ADVERTISEMENT

Would Dump Muschamp for Urban

if you don’t agree, I can’t help you with anything. He turns around programs faster than anyone else, instant credibility in recruiting, and you can’t argue with wins and championships. Coming purely from a football point of view.
Yeah until he thinks his team might go down hill when players leave like UF and Utah and then he has health issues.

Reactions: rogue cock
That sounds like our loser fanbase. Anyone that would choose Muschamp over Urban is a loser. I want one freaking football championship. Everyone made fun of Butch at UT but that's exactly what our fans want. Damn near pitiful how pathetic we are. Poor little Gamecocks. We just can't do any better. Well, no damn wonder. No nuts to do what it takes. NO ONE CARES THAT UNC CHEATED FOR DECADES....FREAKING NO ONE. It doesn't matter. Either get in the pig pen or just freaking celebrate mediocrity with Sparky 2.0

Yeah. I feel the same way. Winning seems secondary to most of these “bowl eligible” lovers. Ray Tanner is glad that folks are ok with crap football. Makes his job easier.

....and leaves every program in ruins. TOSU may be the only school to avoid his scorched earth policy.
How many East titles have we won since he left UF in ruin? How many major bowl games have we played in? Now, how many East titles have they won since he left? How many major bowl appearances? Seems like we are the one in perpetual ruin. I get it...you want a unicorn. Unicorns dont exist.

Skip Holts over Urban Meyer??? LMAO...Man, seeing stuff like this makes me embarrassed to be a gamecock fan sometimes. Thanks everyone for reminding me why we’re not a football school.
We must not be any kind of school since the majority of our fans seem to think we need to forget the "school" part and just espouse athletics...this attitude is amazing.:mad:

We must not be any kind of school since the majority of our fans seem to think we need to forget the "school" part and just espouse athletics...this attitude is amazing.:mad:
See UNC. They still in business? Their diplomas still carry more weight? Yep. It's the world we live in. Money>Education

Urban would not last 6 months here, he would have have "health issues" and have to step down immediately, once he realized the scope of the job vs starting a Florida and Ohio State.

He may get through Spring Practice but would not make it to game 1.

Reactions: Athenscock1
Florida and Ohio State are AACU universities. Enough said on the "school part". They've got it covered.

Florida and Ohio State are AACU universities. Enough said on the "school part". They've got it covered.
As is Michigan, Texas, and several other schools that do well in athletics. You can do both but you can not sacrifice academics for the sake of athletics. That's not the manner in which they attained there AAU status.

Reactions: spook spook
See UNC. They still in business? Their diplomas still carry more weight? Yep. It's the world we live in. Money>Education
They were an elite educational institution long before they had an elite athletic program. And, yes, they were hurt academically....they lost there academic accreditation for a year by SACS, the accrediting organization for our area. Whether you realize it or not, that put a black mark on their academic status.

How many East titles have we won since he left UF in ruin? How many major bowl games have we played in? Now, how many East titles have they won since he left? How many major bowl appearances? Seems like we are the one in perpetual ruin. I get it...you want a unicorn. Unicorns dont exist.
As I said, Urban is a miracle worker for about 5 years, then someone has to come in and clean up the mess....and it's typically a big mess. TOSU may be the only, or one of the few, that can avoid it because of their unmatched history of not having "down" years.

As I said, Urban is a miracle worker for about 5 years, then someone has to come in and clean up the mess....and it's typically a big mess. TOSU may be the only, or one of the few, that can avoid it because of their unmatched history of not having "down" years.
might be he will take a correspondents course and become a world renowned proctologist- HOORAH!

That sounds like our loser fanbase. Anyone that would choose Muschamp over Urban is a loser. I want one freaking football championship. Everyone made fun of Butch at UT but that's exactly what our fans want. Damn near pitiful how pathetic we are. Poor little Gamecocks. We just can't do any better. Well, no damn wonder. No nuts to do what it takes. NO ONE CARES THAT UNC CHEATED FOR DECADES....FREAKING NO ONE. It doesn't matter. Either get in the pig pen or just freaking celebrate mediocrity with Sparky 2.0

Someone didn’t take their Prozac. Meyer was at UF and Ohio State.....both were historically top ten recruiting classes regardless of coaches. Meyer doesn’t attract talent because of who he is.....it’s because of where he was. Talent wins and we need more of it. Muschamp is moving us there. Meyer is a decent offensive coach.....but Tim Tebow made him better....look what happened when Tebow graduated. Same can be said for the taters with Watson or Auburn with Cam Newton. Sometimes you get that one special player that elevates your program. We got that, then let it slip away after (Clowney / Lattimore)

Someone didn’t take their Prozac. Meyer was at UF and Ohio State.....both were historically top ten recruiting classes regardless of coaches. Meyer doesn’t attract talent because of who he is.....it’s because of where he was. Talent wins and we need more of it. Muschamp is moving us there. Meyer is a decent offensive coach.....but Tim Tebow made him better....look what happened when Tebow graduated. Same can be said for the taters with Watson or Auburn with Cam Newton. Sometimes you get that one special player that elevates your program. We got that, then let it slip away after (Clowney / Lattimore)
For the record, he also won pretty big at Bowling Green and Utah.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/urban-meyer-1.html

I suspect if you did a study of just the football players and not include the student body where real students are it would be a different story, especially at Florida.

I suspect if you did a study of just the football players and not include the student body where real students are it would be a different story, especially at Florida.
That would probably be true a lot of places, maybe most places. I suspect the schools you mentioned, unlike one across our northern border, don't have to make any apologies to anybody in the overall. They certainly don't owe any to you or me.

Well, he left a cultural mess at Florida, I'll give you that. But they didn't fire him. He'd likely be there today if he hadn't quit. But Urban was free to stay at TOSU as long as he wanted to. They had their chance to be rid of him and didn't take it. Doesn't sound like they think they have a mess to me. They elevated one of his assistants, after all. Neither have I heard any rumblings out of Bowling Green or Utah about him, other than being sorry to lose him. I'm not following the term "typically" in this case.

No offense to the OP but this looks like a troll post.
It's like the mangled cars strategically placed in front of the school to remind people not to drink and drive.
It's like the rubber-neckers (me too) who have been stuck on the interstate for 2 hours and finally getting to see the carnage, up close and personal.

Nonetheless, I'll play.

no

Reactions: tngamecock#
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT