I know. That job might not be open for quite some time to come. Secondly, Meyer might too damaged for the priests to hire him, even if they wanted to.

Give it time. Kelly almost got fired after last season. Might test NFL. His name has come up there before.

Naw. He's to young for a hof coach to come here. Needs to be at least in mid-60s

Reactions: Brace1
I’m telling y’all ... Urban to the Browns . Sounds crazy but if they throw 100 million like the Raiders did at Gruden .. he’s gonna bite . He won’t be successful but he will be rich . Hometown boy , low expectations , a lot of young talent , rapid fanbase . You get them to 8-8 every year and he’s a Demi-God In Ohio .
That sounds like our loser fanbase. Anyone that would choose Muschamp over Urban is a loser. I want one freaking football championship. Everyone made fun of Butch at UT but that's exactly what our fans want. Damn near pitiful how pathetic we are. Poor little Gamecocks. We just can't do any better. Well, no damn wonder. No nuts to do what it takes. NO ONE CARES THAT UNC CHEATED FOR DECADES....FREAKING NO ONE. It doesn't matter. Either get in the pig pen or just freaking celebrate mediocrity with Sparky 2.0

That sounds like our loser fanbase. Anyone that would choose Muschamp over Urban is a loser. I want one freaking football championship. Everyone made fun of Butch at UT but that's exactly what our fans want. Damn near pitiful how pathetic we are. Poor little Gamecocks. We just can't do any better. Well, no damn wonder. No nuts to do what it takes. NO ONE CARES THAT UNC CHEATED FOR DECADES....FREAKING NO ONE. It doesn't matter. Either get in the pig pen or just freaking celebrate mediocrity with Sparky 2.0
Says the guy who "thumbs up" all the tater trolls' posts.

Reactions: Gaimcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT