ADVERTISEMENT

Zeb to start vs EIU

Brown is the better passer you idiot
If you disagree with him then you're simply an idiot. I'm sure we all know someone like that. They're usually 11 or 12 years old. But not always. Earlier he suggested that we might fall behind EIU by 3 touchdowns. I started to laugh but then realized I was an idiot.

If you disagree with him then you're simply an idiot. I'm sure we all know someone like that. They're usually 11 or 12 years old. But not always. Earlier he suggested that we might fall behind EIU by 3 touchdowns. I started to laugh but then realized I was an idiot.
I guessed in a different thread he was 15, but you're correct his behavior and name calling is more along the lines of an 11 or 12-year-old

If you disagree with him then you're simply an idiot. I'm sure we all know someone like that. They're usually 11 or 12 years old. But not always. Earlier he suggested that we might fall behind EIU by 3 touchdowns. I started to laugh but then realized I was an idio

You have problems too. I never said we would fall behind EIU by 3 tds not the first week.

If Brown truly is better than we have a much bigger issue on our hands: our brand new coaching staff is incapable of evaluating QBs.

"[C]an't be any good" No, I don't think anyone is saying that. Has an elite strong and accurate arm that all the coaches that recruit in one of the highest recruited areas in the country somehow missed... Absolutely stating that.

Regarding Noland....know nothing other than he is a former GA who somehow surpassed the kid with the golden (undiscovered) arm.
That wasn’t specific to you but kind of an overall generalization of the strange debates that were happening.

In terms of Brown we know in college he completed 62% of his passes for over 3000 yards with 28 TDs and 6 ints averaging about 8 yards a pass. Not exactly the numbers you’d expect from a guy who can’t pass the football.

Zeb on the other hand in four years was about a 55% passer, about 2700 yards with 17 TDs and 14 ints. So not exactly a guy who is lighting anything on fire or particularly adept at protecting the football.

So while we haven’t seen practices it seems highly unlikely Zeb has suddenly turned things around. It’s not impossible but it is improbable. I still believe this decision is more about Doty than Brown or Noland and if the ball goes in the air more than 15 times Saturday it will be a surprise.

If we get down by 2 or 3 TDs
These are your words. By saying these words you are suggesting that it's a possibility. Now you're saying you did not use the words you used. If you are 12 years old you need to let the adults talk without calling them names. If, however, you are mentally ill then I apologize for engaging you in conversation and will put you on ignore.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
These are your words. By saying these words you are suggesting that it's a possibility. Now you're saying you did not use the words you used. If you are 12 years old you need to let the adults talk without calling them names. If, however, you are mentally ill then I apologize for engaging you in conversation and will put you on ignore.
But not in week one.

This reminds me of a few years back when Navy had to pull their backup QB out of the stands to come in and play in an emergency lol

The Cal women's soccer team had to ask one of the school's softball starters to come in as an emergency goalkeeper a week or so ago. She ended up helping them defeat the defending champs.

Footage of Zeb getting ready for Saturday.

napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif
That's a hoot. What is that from?

Reactions: OneIsTheWarrior
Lol Brown has an ELITE arm, or so you posted several times before. Well maybe it's his decision making that isn't elite, cause he got beat out by a
If Brown truly is better than we have a much bigger issue on our hands: our brand new coaching staff is incapable of evaluating QBs.
As noted, the Zeb start is very likely more about Doty in week 2 than about Brown et al in week 1.

But if Doty doesn’t cut it in week 2 or thereafter, I’ll bet it’s not Zeb that comes in.

Reactions: Dizzy01
As noted, the Zeb start is very likely more about Doty in week 2 than about Brown et al in week 1.

But if Doty doesn’t cut it in week 2 or thereafter, I’ll bet it’s not Zeb that comes in.
Okay, says the guy who said Brown has the "it" factor. Evidently Zeb has a bigger "it" factor. The way you all described him, this should have been a NO BRAINER, yet he couldn't beat a guy we pulled from the sidelines wearing coaching attire! If there were ever a perfect scenario for him to start, this was it, and he isn't.

why couldn’t brown start week 1 and Doty start week 2?

More of a coach than you'll ever be.
You literally know nothing about me. How could you possibly be so certain of that claim? But from everything you’ve said in this thread, there is zero chance you are a coach or evaluator of talent. You may “evaluate” as a fan for over 40 years…but that’s it.

Inside source told me Zeb looked better handing off to Kevin Harris than Jason Brown. Harris gave the nod of approval and Beamer made the call!

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You literally know nothing about me. How could you possibly be so certain of that claim? But from everything you’ve said in this thread, there is zero chance you are a coach or evaluator of talent. You may “evaluate” as a fan for over 40 years…but that’s it.
And by the same token you know nothing about me. If someone on this board says he prefers one player over another you guys start ATTACKING him. Example. So you know more than the Coaches, you've seen them practice. On and on.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Per Beamer, Zeb just flat-out won the competition and is the superior QB at this point:

I like Shane but things like this make him sound really defensive and like he’s trying to justify his decisions.

He’s played in a college football game a hell of a lot more recently than anybody on our team.

While this may be true it’s ignoring the fact that his play in those games ended with him being benched. I don’t think selling that a guy played bad football is exactly the point you want to make.

I like Shane but things like this make him sound really defensive and like he’s trying to justify his decisions.

He’s played in a college football game a hell of a lot more recently than anybody on our team.

While this may be true it’s ignoring the fact that his play in those games ended with him being benched. I don’t think selling that a guy played bad football is exactly the point you want to make.

We'll find out soon enough. If Beamer is as wrong on the QB situation as some here think he is, his tenure here won't last that long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT