ADVERTISEMENT

XT will be announcing Dec 20 that's his birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as XT enjoys being recruited, my guess is this one is a signing day announcement with all the games and frills

XT is a Gamecock! The love for your "team" growing up has a lot of pull in your decision, especially when the alternative is the arch rival. He will come correct and be the foundation of our rebirth.

XT is a Gamecock! The love for your "team" growing up has a lot of pull in your decision, especially when the alternative is the arch rival. He will come correct and be the foundation of our rebirth.
I feel as though reading some posts that I'm reading the book of isaiah and the promise of the coming messiah for our program.

I feel as though reading some posts that I'm reading the book of isaiah and the promise of the coming messiah for our program.

He will be a huge piece in reestablishing the Gamecock defense as a unit to be feared...As for the savior of the program...He is already on campus..His name is Jake Bentley...We finally have a great QB to lead us on and off the field..His impact will be very similar to Connor Shaw..I say this with full belief Wolford can erase the incompetent Oline play..XT is a great great prospect..But honestly, if you don't have a great QB, you have nothing

Reactions: bmhood1984
He will be a huge piece in reestablishing the Gamecock defense as a unit to be feared...As for the savior of the program...He is already on campus..His name is Jake Bentley...We finally have a great QB to lead us on and off the field..His impact will be very similar to Connor Shaw..I say this with full belief Wolford can erase the incompetent Oline play..XT is a great great prospect..But honestly, if you don't have a great QB, you have nothing
I would absolutely love it if we got XT, but we can be successful without him if he does choose to go to Clemson. I agree we have a brighter future because of Bentley, I believe we have one of the most underrated recieving corps in the nation. I expect Kiel pollard to be a big piece this year, at least a surprise name people don't know about. The offensive line can come together, but idk if they can in one season...defensive line will be vastly improved I believe, linebacker will be somewhat of a struggle I believe. I think we will play more 4-2-5 as the year goes on.

I would absolutely love it if we got XT, but we can be successful without him if he does choose to go to Clemson. I agree we have a brighter future because of Bentley, I believe we have one of the most underrated recieving corps in the nation. I expect Kiel pollard to be a big piece this year, at least a surprise name people don't know about. The offensive line can come together, but idk if they can in one season...defensive line will be vastly improved I believe, linebacker will be somewhat of a struggle I believe. I think we will play more 4-2-5 as the year goes on.

XT is a Gamecock...I'll guarantee it...If we have a total disaster season, things could go the taters way...But i think next years team will make a big leap forward...As for the Oline, i have been preaching for 3 years on the incompetence of the previous Oline Coach...I think this season will validate the fans who recognized the ineptitude and wanted him gone years ago...It's not so much that Wolford will work a miracle in one year..It's the coaching competence to get the right players on the field, executing their assignments and blocking a defender on each snap...Even if they block the wrong defender, just get rid of all the whiffs and we're much better

Reactions: rogue cock
If you have him on Twitter be sure to show him some gamecock love.

Ok... Who is XT and why do we have to wait until he or she announces for whatever; I have no clue who it is and have to wait until December 20 and it's February 26 right now....

Waiting with bated breath for about 10 to 11 months???? While the rest of the world passes us by....

Do we have a count down clock yet????

Last edited:
Reactions: Crutcher1
As long as we show progress this year. 8 or so wins, he is a Gamecock no doubt.

Hope he does come here. Someone please tell me how we will slow down opposing offenses. Better temper your expectations. We have zero depth at linebackers and the secondary will be chock full of true freshmen. Offensively we will score more points. Going to have to. Won't stop many teams.

Hope he does come here. Someone please tell me how we will slow down opposing offenses. Better temper your expectations. We have zero depth at linebackers and the secondary will be chock full of true freshmen. Offensively we will score more points. Going to have to. Won't stop many teams.
very pessimistic...Linebacker is a place where young athletes can do very well if they have talent...We will be less experienced but far more talented at linebacker...King, Lammons, Smith, Chalmers, Nixon and Montac are not freshmen

Reactions: BigTomE
Ok... Who is XT and why do we have to wait until he or she announces for whatever; I have no clue who it is and have to wait until December 20 and it's February 26 right now....

Waiting with bated breath for about 10 to 11 months???? While the rest of the world passes us by....

Do we have a count down clock yet????
Overreact much?
Xavier Thomas= XT... the best rated prospect out of SC since well, Clowney! Hate to keep mentioning the two in the same breath, but it is hard avoid the comparisons...
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3332

I'd assume any well versed Gamecock fan woulda heard of this guy by now.. Easily the most important recruit we are targeting in the forseeable future, most talked about guy in this region for 2018...

A player ranked # 1 in the country by some services has us in the final 2, one that flashes some LT Like ability:

giphy.gif

The defense will not be learning a new scheme for the first time in a long time, which will show on the field. The defense has not had back to back seasons with the same defensive scheme since 2013/2014. I honestly believe that our defense will take a huge leap forward in the second year under Muschamp/Robinson. I think DJ Wonnum will have a breakout season playing the BUCK position. There is much more competition at DB this season, so that should instantly improve our defensive backfield. Dante Sawyer, Stephon Taylor, and Shameik Blackshear were all able to go through an entire offseason of strength training which is something they were not able to do last season.

Reactions: Gradstudent
The defense will not be learning a new scheme for the first time in a long time, which will show on the field. The defense has not had back to back seasons with the same defensive scheme since 2013/2014. I honestly believe that our defense will take a huge leap forward in the second year under Muschamp/Robinson. I think DJ Wonnum will have a breakout season playing the BUCK position. There is much more competition at DB this season, so that should instantly improve our defensive backfield. Dante Sawyer, Stephon Taylor, and Shameik Blackshear were all able to go through an entire offseason of strength training which is something they were not able to do last season.

Team speed is improving and all starts up front and as Coach Thompson stated, Javon Kinlaw will give him his first true 3 technique that looks like a 3 technique and when they double team him still wont be able to move him!

That's a big dude who will make a huge difference (See what i did there)

C2AYBL0XAAIFea9.jpg

Overreact much?
Xavier Thomas= XT... the best rated prospect out of SC since well, Clowney! Hate to keep mentioning the two in the same breath, but it is hard avoid the comparisons...
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3332

I'd assume any well versed Gamecock fan woulda heard of this guy by now.. Easily the most important recruit we are targeting in the forseeable future, most talked about guy in this region for 2018...

No, I have no clue who XT or Xavier Thomas...

I really don't keep up with recruiting.... Following teenage boys isn't one of mine hobbies...

Reminder back in the late 80 early 90's Sparky recruited the best player in SC, I think he was from Conway area??? A DL or linebacker, I think his last name Mitchell??? Went to Michigan and transferred to Carolina...

Never pan out...

Last edited:
To those of you that grew up Carolina fans, can you ever see yourself playing for Clemson?

Stranger things have happened. Scott Wingo, probably the greatest fielding 2nd baseman in Gamecock baseball history, grew up as a Clemson fan. His dad starred in football and baseball at Clemson. He probably never imagined that growing up.

Stranger things have happened. Scott Wingo, probably the greatest fielding 2nd baseman in Gamecock baseball history, grew up as a Clemson fan. His dad starred in football and baseball at Clemson. He probably never imagined that growing up.

Jackleg didn't recruit Wingo until after he committed to us.

Reactions: lawcalcock

I really don't keep up with recruiting.... Following teenage boys isn't one of mine hobbies...

Reminder back in the late 80 early 90's Sparky recruited the best player in SC, I think he was from Conway area??? A DL or linebacker, I think his last name Mitchell??? Went to Michigan and transferred to Carolina...

Never pan out...

Following teenage boys sounds a little creepy, but reading headlines in recruiting is much different. As for twitter, I never subscribed, nor intend to. As for the coaches, they have to in order to stay on top of things. If the recruits are doing it, you bet your ass the coaches better be doing it as well. If not, you are a step behind the other schools doing it. Difficult for me to believe you are not aware of Xavier Thomas. With 7 on 7's, camps, and other resources, the evaluations of high school players is way beyond what it was in the 80's and 90's. XT is the real deal, and will put pressure on the QB, which will make secondary's that much better. There was this other guy who did the same thing a few years back.

Never pan out...
i think he coaches baseball, lets hope we can wait til then...
giphy.gif

Never pan out...

Your getting 2 guys mixed up, i went to school in the early 90's and remember both.

The player from Conway was Lawrence Mitchell, knee injuries derailed him

A 6'6", 225-pound linebacker, Lawrence can run a half mile in 2:05. In basketball, he averaged 26 points and 16 rebounds as a junior. During the '88 football season, while opposing offenses tried to avoid him, he made a team-high 116 tackles. According to Super Prep magazine he is one of the two best schoolboy linebackers in the country.

JJ Brown went to Michigan and then transferred to USC but just never was as advertised

http://www.goupstate.com/news/19950323/usc39s-brown-hopes-hard-work-pays-off

JJ Brown got moved to DE but he was not a big overpowering player or physical presence, the first time i saw him he was kind of a normal looking guy and nevr found a true home kind of a tweener not fast enough for LB or big enough for DE.

Lawrence Mitchell on the other hand looked like a potential superstar, but he lost his wheels and didn't have the technique, he played some but was never dominate.

But XT is different, with all the camps today, evals are more accurate, and he is basically unstoppable against the nations best OL, his game is different then Clowney, but same class of elite prospect.

Probably only a few us remember those guys, I know Irmo Red does he has a quite extensive impressive history of USC recruiting knowledge.

Last edited:

Never pan out...
No, and apparently you don't remember him very well if you can't recall the guy's name! LOL

I don't know what gives you the idea they "never pan out", but Jeffrey, Gilmore, Clowney, Lattimore... Are a couple names of teenage boys I bet you DID "follow" for a couple years and I'd say they "panned out".

If you don't follow recruiting... what are you posting here for? I don't follow it much myself any more but I STILL KNEW WHO XT WAS, Because I follow FOOTBALL. And JFTR, the condescending passive aggressive "I don't follow teenage boys" comment is total BULLSHIT. YOU FOLLOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL, COLLEGE BASEBALL, COLLEGE BASKETBALL... all of which are PLAYED BY TEENAGE BOYS! Errrrgggooo YOU DO FOLLOW TEENAGE BOYS.

If you don't know recruiting, don't come into a recruiting thread implying others are inferior to you for knowing something you don't. You are acting like an elementary school child picking on his friend for doing homework he was too lazy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT