ADVERTISEMENT

Zion flipped on Clemson!! .. Was a secret verbal until Friday night... His

stepdad is sick over this! He promised to deliver. His mom liked USC best....

Let me guess, you have a reliable source. The kid never even gave the instate school an official visit and he only took four. He had one remaining. I think it was Duke all the way. Trolled recruitniks for six months. That has to be some type of record. And yes clemson nation believed it.

Let me guess, you have a reliable source. The kid never even gave the instate school an official visit and he only took four. He had one remaining. I think it was Duke all the way. Trolled recruitniks for six months. That has to be some type of record. And yes clemson nation believed it.
I didn't . Never believed he would go to a non-basketball power school. He would have run the risk of playing on a team without the other athletes that will help him look good. It was just safer bet from a financial standpoint. Its not just about getting into the NBA, its the merchandise contracts.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Agreed... I never thought he was going to either instate school.. But he and the family were respectful of both... I wish him well... When a hoops phenomenon talks about building his brand, he is headed to a traditional basketball power..

Reactions: ClemDent
I predicted he'd go to Duke back in early 2016, but that's because I'm a prophet, so Saturday night didn't surprise me.

Don't understand the reasoning for Zion though, since the #1 and #3 prospects are both 6' 7" wing players. Somebody is going to get overshadowed out of that trio.

Go Cocks.

I think he talked to Brownell and Martin only to be respectful. Mama is a duke fan. He did this for her

That seems kind of odd considering his stepdad was quoted saying Zion was torn between the schools and was going to flip a coin to decide. Sounds like it was pretty close between them all.

Zion has said that Clemson had a large lead at one time, but he let the Clemson coaches know sometime last week that he was not attending Clemson. I do not think Clemson was even second. He wanted to play with "players like me", his quote. I think USC gave him something to think about with Bowen joining the team. He also said that he decided on Duke Saturday morning.

I dont blame him for wanting to play at Duke, but I do wish kids who are from South Carolina would take a longer look at playing for the home state school. Just imagine where Frank would have this team if he was getting gets like Seventh Woods, and Zion Williamsion, and LJ peak, and PJ Dozier every single year. I dont blame Frank at all, he has elevated this program beyond my wildest imagination but I wish we could change the perception of Carolina basketball in the eyes of these blue chip recruits.

Reactions: section2cock
Its funny how these "guru" dont keep track of the kid's favorite team growing up, when they are really good and have a offer from that team and was a die hard fan they seem to go to that school more often then not.

2 questions in the interview with the player that are always lacking

What was your favorite team growing up and were you a die hard fan? This would remove alot of guess work LOL.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT