ADVERTISEMENT

You Can Question The Process, But Not The Hire...yet

CavDad62

Sep 9, 2010
yes, the process has been a little sideways, especially since we've had half a football season to get to the hire.

But the actual hire (whoever it may have been) will require us to wait a few years to see how it turns out before we can say if it was a good hire our not.

Not saying this because it is Muschamp...if it were Riley, Smart, Herman, or whoever, all of them have question marks (many have no head coaching experience...or very little).

At least Muschamp had a trial run at Florida to learn from.

Just saying...regardless of our hire, it will take a few years to see how it pans out.

The process probably needs a few stand-up answers from our AD.

Reactions: cocky4
No...we can and should call BS on the hiring of a reject HC like Champ.
Now, if he works out...we say that we are glad.

But this hire stinks to the heavens...and he should get no more than 2 seasons start a major revival.
Look where he left UF after 4. We would be without hope in a 3-4 year repeat of UF.

Reactions: trekcock
No...we can and should call BS on the hiring of a reject HC like Champ.
Now, if he works out...we say that we are glad.

But this hire stinks to the heavens...and he should get no more than 2 seasons start a major revival.
Look where he left UF after 4. We would be without hope in a 3-4 year repeat of UF.

I hear you...but then to be consistent, you would have had to call BS on a Kirby Smart or Lincoln Riley hire because, by God, how can an SEC school put a program in the hands of someone who has never put together a coaching staff or coached one game on the college level as a Head Coach/CEO of a college program.

You would have had to call BS if we'd have hired Herman. How on earth can we hire a guy from a non-power 5 program who hasn't coached but one year as head coach and was winning this year with someone else's good players.

As long as you remain consistent with all of your BS calling, I'm with you, because anyone else in consideration for this job...that wanted it...has risks, problems, and unknowns worthy of calling BS if they had been hired.

Reactions: bmull08
I question everyone saying Rays keeps a list. Ray has always known spurrier leaving he is prepared. Well, Ray was caught with his pants down. Just imagine how bad this would have been if he didn't have a 2 month head start on everyone! lMAO

If the process seemed disorganized and lacked professionalism and focus, you can certainly question the hire the process ultimately spit out. Saying otherwise would be akin to baking a pie without some of the most critical ingredients and then telling your dinner guests that it might still be good, don't judge it until you've tasted it.

Reactions: cocky4
I hear you...but then to be consistent, you would have had to call BS on a Kirby Smart or Lincoln Riley hire because, by God, how can an SEC school put a program in the hands of someone who has never put together a coaching staff or coached one game on the college level as a Head Coach/CEO of a college program.

You would have had to call BS if we'd have hired Herman. How on earth can we hire a guy from a non-power 5 program who hasn't coached but one year as head coach and was winning this year with someone else's good players.

As long as you remain consistent with all of your BS calling, I'm with you, because anyone else in consideration for this job...that wanted it...has risks, problems, and unknowns worthy of calling BS if they had been hired.

Kirby Smart has never been a head coach. We've already seen Muschamp flop as a head coach. Huge difference.

Reactions: SpartanburgCock77
Kirby Smart has never been a head coach. We've already seen Muschamp flop as a head coach. Huge difference.

Yep...Georgia fires a quality, Christian leader of men with a proven track record of almost 10 wins a year...and hires a lifetime assistant that never has been a head coach before.

And people are laughing at us for hiring Muschamp!!

That will be Georgia's cross to bear (for firing such a proven coach...what an idiotic move).

Poultry King you're a fool. Yeah look at the mess he left FLA in when he was fired. They only won the SEC East the year after he was fired with basically all the players he recruited. If he's the flop you think he will be, at least we can expect our 2nd SEC East title the year after he's gone. If he's a success here then I'd suggest you find another team to pull for since you hate him so much.

He's got 2 years. First year is a mulligan. Second year needs to be drastic improvement over the first year(basically double whatever you did the first year). Don't make a fool of yourself, don't become a YouTube clip and I won't say a word. Get out of hand, act like a crazy person and lose and your butt is gone, Will. This is your second chance you wanted, make the most of it.

Sure I can. Called inference and logical proofs. Therefore I and most outside observers question the hire.

The Kirby Smart hire may go down as a huge fail, but I have to give Georgia some credit in that they believe they should be competing for SEC and National Championships and Mark Richt while a great coach has no SEC titles and no National Championships.

So what do you do, continue to hope Richt somehow gets it done after having a decade to do so? Why do you have to wait until a coach falls on his face like Spurrier? If they feel Richt has reached his ceiling and that ceiling is below their standards then make the change. And they did.

Now, is Smart the right guy? They obviously feel strongly that he is, because they hired him without looking at anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT