ADVERTISEMENT

Wtf, Johnson blows it again...

He has blown a save and taken a loss in each of the last 3 sec series. I would move him to the starting rotation, maybe he would do better without the late inning pressure on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
Monday we will have a notice telling us Johnson is nursing another sore arm. It will be like Hyman giving Odom his war chest of credibility.

Its obviously too late now, but why dont we make Hill our closer this weekend. He never gets thru the 6th inning anyway when he starts. Why not let him close? Let Reagan start Saturday and Scott on Sunday. Use Bowers, Hill, and Parke out of the pen and whoever else that can throw a strike. This probably wont work either though because we will only score 3 runs a game.

I will agree he's looked more like Wild Thing than an All American recently.

Monday we will have a notice telling us Johnson is nursing another sore arm. It will be like Hyman giving Odom his war chest of credibility.
I've been waiting for that top secret injury list to come out for weeks. It's existence gets a mention every once in a while. Might be a good time to declassify.

Being told Johnson wanted to throw different pitches but Holbrook wouldn't let him. It's truly sad how Chad Holbrook has personally driven this program into the ground.

Being told Johnson wanted to throw different pitches but Holbrook wouldn't let him. It's truly sad how Chad Holbrook has personally driven this program into the ground.

It's almost as if he's intentionally wrecking our program.

Down two runs in the 9th on Sunday, our leadoff batter tries to bunt for a hit.

Have we had anyone bunt for a hit this year?

Being told Johnson wanted to throw different pitches but Holbrook wouldn't let him.
Interesting. There's typically only one reason a pitcher is denied a second pitch, it's usually because he hasn't learned to control his first. Evidently Holbrook wanted all of Johnson's efforts to go to hitting his spots. I don't really see anything wrong with that, but there's always a chance Johnson could start clicking under different coaching going forward.

He has blown a save and taken a loss in each of the last 3 sec series. I would move him to the starting rotation, maybe he would do better without the late inning pressure on him.

Oh, for the love of Mercy! Don't put any pressure on these kids! Day-um! Since Little League they've been taught to avoid pressure - it screws up Karma or something!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT